1999-2004 Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 1999-2004 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I left work earlier around 4pm yesterday to go look at a house. I'm driving from Jimmy Carter > Holcomb ...

1999-2004 Mustang GT

I left work earlier around 4pm yesterday to go look at a house. I'm driving from Jimmy Carter > Holcomb Bridge > Hwy 92. I pass Roswell HS and I notice a silver Camero SS and purple Mustang GT pull out at the light infront of me. I thinking to myself that I always wanted to race a SS off the line so I started going a little faster ... 60 instead of 50. Well the SS got into the left turning lane so my chance was gone as I was still going straight. However when we reached the next light I noticed the GT in the far right lane w/ a van between us and me in the left lane.
    It just finished raining so I figured that if I launched, it would be unfair for the GT and wasn't even sure if he wanted to run. So the light turned green I start in 1st faster than normal just to see what the GT would do. I slowly progress through 1st and I notice the GT staying w/ me. I shift into 2nd and now I see he going. Basically it all started around 35mph in 2nd and I went WOT. I went from 35-90 and pulled many bus lengths on him. I think he stoped after I pulled the 1st bus length but I wasn't sure so I kept going. We hit another light and the GT was behind me. Then I see him get out from behind me and come into the left turning lane while rolls down his passenger window. I figured he wanted to chat so I rolled down my windows.
    He starts out "Damn you suck, you're AWD kicked my ass. I saw when you hit 2nd and pulled while I just kept spinning. Then you're just gone." I replied "Yeah, AWD is so much more fun in inclement weather. I was about to launch from the light but I thought that would be unfair if someone's not ready." He laughed and agreed. I asked him if he's done anything and he replied that is a stock GT w/ 260hp. He then states "Umm, I actually need to continue to go straight but I wanted to say hi. Also your exhaust sounds NICE." I thanked him for the compliment and of course let him got infront of me when the light turned green.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, what a cool guy. Nice kill from a roll, too. That GT was probably squirreling all over the place in 2nd and 3rd with a fresh coat of water on the roads.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Get your kicks in now against the "soft" GT's because when the lighter (3300 lbs) and faster (320HP) 05's come out, its gonna be on and poppin!!

I CALL BS!!

J/K, Good run!
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    cool
    2003 SRT-4

Get your kicks in now against the "soft" GT's because when the lighter (3300 lbs) and faster (320HP) 05's come out, its gonna be on and poppin!!
    It's actually heavier than the current GT, and 300HP. Who knows what the variable timing will give, but prob. no more than a dohc in 99,01 cobra, or mach 1.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

agghhh, you are right. The current GT is 3208 and the 05's will be 3300, but I dont thing 92 extra pounds will matter too much. Ford listed the GT as having 300HP to keep insurance costs lower but it will actually carry 320HP

the new GT is supposed to be on par with the current mach 1 performance wise. which is a mid 13sec car well driven

Yo

It's cool. I'm sure there'll always be something faster than me on the road. I think it was just fun as I don't have many "interesting" encounters anymore. I've lost to an older Mustang GT w/ ( SC or NOS ), SRT 4 w/ MBC, and TransAm w/ many bolt ons. I just think it's nice when people can "talk the smack" after an encounter and still be fine.
    I just want to make sure that most losses are easier to count than wins. I still want to run the E46 M3 again from 20-90+/-; now than I'm running a 11:1 A/F vs. my so rich state which was below the mesaureable limits and in hot weather.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    It's cool. I'm sure there'll always be something faster than me on the road. I think it was just fun as I don't have many "interesting" encounters anymore. I've lost to an older Mustang GT w/ ( SC or NOS ), SRT 4 w/ MBC, and TransAm w/ many bolt ons. I just think it's nice when people can "talk the smack" after an encounter and still be fine.
    I just want to make sure that most losses are easier to count than wins. I still want to run the E46 M3 again from 20-90+/-; now than I'm running a 11:1 A/F vs. my so rich state which was below the mesaureable limits and in hot weather.
    how did you do against the M3 last time. I cant see a wrx on stock turbo pulling on an E46 from 20mph and up

Yo

I was running a uppipe, downpipe, catback, and MBC when I raced the E46 M3. We were basically next to each other from 5-70 but he started pulling at 70mph but we already agreed to shut down at 70mph. It was also hot but not an excuse; I wasn;t running my normal 16psi ... it was more realistically between 14-15psi because it was 80s+. I want to see if I can hang w/ one from 10-90mph.
    2004 STI White/Gold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.