t3/t4 turbo grand am

This is a discussion on t3/t4 turbo grand am within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my buddy just ordered his turbo kit for his granda am which will put him at 260whp and 280wtq, what ...

t3/t4 turbo grand am

my buddy just ordered his turbo kit for his granda am which will put him at 260whp and 280wtq, what do you guys think he will run at the track and will he bea able to beat a stage II wrx??? i used to own a sc grand am and it was pretty quick but if not launched right you had no traction so well see how his car'lll be. peace out gabe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it'll be a drivers race just because an awd car with the perfect launch and shifting can usually take cars that have a shiet load more power and moderate traction. I've heard some of the guys from apexi say how an awd car can take a fwd car with twice as much hp somtimes. I bet some people on here have raced some fixed up grand ams and can probably tell what happened.

more than likely his CAR is going to be faster than yours, techincally and on paper. Problem is that with FWD and that much tq he is going to have crazy torque steer and wheel spin i would imagine. As long as you dont go to high of speeds you should be able to get him. well tuned i cant imagine his turbo kit putting down better times than high 13's without some type of traction help.

Is it an automatic?

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    Is it an automatic?

RN
    I believe they only come in auto

I know the older body style grand am came in a 5spd just because i had a friend with one.(supposedly he also had an alero race engine!)