WRX vs. G35 Sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. G35 Sedan within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This happend 2 nights ago: I had left work at 11pm and was headed on the 101 north towards the ...

WRX vs. G35 Sedan

This happend 2 nights ago:

I had left work at 11pm and was headed on the 101 north towards the San Fernando Valley. I was driving swiftly, but nothing crazy. There was some traffic, but not too much. I pass up this G35 sedan in 5th gear and just happen to let off the gas enough that my BOV went off next to him, unintentionally. This guy drives around some cars and gets next to me, his window slightly cracked open enough so his eyes just peeked over it. I got the feeling he wanted to run. I didn't really want to, but I said what the heck. I downshift to 4th and nail it. I pulled a good 4 car lengths on him. I don't know if he just didn't hit the gas on time or what. I slowed down a bit to let him catch up. I see his lights behind me and I nail it again, with the same result. He does the ricer flyby and stays about 2-3 cars ahead. My exit was coming up so I merged 2 lanes to the right to get off. He proceeds to merge onto the 405 north and flashes his hazards. WTF? Dumbass...
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmm... nice kill i guess. I dont really know how those things stack up against a wrx. They weigh about 3300 lbs and have 260 horsies. That will finish up a quarter of a mile just shy of 15 seconds.

Those are cool, but definately are no skylines. You would roast that guy from a dig, roll, or in reverse.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Kind of a weird run. He thought he won because I got off the freeway? I dunno...

Yah cause you gave up man He wanted to see who would stay on the freeway the longest

j/k

Maybe it was his way of waving?

Smile

Originally posted by AjIsDope

Maybe it was his way of waving?
    In all seriousness, I used to flash my hazards as a wave before the whole streetracer "I beat your ass" attitude got associated with it. If it's a guy or gal over 35 in a stock looking luxury sedan, they probably wouldn't know that flashing the hazards is considered to be taunting, and he was just giving you props for a fun run since he saw you exiting.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I hope so. From what I saw, the guy looked to be in his late 20's. I'll just keep it like this. Better than thinking the guy was a jackarse.

AJ don't sweat it trust me you can beat a G35... i got one in my wifes WRX one morning going to work.. some new officer (im in the military) thought his G35 was hot..... NOT... he got served bad and he was dumb enough to race me from a stop....
    wifes engine mods.........samco hoses, gfb bov, AEM, and a cobb catback.... so hold ya head up man... you woulda got him!!!!!
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

I found it odd that he flashed me after I pulled so hard on 'em. I had to slow down so he could catch up.

its awave dude i use it on friends when we go opposite ways
    if its not fast it better be a show car

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.