Do people ever honk at you when you're doing some "spirited" driving? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Do people ever honk at you when you're doing some "spirited" driving? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by jbruno PA drivers are the worst! Go to Florida for a week, you`ll think twice about that ...

Originally posted by jbruno
    PA drivers are the worst!
    Go to Florida for a week, you`ll think twice about that statement, although I agree they do suck.

Back on topic... I`ve never got the horn, atleast I don`t think, I don`t have a car, and my bikes too loud to hear a horn if I`m on the gas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by jbruno
    PA drivers are the worst!
    Cast your vote for the worst drivers. (NJ!!!)
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Originally posted by SpeedKills
    Go to Florida for a week, you`ll think twice about that statement, although I agree they do suck.

Back on topic... I`ve never got the horn, atleast I don`t think, I don`t have a car, and my bikes too loud to hear a horn if I`m on the gas.
    I have one word for you.

Massachussetts!

Man they drive horribly around here. Of course we're not alone. Rhode Island is terrible too.

Nothing is as bad as North Dakota drivers. I've only drove here for like 7 months and i've already almost been forced of the road by people just merging into my lane at least 3 times. if i was in any other vehicle i would have taken the hits.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

I have to agree with Griswold, even New York drivers pale in comparison with Ma$$h0le drivers. Especially while they're sitting in the fast lane doing 55mph in a 65mph sipping their Dunkin' Donuts and swerving occasionally into my lane casuing me to get

once i was driving and there was no traffic going in my direction, just my wrx and my friend in an m3, but some cars were coming on the other side. anyway, just for fun we downshift and bring it up from 25mph to 50 in a 35 zone. a car from the other lane honks and stares at us as he passes. pfft... he was an old fart, one of those old guys that just LOOK like a prick. but who knows maybe he wanted to race

in IL, they just passed a law that says if you are hovering (not passing) in the left lane (even if you are speeding) cops can give you a ticket for holding up traffic

woot woot open left lanes now!!!
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

thats just the bay area mentality. You should be used to it by now

Originally posted by ScstealthVR6
    iThat's the most annoying when your onramp is ending and you HAVE to move over and there's a lot of traffic and the one genius you decide to pullin front of(cuz you'll hit prisoners picking up trash if you don't, and they don't need more reasons to be mad) decides he'll honk cuz you invaded his feng shui space.
    I swear this has to be people underestimating the speed you are going when you try to merge. I get this all the time now that I drive the WRX instead of the Honda (which must have been going 55 or 60 at merge time instead of whatever speed I darn well wanted).

Coming up the onramp, it's a decent length, oh now I'm going 75 (speed limit 70 around here), merging into a guy who is the ONLY PERSON on the freeway for 1/4mi, and yet he does not get over, so I speed up to 85 and get the heck in front of him (no way I'm slowing down). He honks and flashes his brights. Hello? Did you not see me coming? Yes, I am going 75, not 45.

I try to give merging traffic room. Let them in, move into the left lane (more likely), just get out of the way. I swear that we need a highway driving component to our driving tests... I grew up in Seattle and learned to drive in rush hour, trust me you learn to merge. It seems like most of these tards never really learned to drive in traffic, even in the big city. Heck in Chicago if they don't know how to merge they just make up an extra lane and drive down the shoulder for a while

Originally posted by Griswold
    I have one word for you.

Massachussetts!

Man they drive horribly around here. Of course we're not alone. Rhode Island is terrible too.
    Do you guys do 80 on the freeway, and then all the sudden slow down to 25 for 5 miles to see a cop pulling a car over on the OTHER side of a 4 lane highway? If so, I`d agree, your drivers suck

Thats a good description of San Diego driving there Speedkills.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I got a honk from a cop car before.

I was going full throttle to merge on the freeway in Sacramento doing a test run and I didn't know that it was an unmarked police car. The cop blew that airhorn, caught up to me and 4 cops in the car gave me

Then I sped away again to my exit.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by driverj

I was going full throttle to merge on the freeway in Sacramento doing a test run and I didn't know that it was an unmarked police car. The cop blew that airhorn, caught up to me and 4 cops in the car gave me

haha you're lucky then...my friend and I were going somewhere, and he did a phat burnout in his all motor stang at a stoplight! Turns out right behind us was an unmarked car and he pulled my friend over and yelled at him...he let him off though!
    2003 SRT-4

Man, you guys all have it easy. In less than 2 years in South Carolina, I had 8 people intentionally run me off the road when I was driving my PT Cruiser. And yes, it was intentional...they looked me in the eye and a few even WAVED before jerking into the lane with me. In addition, I would frequently have people stand on their brakes to avoid slamming into me...2 of them slammed brakes hard enough to touch the front of the car to the ground. I had to rev and dump the clutch to avoid being hit by those 2.

Here in Alabama, it's not quite as bad. People go down the middle of the road even when I'm flashing lights and honking my horn but roads are wide enough it's usually not a big problem. A few times, though, old people have gone from the middle of the road to the WRONG side (AKA MY side) when I honk or flash and I've been run off the road by oncoming traffic.

Wherever I go, nuts seek me out.

Also since moving here, I've had police going the other way flash brights at me while doing the speed limit.

End babble.

RN
    Last edited by renichms; 03-12-2004 at 12:42 PM.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by driverj

I love on ramps!!!! I love to pick out a car on the road i'm merging to and tell my passengers i'm gonna merge in front of them and they don't beleive me. I love it too when people move out of the lane you are gonna merge into and they never even catch up to you.

The only downside is when you are merging into thick traffic and aren't paying attention to your speed and you end up merging on a 55 mph road going 80.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.