What was your most humbling race? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on What was your most humbling race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; C5 Corvette in my 02 WRX Wagon. We turned a corner and both floored it. He spun so bad and ...

str
    C5 Corvette in my 02 WRX Wagon. We turned a corner and both floored it. He spun so bad and went sideways, I got a one car jump on him. When I hit 60 and he stopped laying massive wheel, he pulled on me like I was a B***h. He had many car lengths on me when I gave up at about 90mph. I'm pretty sure it was just a standard vette and not a z06, but man it was fast. I had an MBC at the time. Made me realize my Wagon was quick, but not fast.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, mine wasn't humbling or embarassing but I'll list it anyways...

Installed downpipe, a few weekends later, I got to go to a local 1/8 mile track. I'd never been to it before. Turns out the track isn't so great but there are a LOT of people there and it seems none of them like imports, so even if I want to run alone, I can't...everyone wants a shot at the ricer. Taking it easy, I got 6 runs in. Five races upset the anti-import crowd, as I completely slaughtered their beloved cars (one of them twice). I'm not anti-domestic, by the way. Last run, some guy in a new Mustang GT with pipes lines up with me. Given I can't tell what he has done, I don't assume an easy win, but I do expect to win. So, we roll through the water box, as there was no way to go around it without going through grass. He pulls a small burnout and lines up, where I've been waiting. Lights drop, I take off, he's noticably lagging behind. I'm doing okay, shifting well and all, when just before the end, he goes flying by, so that he finishes just shy of .1 seconds ahead of me and at 2 mph less than me. Watching his runs after that, he got over a half second slower on every single run. Turns out he was shootin' up just a little. But that's okay...he still did beat me. We'll try it again when I have the header, uppipe and crank pulley in and wastegate ported.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Neon ACR, wasted him, but the two black and white Crown Vics with big flashy things on the roof caught me

My friend riding with me knew one of the officers(so did I, but not as well). We chatted for a few and they let me go...with a warning. Could have been VERY humbling, but my luck held out.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I was driving along in my WRX (stock at the time) when a beat looking Integra came up behind me. I kept the speed low for a bit, until we got past a spot where CHP likes to run radar. As we start up this long hill, he swung out to pass me, so I thought I'd show him something. I floored it at about 60mph and he pulled up to my rear door before he backed off due to oncoming traffic, I let him pass me at the next dashed line, which he did with his middle finger telling me I was numero uno. I guess I deserved it for messing with him. Then he proceeded to leave me in the dust.

I also got beat at one of my first autocrosses by a stock Sentra rental car, my buddy who has been racing for a lot longer than I have was driving it in BSP (!!!) because his 350z was in the body shop and he wanted to try and salvage a few points.
    Orange cones fear me.

so I'm driving home, after a movie, with another friend, in my car. It was about 1:30 AM. I was heading I-77north and saw these HID's approaching pretty fast. I was doing about 65mph, in the middle lane. As the car came closer, I saw it had angle-eyes, so I knew it was a BMW. But the eyes were far apart, so I'm thinking it might be a 7-series. After it passed me, the trunk confirmed it was the new 7-series, and it was also the 760 Li. I was like ****ing ****! I decided to speed up to see if he wanted to run...for ****s and giggles. I knew I didn't have a chance of winning against a 6 liter v12. I just wanted to run to see how I would hold up. I got up next to the guy, I'm on the fast lane, and he's next to me. Now we're both doing about 75-80mph. I looked over and couldn't see who was driving...this car was had like limo tint on it. I stayed next to him for about 20 seconds or so. He didn't want to run, so I proceeded to drive off, and make my way over to the right lane for a merge onto I-90West. I was still in the fast lane, and wanted to pass a car next to me. The 760 saw the car in his lane, and proceeded to move to the right lane. He is now about 3 car length behind me, 2 lanes over. I looked in my mirror to see if it's cleared to do my lane change. All of a sudden, I see the 760 approaching fast and passing me...he was maybe doing about 90mph. So I proceeded to catch up to see if he wanted to really run. So now I'm next to him, doing about 85-90mph, looking over to see if he wanted to go...nothing. So I speeded up to about 95-100mph and went to the right lane. He's still in the middle lane, and I'm on his right, about 2 cars ahead of the 760. I was waiting to see if he would be taking I-90West exit, but he continued on, taking I-77North. I contemplated on following him, but it was too late to change lane.

So I was confused. It seems like the 760 did a "fly by". Maybe he thought that I was racing him when I proceeded to pass him, when he just sat there, initially. Or maybe he just wanted to give me a head start? All I have to say is that street racing, with strangers on the roads, are just weird...you don't know what the other person is thinking.

on the way to the movie, we also saw an S55 AMG...that is one bad ass car!.

Fourstar,

Hmm... not too many of those around. The only one i know of is my buddies dad. His is Black... VERY good chance it was him.

How long ago was this?!

BTW where exactly do you live?
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    Fourstar,

Hmm... not too many of those around. The only one i know of is my buddies dad. His is Black... VERY good chance it was him.

How long ago was this?!

BTW where exactly do you live?
    It was black. This was about the beginning of the year, January I think.

I leave in Lakewood OH.

I'm starting to see you post over at www.lersoc.com

Yea most probably my buddy's dad... I'll have to ask him about that! haha. They live right off 77 near Ghent rd. Slick car indeed!

Yea im over at lersoc too. I tend to troll around on lersoc, but im tossin up my .02 here and there.

Im sure I'll see you around this summer.

PS- sorry to pirate this thread... preceed with the gettin pwn3d stories.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.