How will a Cobb stage1/ stage2 stack up against a stock EVO...??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on How will a Cobb stage1/ stage2 stack up against a stock EVO...??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I believe with a full catless TBE and Stage 2 ECU we dyno between 220-230whp. People that just run a ...

I believe with a full catless TBE and Stage 2 ECU we dyno between 220-230whp. People that just run a downpipe.. leaving the 3rd cat and stock axle back usually see 205-210whp.

Can't wait to get my Uppipe and Pulley in this summer.. just wish there was a dyno near me
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Cameron
    I believe with a full catless TBE and Stage 2 ECU we dyno between 220-230whp. People that just run a downpipe.. leaving the 3rd cat and stock axle back usually see 205-210whp.

Can't wait to get my Uppipe and Pulley in this summer.. just wish there was a dyno near me
    Sounds like someone with the full setup would be a very even match for the EVO. EVO has slightly shorter gearing though....but it is probably still a drivers race

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

I'm running Cobb Stage II. I love it, but here are my recomendations.

-Full catless turbo-back
    -catless uppipe (you need one!)
    -Access ECU stage II
    -Turbo inlet hoses (a little bit more)
    -93 octane

that should put almost 230 or so down to the wheels

Fairly cost effective and very low on the lag side of things. I would highly recomend a 2.5" exhaust if you are sticking to a stock turbo. 3" on upgraded turbo. Otherwise, go like Invidia 3" TBE, then get a VF34 and injectors and run the VF34 map from accessport.

With this setup you will give any stock or nearly stock evo a good run. Remember you are 200 lbs lighter than they are.

I recommend scoobysport if you have the $$$. Sounds amazing.
    Last edited by keystah; 03-18-2004 at 07:35 AM.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

I raced an EVO that had an intake and BOV - My car is highly modded - VF30 - all fuel components, intercoller, and so on- Dyno 300 WHP - it was a rolling start from 50 - I pulled him about 6 car lengths up to 115... He was upset as my car looks stock other than the muffler - but overall a good guy. I love the look of the EVO -

BUT THE 02 WRX IS THE ORIGINAL!!!!

Good Luck, hope you get him!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12