Z4 3.0 vs STi - funny story

This is a discussion on Z4 3.0 vs STi - funny story within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A girl (young lady) in my neighborhood got a new Z4 3.0. She thinks she's the fastest thing on wheels. ...

Z4 3.0 vs STi - funny story

A girl (young lady) in my neighborhood got a new Z4 3.0. She thinks she's the fastest thing on wheels. She's blown by me in traffic on my way to work. I've been wanting to race her but there's alway to much traffic. Well today I happen to see her leaving the neighborhood so I haul axx to catch up to her. We get side by side on the main road heading into town (50mph speed limit). Well we were both doing about 50mph and I looked over at her and just about then she nails it. I did the same and quickly started walking away from her.
    When I had about 3- 4 cars on her I let off. She then became extremely agressive. She went flying by me and then got caught in some traffic. As soon as the traffic cleared she nailed it and started zig zagging through traffic like she was being chased by the police. I just sat back a watched her. I guess her ego was really hurt. She thought that her new Z4 was unbeatable. A Fuunny enounter and I just loved it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The story is funny, and scary at the same time. If she had wiped out while weaving and survived to tell about it, the whole incident might have been traced back to the quick run with you...

The cops get her story, they track you down at the house, SWAT moves in, slam you face down in your cereal with your undies on at 7am...

Ok, perhaps my own paranoia is getting away from me there.

Dont people like that, the girl you walked, just annoy the piss outta ya? I mean really, I must see about 4-5 Cavaliers a day that think the dealer said 240 horses, instead of 140.

Originally posted by Salient
    The story is funny, and scary at the same time. If she had wiped out while weaving and survived to tell about it, the whole incident might have been traced back to the quick run with you...

The cops get her story, they track you down at the house, SWAT moves in, slam you face down in your cereal with your undies on at 7am...

Ok, perhaps my own paranoia is getting away from me there.

Dont people like that, the girl you walked, just annoy the piss outta ya? I mean really, I must see about 4-5 Cavaliers a day that think the dealer said 240 horses, instead of 140.
    When she drove like a mad man (her normal aggressive style), our race had been long over. She got caught in traffic at a red light behind a few cars. I was several cars behind her at the light. When the light turned green, I just drove normally and watched her try to get in front of everyone. Thats how she drives. She thinks she's James Bond in her Z4.
    As I mentioned in my post, she will come blowing by me in traffic on my way to work. I've been waiting for chance to smoke her. Today I just happen to get lucky enough to get next to her on an clear stretch of road and teach her a quick lesson. But she obviously didn't learn much by the way she took off and continued to drive aggressively.

Maybe she just always drives like that and doesn't care if her car is faster than anyone's or not. She could just be an idiot who drives too fast all the time and didn't even care at all that you outran her in that stretch?
    Just a thought. It's hard to know what people may be thinking. Hate to stereo-type, but she could just be a female type who just is driving impatiently, but because she's female, doesn't care as much about having the faster car, etc. (Like all us dumb males do) hehe
    Scott in Houston

Originally posted by Scott n Houston
    Maybe she just always drives like that and doesn't care if her car is faster than anyone's or not. She could just be an idiot who drives too fast all the time and didn't even care at all that you outran her in that stretch?
    Just a thought. It's hard to know what people may be thinking. Hate to stereo-type, but she could just be a female type who just is driving impatiently, but because she's female, doesn't care as much about having the faster car, etc. (Like all us dumb males do) hehe
    Your right, she is an idiot and drives real fast all the time. But its really hard not to race someone like that when you get the chance. She definately tried to race me. She made the move and tried to walk me, but I did it to her.
    Those 3.0 Z4's are definately faster than many of the cars on the street. I'm sure she not used to being beaten all that much. My neighbor right across the street has a brand new red 3.0 Z4. Its actually pretty fast. I wouldn't want to race one in a stock WRX.

nice kill! Those are nice lookin cars...those Z4 cars look pretty nice... She must have felt pretty damn pissed to see you blow right by her!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Yeah. I may have done the same thing you did. I was just playing devil's advocate a little.

The 3.0 Z4 is a decently fast car. I actually like them now. I didn't when they first came out, but now I do.

There must be something about the people buying them though. I had a run in with an older (60 plus) lady in one. I was behind her at a light, and she rolled down her window and just dropped this mcdonald's bag full of trash right there on the street!
    I pulled up next to her, and she rolled down her window all friendly because she probably thought I'd say, nice car or something... (she still had paper plates). Instead I asked her if the new car cost so much she couldn't afford a trash can. She got pissed and started trying to get in front of me and cutting me off.
    I'm in a 911 Turbo, so uh no... she didn't get in front of me. I got in front of her and slowed to 20 mph for a few mins. Then took off. haha.
    Juvenile I know, but I was pissed that she had the nerve to litter like that right in front of people then try and road rage on me when I call her on it!
    Scott in Houston

Yeah. I may have done the same thing you did. I was just playing devil's advocate a little.

The 3.0 Z4 is a decently fast car. I actually like them now. I didn't when they first came out, but now I do.

There must be something about the people buying them though. I had a run in with an older (60 plus) lady in one. I was behind her at a light, and she rolled down her window and just dropped this mcdonald's bag full of trash right there on the street!
    I pulled up next to her, and she rolled down her window all friendly because she probably thought I'd say, nice car or something... (she still had paper plates). Instead I asked her if the new car cost so much she couldn't afford a trash can. She got pissed and started trying to get in front of me and cutting me off.
    I'm in a 911 Turbo, so uh no... she didn't get in front of me. I got in front of her and slowed to 20 mph for a few mins. Then took off. haha.
    Juvenile I know, but I was pissed that she had the nerve to litter like that right in front of people then try and road rage on me when I call her on it!
    Dude, that was lame of her. She should hope people don't have cameras in their cars...some of us do (or soon will).

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Any time you can spank any BMW is always a good kill. By the way, did you know BMW stands for Broke My Wallet
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Are you sure she just wasn't late to work or something?

sounds like that ''young lady'' is gonna going to her daddys wallet and asking for a faster bmw...his dad than will understand what BMW really stands for

I just test drove a 3.0 Z4 yesterday and I must say I was impressed. It's definatly not as fast as the STi but it handled like a champ. I had fun tossing that little roadster around some corners. Very solid car. In all honosty it only felt a little faster than a stock wrx. Anyone know how much they weigh?

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Are you sure she just wasn't late to work or something?
    Everyday?

No, she drives like that. You know the type. She just has to get in front of everyone. Once she gets in front of everyone she will slow down to the speed limit. I know quite a few people who are just like her.

I'm going to have to say female drivers aren't as "innocent" as everyone makes them out to be. No offense to the ladies.. but its true. I think theres almost as many crazy women drivers as there are men!

I think its true that a lot of them just drive like that normally. They don't even realize that they're tailgating, cutting people off, etc. I know my girlfriend is HORRIBLE! She does all of the above and she doesn't even realize it... or doesn't seem to care. I try and tell her that someones gonna get pissed one of these days and run her off the road.

I think its about time to equal out the car insurance rates between men and women! They're just as crazy if not crazier

That was funny as hell, i would have done the same! As for thise whole female agressive driving thing, my mom drives like that. Ohh mann she talegates, yells, and speeds like a mofo. And shes not worried about getting pulled over cause all she has to do is flash her ff badge and wow. I try to yell at her but i gave up a long time ago. Some women just think there the best drivers and all guys know there the best driver