Forester XT vs. BMW 850ci

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. BMW 850ci within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a chance to play around with a BMW 850 ci. Don't know much about this model but it was ...

str

Forester XT vs. BMW 850ci

Had a chance to play around with a BMW 850 ci. Don't know much about this model but it was pretty quick. Got behind it as it was accelerating at stayed right with it. Got to a light but I couldn't get beside it, but was behind. We both launched when the light turned green and I almost ran into the back of it. I let of a tad and then just kept with it until it stopped accelerating at about 70mph. Probably could have passed it or pulled directly with it if the race continued.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    Car-Stats.com Report for 1996 BMW 850Ci
    Obtained from C&D October, 1996
    0-60: 6.1 Transmission: Automatic
    1/4 Mile: 14.7
    1/4 Speed: 99

Found some info on the 850.
    2004 Black Forester XT

J-H
    Yeah, but watch out on the highway....V12 (I almost sure)

Man, I have been reading your stories and this XT is freaking awesome...I am really starting to dig it. I know a very old couple that owns one. Its pretty funny to hear their kill stories

JH

They made a 5 speed in that car that made it a completly different car. My dad used to have a 840ci with a 5speed, and it would take an auto 850ci till about 80 then the V12 would over take the V8. Sweet car to drive thou!!
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Is your XT stock? If not, what mod's?
    2002 WRX WRB

u ever run youre xt at the track

str
    My Forester is stock. I have not yet run it at the track put have been thinking about it. I was actualy very close to going tonight but my buddy couldn't go. My wife doesn't really like going so I usualy go with a friend of mine. I'll be running it for sure in the next few weeks and I'll post the time slip. Not planning any major mods except maybe removing the two cats. This thing is a beast. I am actualy shocked at how quick it is. I thought my old WRX Wagon was quick stock. I put an MBC on it (which I still have) and my Forester still feels quicker than my old Rex, which ran a 14.1 in the 1/4. The way this thing gets off the line is amazing. Easily in the low to mid 5 second range. Great thing about it is that is is WAY easier to launch than the WRX. This thing feels like it needs a 6th gear. It rips through the first three gears so fast, I'm in fifth doing about 100 before I even realize it.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I will probably wind up getting an XT,the stealth factor is awesome.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I'm also planning on purchasing an XT this summer, the stealth factor makes it a better choice for me. Have you done anything to improve the handling? I see that Cobb has a suspension kit out for it but that's all I've found so far.

One a very unrelated note, what kind of mileage are you getting out of it?