Do people ever honk at you when you're doing some "spirited" driving?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Do people ever honk at you when you're doing some "spirited" driving? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; and I dont mean being an ass and cutting people off, etc...I just mean have you ever been driving kinda ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Thumbs down Do people ever honk at you when you're doing some "spirited" driving?

and I dont mean being an ass and cutting people off, etc...I just mean have you ever been driving kinda fast and gotten honked at in a mean way?

For example:

Today I was driving around in the camaro and I was behind a lexus rx300...he was first in line to get onto the freeway and there were 2 cars next to us...I wanted to be first, so as soon as there was room to get over, I cut around to the right and passed the lexus...as Im passing, at about 50% throttle, I hear BEEEEEEPPPPPPP!!

WTF?! I went out from behind him and safely passed in an unoccupied lane...WTF did I do wrong?

And stuff like this has happened before...Do people just hate having other cars move faster than them? What gives?
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    Passing on the right is illegal. That's probably why they're honking at you.

Calvin

Originally posted by cnk
    Passing on the right is illegal. That's probably why they're honking at you.

Calvin
    on a 2 lane city road?
    2003 SRT-4

cnk
    Yup. . .doesn't matter if it's 5 lanes or not. Technically, passing on the right is illegal. That's why I can't stand PA and NJ drivers. . they just sit in the left lane and never move over. If you pass them on the right and a cop sees you, you can get a ticket.

Calvin

was it a beep beep, or a beep? Maybe he sneezed...but yeah ive gotten a couple beeps for no reason. Some people get scared from slightly agressive driving.

edit: i was on the highway in a different state from where my car is registered and a highway patrol car is in the left going probably twenty under the speed limit and i didnt' wanna pass him on the right but i mean seriously he must have been eating krispykreme. So i passed no problem about 35 seconds later he starts catching up to me fast as hell like hes gonna pass me but he pulls behind me and pulls me over. Turns out my plates came back as a green 95 grand am and my car was a mustang gt. But nothing about passing on the right
    Last edited by Liquid; 03-11-2004 at 10:57 PM.

Originally posted by cnk
    Yup. . .doesn't matter if it's 5 lanes or not. Technically, passing on the right is illegal. That's why I can't stand PA and NJ drivers. . they just sit in the left lane and never move over. If you pass them on the right and a cop sees you, you can get a ticket.

Calvin
    no...I just asked my parents, both attorneys...it is NOT illegal...at least not here in CA...Im not talking about a 2 lane (one in each direction) road...Im talking about a 4 lane divided hiway...plus, I didnt get in front of him, I just went into the right and sped past him. I never got back in front until I got onto the freeway.
    2003 SRT-4

cnk
    Guess it's different in CA, but in NJ/NY/PA, it's illegal.

Calvin

Originally posted by cnk
    Guess it's different in CA, but in NJ/NY/PA, it's illegal.

Calvin
    still, do you get what Im saying, though...I never technically "passed" him...I was behind him, and I got into the lane next to him and literally drove past him...but never got back in front.
    2003 SRT-4

cnk
    Found the law for CA. . .you can pass on the right only when there are 2 or more lanes traveling in the same direction. Much different than over here.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgs22thru25.htm

Calvin

cnk
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    still, do you get what Im saying, though...I never technically "passed" him...I was behind him, and I got into the lane next to him and literally drove past him...but never got back in front.
    I understand what you're saying. . .he was probably just being an idiot. There are lots of them over here on the East coast. . maybe they're migrating.

Calvin

Originally posted by cnk
    I understand what you're saying. . .he was probably just being an idiot. There are lots of them over here on the East coast. . maybe they're migrating.

Calvin
    no, no, we have em out here in CA like crazy
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by cnk
    Found the law for CA. . .you can pass on the right only when there are 2 or more lanes traveling in the same direction. Much different than over here.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgs22thru25.htm

Calvin

yea, that sucks for you guys over there then!! I make my living passing people!!
    2003 SRT-4

there was a van sitting in the left lane at a light leading to a merge. i came rolling through on the right at about 25mph as it turned green. the van went from a dead stop an caught me an paced right beside me at 45-50mph all the way to the merge, so i sped up because it was going to one lane. an he gets right on me an throws on his brights. so i slow to 25mph in a 55 just because hes being an ass, after a couple minutes another lane opens up an he floors it. then i saw the handicapped sticker on the plates. i go through that, or something slightly milder almost twice a week. prolly because my car attracts attention an people in trucks power trip an try to run my off on ramps (happened twice) and no i was not being an ass, atleast not a complete ass.

i know what you're saying. I've gotten the honk when passing someone on a dotted yellow. Yes i was speeding, but i passed in a safe area and the person was going slower than most other cars as well. I've gotten the honk when merging normally. That's the most annoying when your onramp is ending and you HAVE to move over and there's a lot of traffic and the one genius you decide to pullin front of(cuz you'll hit prisoners picking up trash if you don't, and they don't need more reasons to be mad) decides he'll honk cuz you invaded his feng shui space. I like to smile a huge grin and wave for like 2 min. straight. It's fun.

Originally posted by cnk

Calvin
    PA drivers are the worst!
    2004 Red WRX Wagon
    18G (Protuned)
    293 whp
    285 wtq
    Many, many other mods.........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.