Do people ever honk at you when you're doing some "spirited" driving? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Do people ever honk at you when you're doing some "spirited" driving? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you guys think you have bad drivers, you should take a ride with me. I live in Yosemite where ...

If you guys think you have bad drivers, you should take a ride with me. I live in Yosemite where all bad drivers go on vacation. When it snows, you wouldn't believe how many people crash. The other day under beautiful blue skies with only a few slippery spots, this guy flipped his brand new Toyota 4x4. He came around a corner and went from dry to a little icy patch, lost the rear end and the front right tire climbed right up the snow bank on the right shoulder and over he went. This was in a 25mph zone that my suby can handle at 40 without a slip. In the summer we have "bear jams", if a bear shows up near a road, people will stop, blocking the road and just abandon their cars to go take pictures, even if there is room to pull off. If you honk at them, then you are the A-hole. I could rant about this all day
    Orange cones fear me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you guys do 80 on the freeway, and then all the sudden slow down to 25 for 5 miles to see a cop pulling a car over on the OTHER side of a 4 lane highway? If so, I`d agree, your drivers suck
    Speedkills, this happens all the damn time to me on 79/279 haha. Its ridiculous
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

I get honked at quite a few times per day. probably because I have this new tool installed in my head called, "allowed to drive the speed limit."

I paid top dollar for it. probabaly is rare in ohio because people have a tough time driving above 30 in a 45mph zone.

frustrating.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by cnk
    Yup. . .doesn't matter if it's 5 lanes or not. Technically, passing on the right is illegal. That's why I can't stand PA and NJ drivers. . they just sit in the left lane and never move over. If you pass them on the right and a cop sees you, you can get a ticket.

Calvin
    Thats actually called the "ohio law". That alone tells you how bad left lane wh0res are in OH.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

if I have to pass on the right it's because random_idiot_01 in their new metro is driving 60 in the left lane. been pulled over quite a bit for passing in the right lane, I laugh at the cop each time.

if they are going to let people with an IQ of less than 50 drive on public roads, they best know that i'm going to pass someone in the right lane if they can't understand that slower drivers need to move right.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

So youre saying if I am in the far right lane on a 3 lane highway and traffic slows to a crawl due to rush hour traffic, I am doing an illegal deed if I pass people in the left lane doing 5 mph. That doesnt make sense. If its not illegal there its also not illegal at 60 mph if you follow the letter fo the law. When Someone is going 60 in a 65 zone in the left lane I pass them, no problem. If I do get pulled over, Ill just say the car was doing too slow of a speed int he passing lane, so theyre the ones not following the law. You have to stay in the right lane unless youre passing someone....

Brandon
    Last edited by BrandonWRX; 03-14-2004 at 01:11 PM.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

I am the enforcer when it comes to the "left is for pasing" rule. When im rolling up on a moron sitting in the left, I honk them out of my way. It works, try it.

Somehow I think that maybe asking for trouble in some areas. Usually, the person sitting in the left lane knows nothing of the freeway etiquette (sp?) that we all seem to know but no other.

CHP head said the way to signal a person off the left lane is for you to turn on your left turn signal.

I haven't gotten honked at in my WRX yet, but I have honked at a few people myself.

I don't worry about the freeway anymore; I can hit the end of 3rd (mine goes up to 93 at least, haven't hit the rev limiter on it yet) from a roll at the top of the ramp so if those losers aren't getting over for me then I just get in front of them and stay in front of them. My pet peeve is people who don't get over for you if they're going the same speed. I always either speed up or else get over. I think it's common courtesy, especially when there's plenty of room.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Coming back from NYC this weekend I noticed that people really like to drive next to each other down the NYS Thruway. HUGE PITA when there are 2 cars rolling along next to eachother at 75.

Had to break out the high beams a few times to get them to move. Stupid people.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    Coming back from NYC this weekend I noticed that people really like to drive next to each other down the NYS Thruway. HUGE PITA when there are 2 cars rolling along next to eachother at 75.

Had to break out the high beams a few times to get them to move. Stupid people.
    Not in or near NYC (since I've never been there) but I've had some dude come flying up to get in front of me, then pace the slowest car he could find. Flashing lights did no good, so after my group was getting WAY ahead, I went ahead and passed on the shoulder. Good thing it was ueber wide at that point...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123