How will a Cobb stage1/ stage2 stack up against a stock EVO...??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on How will a Cobb stage1/ stage2 stack up against a stock EVO...??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I believe with a full catless TBE and Stage 2 ECU we dyno between 220-230whp. People that just run a ...

I believe with a full catless TBE and Stage 2 ECU we dyno between 220-230whp. People that just run a downpipe.. leaving the 3rd cat and stock axle back usually see 205-210whp.

Can't wait to get my Uppipe and Pulley in this summer.. just wish there was a dyno near me
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Cameron
    I believe with a full catless TBE and Stage 2 ECU we dyno between 220-230whp. People that just run a downpipe.. leaving the 3rd cat and stock axle back usually see 205-210whp.

Can't wait to get my Uppipe and Pulley in this summer.. just wish there was a dyno near me
    Sounds like someone with the full setup would be a very even match for the EVO. EVO has slightly shorter gearing though....but it is probably still a drivers race

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

I'm running Cobb Stage II. I love it, but here are my recomendations.

-Full catless turbo-back
    -catless uppipe (you need one!)
    -Access ECU stage II
    -Turbo inlet hoses (a little bit more)
    -93 octane

that should put almost 230 or so down to the wheels

Fairly cost effective and very low on the lag side of things. I would highly recomend a 2.5" exhaust if you are sticking to a stock turbo. 3" on upgraded turbo. Otherwise, go like Invidia 3" TBE, then get a VF34 and injectors and run the VF34 map from accessport.

With this setup you will give any stock or nearly stock evo a good run. Remember you are 200 lbs lighter than they are.

I recommend scoobysport if you have the $$$. Sounds amazing.
    Last edited by keystah; 03-18-2004 at 07:35 AM.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

I raced an EVO that had an intake and BOV - My car is highly modded - VF30 - all fuel components, intercoller, and so on- Dyno 300 WHP - it was a rolling start from 50 - I pulled him about 6 car lengths up to 115... He was upset as my car looks stock other than the muffler - but overall a good guy. I love the look of the EVO -

BUT THE 02 WRX IS THE ORIGINAL!!!!

Good Luck, hope you get him!...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.