Got my ass absolutely freaking destroyed tonight...but it was my bad

This is a discussion on Got my ass absolutely freaking destroyed tonight...but it was my bad within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Lined up with a supercharged 5.0 cobra. I gunned it first, but I stupidly left the Traction control on...as soon ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Thumbs down Got my ass absolutely freaking destroyed tonight...but it was my bad

Lined up with a supercharged 5.0 cobra. I gunned it first, but I stupidly left the Traction control on...as soon as I started spinning, it cut power, and he started pulling...so I flipped it off, banged 2nd and started getting back into the race, but I was focusing on the road that started to curve, and I missed 3rd!!! At this point he was about 45 car lengths ahead so I just let out. I know this guy, and this was not good. On paper, he is faster anyway, but this was my first "loss" in the ls1. I wish it was at least a legitimate run.

I need to be ready!!!
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

doh. how powerful are supercharged 5.0's?
    '03 white rex

SLW-

Eh, thats the nature of the game. Win some(well, lots in your case) and lose a few. A 'charged 302 vs. a NA LS1 is kinda like bringin a knife to a gun fight in most cases(assuming the tune on the FI engine is correct). Tho uptop I'd think the race would have been quite interesting
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by brembo
    SLW-

Eh, thats the nature of the game. Win some(well, lots in your case) and lose a few. A 'charged 302 vs. a NA LS1 is kinda like bringin a knife to a gun fight in most cases(assuming the tune on the FI engine is correct). Tho uptop I'd think the race would have been quite interesting
    Yea even if I hadnt been a tard, he still likely would have won...but at least I wouldnt have felt so bad about it...

oh, and trust me, I've lost way more than my share of races...LOL before my 2000 GT that was like 100-3 in races I had a 95 v6 stang that was about 3-100 and a 97 GT that was like 50-50 so I've definitely experienced some baddddd losses.
    2003 SRT-4

Damned traction control will get ya everytime. I've forgotten to turn mine off on a few occasions.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

That sucks. I've lost a few races because I missed a gear. Most I would have won if I hadn't but...still lost. Mod some, then go find him again.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I Support ClubWRX
    REMATCH

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    REMATCH
    if I run into him again...I dont go out and purposely street race anymore...

Too scary...ever since I got pulled over during a race, I've calmed down a lot.
    2003 SRT-4

my friends SS doesn that crap too. with the control on, if he spins, his gas pedal locks up.

sometimes though, when sliding, you need to hit the gas hard to grip something and gain control. its seems like for the experienced driver, this would actually make it less safe. (typical of chevy)

SLP and a few others sell a plug in module that sets the traction control default to "off" when starting the car, instead of automatically being on. I think it's about $50... I typically just turn mine off once I have my seatbelt buckled as one of the startup routines.

Worse yet, is having your car turned off in the staging lanes at the drag strip while waiting for other classes to run. Then once the staging lane guy finally waves you forward, you start your car and forget to turn the TCS/ASR off as you pull forward and back into the water box. Trying to do a burnout with the traction control on while your friends are watching = humbling. Not as bad as the guys (and girls) who've done burnouts in reverse, but still...

Ah the joys (and pains) of a RWD car.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I raced an older (90 or so) mudstain with a blower and walked him pretty easy. Then again i was driving my older sentra se-R turbo too, but was only running 6psi!
    Brent
    96 legacy that's Seriously confused

There are properly setup Mustangs with S/C's and those that are not. Just like any car, really.

I use to wax my friends 2001 GT with a blower from any speed when I was running 24psi. Now that he has resolved some issues and added some things he waxes me!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    There are properly setup Mustangs with S/C's and those that are not. Just like any car, really.

I use to wax my friends 2001 GT with a blower from any speed when I was running 24psi. Now that he has resolved some issues and added some things he waxes me!
    Yeah...I'd expect a supercharged Mustang, properly set up, to wax me pretty hard core...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH