know what a good 1/8th mile time would be? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on know what a good 1/8th mile time would be? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by KINGSKY he had the slip to prove it. we didn't believe at 1st but he proved us ...

Originally posted by KINGSKY
    he had the slip to prove it. we didn't believe at 1st but he proved us wrong. i hope i see him tonight.....
    Ursine, a fellow suby owner was there with me.

RANDi
    Then it isn't stock. He'd have to part with the physics of this universe to run low 7's in the 1/8 with a stock STi. Or, if it is stock, the slip's a fake.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

his car sounded stock. he said he was stock, he could have been lyin' too. if i remembered correctly he said, he bought the STI a couple of weeks ago from the dealership.

RANDi

his car sounded stock. he said he was stock, he could have been lyin' too. if i remembered correctly he said, he bought the STI a couple of weeks ago from the dealership.

RANDi
    Mine sounds stock but isn't...it's not hard to manage. I don't doubt an STi can go low 7's, just not stock.

RN

nitrous sonds stock.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

sorry my mistake.....
    he ran a 7.73 stock.....

one STI stock ran high 8s.....
    one WRX wagon w. vishnu stg2 ran 8.8 on 91gas....

RANDi

sorry my mistake.....
    he ran a 7.73 stock.....

one STI stock ran high 8s.....
    one WRX wagon w. vishnu stg2 ran 8.8 on 91gas....

RANDi
    No worries. He probably had downpipe and like someone mentioned, he might have had some form of nitrous too. Unless he strips it to bare metal inside, ports the wastegate and doesn't count it as a mod, then dumps all the exhaust and still runs faster than it can, no 7.7 from a stock STi.

RN

I can almost get into the 7's in the 1/8, traps are mid to high 80(mph). Wanna say like 8.1 or 8.3. I killed my logs on a reformat. You'd think I'd memorize stuff like that.

...side note. Kid around here has a Stang GT, pretty modded. Will do mid 7's without the giggle gas, said he has a hard time doin better with the NO2 as his traction goes to hell. We played around 0-40 0-50 stuff and I made him very upset, he could not catch me. I know he woulda hammered me had it gone past 60-70 mph tho, we just didn't have room to let it all hang out. If he had DRs I woulda been toast.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

i checkout his car last night, ha had nothing done to it.

RANDi

He may have a timeslip that says 7.9 @ 80, but that would make it a computer error.

There's just no way it's gonna turn either one of those numbers. 7.9 is too fast for a stock STi, and 80 mph is too slow for a 7.9 run unless it cuts like a 1.0 60ft (which I assure you it does not).

Timing systems aren't perfect. Anyone who's raced long enough has a handfull of "funky" timeslips that can't possibly be accurate.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

No way a stock Sti ran a 7.9 in the 1/8th. For comparison puposes, my best 1/8th mile on 93 octane was a 7.90@89.4 with a 1.82 60'. My car made 300whp on the setup. The trap idicates right at that output as well. No stock Sti makes 300whp. Just isnt happening.

Now on the other hand, a Sti can be built up to 300whp without any change in appearance.

1) Engine management with increased boost
    2) Catless exhaust with the stock muffler
    3) 100 octane or something similar

That should bring the car pretty darn close to 300whp. I've seen some Sti's run 8 flats with similar setups. It will also look bone stock depending on how well hidden the engine management is.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Speaking of funky timeslips, I've concluded that my last slips were exactly that. STi with downpipe, 1/8 ET of 8.6, trap of 88.6mph. Once header and uppipe are in, I'll be at a better track. Since I ran 8.3 @ 81 mph stock, I expect something more like 8.0-8.2 @ something faster than 81 mph.

RN

One of my friends had a time slip of 11.88 1/4 et in a '98 M# with intake and exhuast. Something just didn't add up there.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

I have a question for everyone who drag races. How do you guys launch? do you drop the clutch or let it out aggressively? Also, what do you think I could run with an ACT clutch and a ACT 13.9lbs flywheel?

Originally posted by 1wrx4u2c
    I have a question for everyone who drag races. How do you guys launch? do you drop the clutch or let it out aggressively? Also, what do you think I could run with an ACT clutch and a ACT 13.9lbs flywheel?
    http://www.schoolsubjects.com/sti/video/

If you bounce off the rev limiter like me, be sure to keep tires fully inflated to induce some wheelspin.

RN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.