My dub vs rx-8
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My dub vs rx-8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On wednesday coming home from speedworld with my friend, i found a rx8 to play with. After catching up and ...

Registered User IntercoolerOnTo's Avatar

Thumbs up My dub vs rx-8

On wednesday coming home from speedworld with my friend, i found a rx8 to play with. After catching up and looking over at the guy i downshifted to let the guy know whats up. so then he guns it and then i gun it and i instanly gain about 1 car length, and by 90ish i have about 2-3 car lengths, then at 115 i shut it down and give him the thumbs up. or only having a down pipe and catback i expected it to beat me, but what can i say the dub rules.

Peace
    It has a REDLINE for a reason!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run.

Those rx-8's are fairly slow so I'm not suprised you beat him. They have zero torque and soso hp.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Yep they slow.............Mazda did fairly good with most of the bling crap and they offer some cool oem addons. But man it's just aweful slow. Even with their anticipated turbo or s/c kits it will most likely never touch an oem boosted engine. I never realized how fast my rex was until I test drove a car that was sposed to be kinda "quick". Actually, I really miss my rex but it was just abused too much day in and day out. I would always be driving around saying to myself, "yea, my rex isn't real cool lookin' but I'll square off against just about anything that rolls up to me." Now, I give the obligatory tail between legs embarassed smile as I feel like my ride is just a wannabe and a "pretty boy". Don't get me wrong, it's a cool car, but it's no replacement for the rx7, not even close. I'm not gonna even bother with engine mods as the dollar to power to "gonna **** my car up" ratio is just too weighted against me. If they can make a turbo setup that yields 300whp with stock engine and fueling and retain my warranty then sure why not! Until then it's just all sho and no go and jump on the stereotypical comments of a low power sports car...... "Oh yeah, well if you want a fast car then get an srt4 or v8 (insert any faster car than the 8) blah blah.............but if you want a great balanced all around sports car get the 8...hahaha that **** cracks me up every time I read posts like that. It's a pitiful cover up. Who knows, maybe I'll try an Evo if I can't deal with the 8. I won't buy an sti only due to I just wanna try the Evo.......wow, ramblin on. Do they still make the Aztek? I heard they're fast.......
    02 wrx wagon
    Ecutek (rallispec tuned)
    vf30, sti injectors, walbro 255 fp
    Vishnu catback, pde up/dp
    aps d/r500 stealth black fmic
    aps pod intake
    cusco f/r sway bars, strut bars
    Prodrive springs
    Whiteline suspension bits
    Twr Racing 4pot bbk up front
    Twr Racing 2pot brakes in back
    max whp 326 (11/24/03)
    Cylinder #4: R.I.P 2/2004

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    snail > rx8
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

FD3S>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RX8
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

wait, let me get this right. The rx8 is capable of 14.5 stock, most stock wrx's with decent drivers run low to mid 14's. A stock wrx is not slow? but a stock rx8 is? I guess you gotta draw the line somewhere

I'd like to see a bone stock RX-8 run a 14.5 stock. I'll try and see the best I can dig up. I've seen a silver one run 15's all day long with a 2.0 60ft. I have a hard time believing it can run mid 14's.

edmunds.com
    "Track testing yielded a best 0-to-60-mph time of 6.6 seconds and a quarter-mile run of 15.1 seconds. Without much off-the-line torque, the RX isn't much of a stoplight king, but once underway it makes up ground quickly. Its quarter-mile speed of just over 92 mph puts the Mazda about five miles per hour behind the Nissan. The numbers don't lie, if you're looking to dust off local high schoolers, the RX-8 isn't the car to do it with."
    Last edited by silverscooby; 03-13-2004 at 07:09 AM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I stand corrected. Looks like Road and Track got a 14.5@95 out of theirs.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Ike
    Originally posted by silverscooby
    I stand corrected. Looks like Road and Track got a 14.5@95 out of theirs.
    It was a pre-production car, and all the other mags that came up with the 14.5 had the same car. Also, the ECU was changed at port to make the car run rich in order to preserve the cat to meet emissions standards. Most people are running high 14s and low 15s with the production cars.

That makes more sense. I seriously have yet to see a fast one at the track or the street. I do like how they look in black though!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.