Do you do the same ?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Do you do the same ?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Liquid You were a few car lengths ahead of him b4 he knew what hit him! nice ...

Originally posted by Liquid
    You were a few car lengths ahead of him b4 he knew what hit him! nice kill
    Thanks. He was nervous about wheelspin and didn't launch well, in his defense.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by PPMotorsports
    Thanks. He was nervous about wheelspin and didn't launch well, in his defense.

-Jim
    That just means he's a crappy driver, ive gotten that reply almost everytime i beaten somone. Still to this day i haven't gotten a humble reply like yeah man ur fast cool, just always i was spinnin into 3rd gear, or i have bald tires no traction blah blah blah. One of my friends has a 250hp na civic si, and he got whooped on by a d series SOHC 1902 hatchback with just a cam not cams haha cam(zex) and thats it! He just can't drive and always fudges up at the line and miss shifts. Im just getting to the point where im confident with my launch and whoop on everyone elses and ive had my car for over a year.

I tell everyone I'm stock, but I only have the intake silencer removal and a K&N filter, so I am pretty much stock.

Once I get my up/dp/catback & AcessPort, I'll tell people I just have exhaust.

WRX
    I just tell people that I only have exhaust. (which I do minus the 40 or so hp from the reflash :wink: ) They can't believe they got beat by an auto.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    I just tell people that I only have exhaust. (which I do minus the 40 or so hp from the reflash :wink: ) They can't believe they got beat by an auto.
    IMHO autos are killer from a roll. i think better than an MT from my own experience...3rd really hauls

That just means he's a crappy driver
    not lauching well do to technique or choice doesn't mean you're a bad driver. i'll let drizze come here and reply himself, though.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Snowvert
    not lauching well do to technique or choice doesn't mean you're a bad driver. i'll let drizze come here and reply himself, though.
    haha it wasn't do to technique or choice, he choked!
    He was nervous about wheelspin and didn't launch well, in his defense

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    haha nice. My favorite:

I was driving in my last GT (over $12k in mods) and I came up on a stock looking GT. I paced him and he tried to gun it, so I downshifted and put like 15 lengths on him, as I should, since I had a blower...Well, about 3 min later, he pulls up and he's revving the crap out of his engine and lurching forward, so Im thinking, is this guy retarded? I gun it, and so does he, and this time we are DEAD even from 45-120!! I KNOW he sprayed me, but the light ahead went red and we stopped. This was our convo:

ME: "Damn, that thing is fast, what you got?"
    HIM: "Intake and exhaust. You?"
    (My blower is whining like crazy "wheeeeeeeeeee"
    ME: "Yep, same here, intake and exhaust."

He laughed, and so did I, and we went our separate ways. It was funny as hell.
    Sounds familiar...but I'm stock.

I take advantage of how I look. I look like I'm a child, so mommy and daddy just bought me this car, I've never driven stick before this week, it's totally stock except for that REALLY COOL sounding BOV. Then bog launch, go partial throttle and bounce off rev limiter in every gear first run at the track. Yep, race to embarass me...I'm a n00b.

Guys with me wanted to fool some others and put money down last time. I dunno if they did but they said my driving, going from first to second run, was hilarious...it confused the hell out of the mullets at the track (and YES, they were literal mullets...track is in Alabama JUST across the border from Mississippi, and the guys there really did have mullets...I swear). Go from bog to launching off the rev limiter, no hitting rev limiter when moving, full throttle.

But anyways...yeah, I'm a little spoiled kid...mommy and daddy MUST have bought me this cool toy.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

My white wingless Rex is 100 percent stock externally with the exception of a pair of WRB 3 1/5 inch vinyl logos on each front fender. The logos are there so that everyone who gets blown into the weeds can say, "Ya, Jeez I just had the Mustang tuned and ran some middle aged dude with these mirrored Maui Jim sun glasses in a stock WRX - God that thing was fast... and it had these blue letters on the front fender and....

Ah, let storied legends of the 'stock' white Subaru with the blue letters on its front fenders begin here on our little 'island' of Cape Cod.

Looking stock and running fast is waay cool and a lot of fun, even for a 'grownup.'
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

Thanks vert!

haha it wasn't do to technique or choice, he choked!
    I bog 1 launch and now I am a bad driver? I would love for you to jump into a high hp FWD car and launch it. I knew I would be killed on the launch because there is no way I compete with an AWD. I was trying not to spin and in the process bogged it. I am no pro what so ever, but I promise you that I can drive.

That race was to his advantage, and my advantage is from a roll. IF we would have raced from a roll, the outcome would have definitely been different. I'm not saying I would have won, but it would have been much different.

Jim, I really regret making that vid. Don't you have a differnt vid (or story) you can post when you talk about beating someone? That thing has been beat to death by you.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    Thanks vert!

I bog 1 launch and now I am a bad driver? I would love for you to jump into a high hp FWD car and launch it. I knew I would be killed on the launch because there is no way I compete with an AWD. I was trying not to spin and in the process bogged it. I am no pro what so ever, but I promise you that I can drive.

That race was to his advantage, and my advantage is from a roll. IF we would have raced from a roll, the outcome would have definitely been different. I'm not saying I would have won, but it would have been much different.

Jim, I really regret making that vid. Don't you have a differnt vid (or story) you can post when you talk about beating someone? That thing has been beat to death by you.
    hehe thats u! Your right messn up on a launch every now and then doesn't mean ur a bad driver, I retract my previous statement. I've had my rsx for a year now and i can probably launch perfect everytime because of experience. Very humble
    though drizze99

edit: I do drive a high hp FWD car, 215whp na RSX type S
    ^ hehe well kinda high!
    Last edited by Liquid; 03-13-2004 at 10:59 PM.

Am i that much of a noob? I was under the impression that SRT-4s were AWD?!
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

hehe thats u! Your right messn up on a launch every now and then doesn't mean ur a bad driver, I retract my previous statement. I've had my rsx for a year now and i can probably launch perfect everytime because of experience. Very humble
    though drizze99

edit: I do drive a high hp FWD car, 215whp na RSX type S
    ^ hehe well kinda high!
    high hp fwd car? 03 srt4's are 230whp stock. what are you talking about? mmkay.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

high hp fwd car? 03 srt4's are 230whp stock. what are you talking about? mmkay.
    Are you sure its 230whp stock? Not flywheel hp? i dunno i just checked the stats out at the dodge site and it said 230hp i didnt' know that they listed it at the wheels? hmmm
    and i said "kinda high"hah

Are you sure its 230whp stock? Not flywheel hp? i dunno i just checked the stats out at the dodge site and it said 230hp i didnt' know that they listed it at the wheels? hmmm
    and i said "kinda high"hah
    well, let's see here.

stock 03 wrx, 227hp at the fly/2.0l turbo. do you really think a car with a 2.4l and a larger turbo has only 3 more hp at the fly?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.