What do you think? My modded maxima VS a WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What do you think? My modded maxima VS a WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys whats up, just so you know I come in a peacefull nature and I highly respect your cars ...

What do you think? My modded maxima VS a WRX

Hey guys whats up, just so you know I come in a peacefull nature and I highly respect your cars so lets try to keep this in a peacefull nature.

Now I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima, it is equipped with a 6spd transmission. I have a lot of mods but here are just my power mods. I have a intake, high flow cat and a cat-back exhaust system. The car dynoed 215 FWHP and 231 FWTQ SAE corrected. A stock 6spd max puts down 198-203 FWHP and 220 FWTQ.

I took the car to the track once and under horrible conditions I did a 14.5 @ 98 MPH, my 60 foot was tererible at 2.44. i have light weight 18's(19.5 lbs) with Kumhos.

Now to the event on hand. A few weeks back I saw a real nice looking WRX on the road. He drove by going about 45 MPH when I was merging out of a gas station. I floored it out after him and when I was a about a car behind him he went WOT, but at this point I was going about 5-10 MPH faster then him. Of course on a roll my car has a lot more power so I flew right by him and quickly put a few car lenths on him. Of coarse this whas by no means a fair race because I had momentem and we all know the WRX's sweat spot is from a stop, not 50 a MPH roal.

So anyways the guy with the WRX is a friend of a friend and he wants a re-match. This time we are going to run from 0-100 MPH. This race is slated for Monday or Tuesday of next week.

The WRX is a 5spd, it has a aftermarket BOV and he removed a cat. What do you guys think about this race? I have a feeling if this guy does not do a perfect launch I will definatly take him by 100 MPH. If he has a great launch (5000 RPM drop) he is going to take a real nice lead over me at first. Now I am wondering if he does know how to drive with the best of them will I catch up?

What do stock or slitely modded WRX's put down to the wheels and what are there 1/4 mile times usualy?

BTW I saw that Altima thread and I hope this does not turn into that.

Thanks for your input guys and I will post the results when they come.

Last edited by Emax02; 06-21-2002 at 11:59 AM.
    2002 6spd maxima. All motor
    13.88 @ 101.7 MPH 230WHP/230WTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    i raced a maxima (or altima..uhoh i forget) when i was at the 1/4 one time. we ran a few times together, but i consistently beat him every time. although the car's not fast, i was suprised at how quick the car was, even off the line

he too was running 18s and kumhos i think
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

does he have a MBC??? if he does then you are in trouble.
    Last edited by SobeWRX; 06-21-2002 at 11:54 AM.

Emax, you post on the altimas.net forums don't you? Your username looks familiar.

Stock WRX's are running 14.4's at like 96 mph. If he bogs his launch you should beat him to 100 mph. However, if he gets a strong launch, he'll probably pull 2-3 car lengths on you and you probably won't be able to dial him in after that.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Flyboy
    Emax, you post on the altimas.net forums don't you? Your username looks familiar.

Stock WRX's are running 14.4's at like 96 mph. If he bogs his launch you should beat him to 100 mph. However, if he gets a strong launch, he'll probably pull 2-3 car lengths on you and you probably won't be able to dial him in after that.
    Hey dude, I post on altimas.net once in a while. They have the same engine and all so i always keep an eye on what there up to over there I'm on maxima.org usualy when i'm on the net.

So this looks like it is going to be one hell of a race then, definatly up to the driver. From what my friend says he thinks the guy is a ok driver and that he did not do much to his car. My friend seems to think I will take him but I'm not to sure about it.

The best stock maxima time is 14.23 @ 99, that guy got a a 2.1 60 foot compared to my 2.4. Average 1/4 mile for a stock or slitely modded 6 spd max is 14.4-14.6 from 95-98 MPH.

BTW I am putting headers on and a Y-pipe soon but this won't be in time I have been waiting for my Y-pipe to come in now for about 3 weeks! Argh..

Thanks for your input guys.

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    does he have a MBC??? if he does and the cat he removed was on the uppipe then you are in trouble.
    Sorry I don't know exactly what that is(MBC)? If that meens manual Boost control then I don't think he has that.

An MBC and uppipe should put him in the high 13's so he probably doesn't have one.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Emax, that is a nice look Maxima you have there. I really like how the rims look on it. My mother just turned in her leased 99 Maxima and purchased a new SE with Auto. I haven't even seen it yet. She just picked it up last Friday (she lives about 45 minutes from me so I don't get a chance to see her too often anymore). My brother still has his 99. It is a 5 spd. They are excellent cars. It is one of the cars at the top of my list for when it comes time to replace my S4. Just depends what is around in a couple years.

Respectfully,

I would eat your Maxima for breakfast.

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Respectfully,

-Jim
    well said

lol
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Respectfully,

-Jim
    I bet, but the question is, could you hang with a turboed maxima running 16 PSI? We have one at maxima .org , with 12 PSI he put down 350 FWHP and about the same amount of TQ. He is running 15 PSI last I heard.

2001S4, thank you . S4's are at the top of my list. I looked at a few but it was just to much for me to spend on a used car.

Hey guys how much HP do you guys put down to the wheels stock? About 175-180 right?

Respectfully,

-Jim
    I just noticed your trap is the same as mine If I caught you on a roll i think I would be doing the eating Particular after 100 MPH

Thumbs up

Nissans are nice. If I didn't get a WRX it would've been an SE Max. After I get tired of my WRX it may be a G35 coupe!
    PSM Sedan, lightly salted!
    SCCA-4-Life!

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Emax02

Hey guys how much HP do you guys put down to the wheels stock? About 175-180 right?
    yup. more or less, varying car by car.

my car probly puts somewhere around 200? b/c of the vishnu kit, but i havnt had it dynoed yet
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Yes, you will beat him if you get a good launch. I think you will start to reel him back in if he gets a good launch. If he has a MBC then he will probably win. Otherwise you win. Good luck and post the results.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast