What was your most humbling race? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What was your most humbling race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; CL55 AMG -- highway runs He followed me through traffic for a while, and knew I wanted to play with ...

CL55 AMG -- highway runs

He followed me through traffic for a while, and knew I wanted to play with him. We broke a spot where the was absolutely nothing infront of us, so he pulled next to me and waited for me to downshift. Threw it into 3rd @ 65 and took off.

I thought I pulled on him, until I heard him step on the gas. WOW that was loud. Pulled about 7 cars on me like it was nothing. I could keep even with him in the curves on the highway, but as soon as it was a straightaway....bye bye. We hit about 3 straights and 3 corners. I eventually let off when he was about 20 cars ahead of me. No way I was ever going to catch him.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For me it wasnt a loss I actually won but it goes like this. I was getting out of school and I see a friend of mine in like a 93ish 240sx hatch. It has a muffler on it but thats all I know of atleast. I see him and we turn on to the service road. Now Ive had my car for about 2 weeks when it happened and I knew from reading that the WRX isnt fast from a role. I realized this soon enough. I kept it in 2nd at 3k and I see him coming I hit it when hes next to me and I pull a fender on him but stay there. I dont race much and now I dont even think about doing it from a roll.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

my brother's modified 2000 camaro ss...spank my stage 2 + uppipe wrx

we are now waiting until the weather is better so we can run again (one day stock for base numbers, then we will go again with the TXS stealthback w/ high flow cat bolted on)

the other time I was spanked in the stage 2 +uppipe wrx was by this earlly nineties ford mustang GT convertable. Two really really fat men were dirving it and it looked like a crap-box on wheels. However, when we both downshifted and went at the same time

HOLY SH!T I wish i could find out what it had on it

whatever it was, it shut me up that day
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

Previous model Eclipse. He appeared really drunk on a late saturday night. My wrx was still stock. He also has a huge guage on the stearing column. First light, I had my a$$ handed to me. I asked him if he was a turbo-ed. He said, "what else ?"
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

gutted b20 turbo hatch of my friend, its fast
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.

Originally posted by flyingace
    Previous model Eclipse. He appeared really drunk on a late saturday night. My wrx was still stock. He also has a huge guage on the stearing column. First light, I had my a$$ handed to me. I asked him if he was a turbo-ed. He said, "what else ?"
    you raced a guy you thought was drunk

not smart

Mine is a touch different. I still won the race by just a touch. But I threw the chicken bones out of it at 1000 feet. Caught fire, destroyed the block, heads, bent most the valves, trashed the oil pan, caught a piece of the rod and wedged under the cam lobe and broke the cam, lifters, rocker arms, pushrods, and trashed the crank, and just about everything else. That was humbling to me and the pocketbook. And humbling that a Grand Am almost passed me at the finish line.

Aw, my story brings me back to the days of being a newb I was in hs with my "muscle car" V-6 automatic firebird and me and 3 buddies decided to hit up the street races. So we're all chillin, lookin at cars. Supras, a viper, few RX7s, lots of rice. Anyway so everyone starts rollin out and I see this blue 4th gen camaro with ground effects. No badges. So I'm like "hey another V-6er lets see if he wants to run" As we roll out me and him are side by side. I roll down my window and compliment his car, he does the same to me. Now, keep in mind this is a RS (V6) looking camaro, I couldn't see any exhaust, it had no badging and had the stock rims and ground effects. I floor it, the trusty A4 drops to 2nd and the mighty 3800 comes to life. I MAY have put 1/2 a car on this guy before he FLEW by me. I mean it was ridiculous. HE probably put 3 cars on me in 5 sec, easily, no joke. My friends and I just stared in awe, we had no clue what that 'V-6' had done to it, but whatever it was we wanted in. It was later that night on CamaroZ28.com that I found out they make Z28s with ground effects too
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

J-H
    A couple good ones:

- S4 (sounded like a freaking airplane !)
    - E55 AMG
    - SL55 AMG (most recent) - definately the worst one....
    - E46 M3 (from a roll, pretty stupid, I knew it...)
    - A boatload of sportbikes

JH

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by Simp
    Aw, my story brings me back to the days of being a newb I was in hs with my "muscle car" V-6 automatic firebird and me and 3 buddies decided to hit up the street races. So we're all chillin, lookin at cars. Supras, a viper, few RX7s, lots of rice. Anyway so everyone starts rollin out and I see this blue 4th gen camaro with ground effects. No badges. So I'm like "hey another V-6er lets see if he wants to run" As we roll out me and him are side by side. I roll down my window and compliment his car, he does the same to me. Now, keep in mind this is a RS (V6) looking camaro, I couldn't see any exhaust, it had no badging and had the stock rims and ground effects. I floor it, the trusty A4 drops to 2nd and the mighty 3800 comes to life. I MAY have put 1/2 a car on this guy before he FLEW by me. I mean it was ridiculous. HE probably put 3 cars on me in 5 sec, easily, no joke. My friends and I just stared in awe, we had no clue what that 'V-6' had done to it, but whatever it was we wanted in. It was later that night on CamaroZ28.com that I found out they make Z28s with ground effects too
    my z28 is debadged

Its the best way to get races, and surprise the hell out of others!
    2003 SRT-4

Worst loss definately = Late model Lambo Diablo.

I was in the Beemer... came to him at a nice open light. I knew I had no chance, but i really wanted to see that beast run. I kinda kept up for about the first 3 seconds, then bye-bye-guy. after about 1/8 mile he had 3+ cars on me so i gave up.

I dont consider it a loss in my book, i did it so i could hear that monster roar.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

I was in my WRX (Basic bolt-on's, 221 whp) and i had a race i wasn't expecting to win AT ALL. Just wanting to get home around 1 in the afternoon. A lovely new Porsche 911 Turbo decided to play with me I held my ground in 3rd for a few seconds.....then BYE BYE! The Turbo just pulled away and left me smiling and saying dammnnnnnnn.

911 Turbo
    3.6 Liters
    6 cylinder
    AWD
    415 HP
    415 TQ

left me going
    Best 1/8th = 8.71@79
    Best 60' = 1.88
    Dyno: 221 whp / 195 tq

GOAL: 300 whp @ 91 pump

My most humblling loss was pretty embarasing to be honest. It was against an older (50's) lady in her Nissan Altima V6. We went at it from a 60mph roll, and she put a car on me. I am sure she was rocking a stick, becuase I doubt an auto would have pulled on me like that... To say the least, I was embarased, angry, and wondering why the wrx was so slow for a car that could hit 60mph in less than 6.0 seconds.I told myself that I would NEVER get owned like that again. Since then, I have been in the pursuit of all out power. Now I own E46M3's and C32AMG's from roll on races on the highway...

I'd call that progress.... wouldn't you?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I haven't had any with my WRX yet, I am due for one. However, with my Supra turbo, I felt invincible on the highway, so late one night, I came up upon a beat up looking 68-69 camaro and egged him for a race from around 50ish. Sure enough he obliged. Well long story short, he pulled on me and probably redlined in his top gear before he stopped gaining. By that time, a ricer flyby would be the only thing I could think of from about 10 car lengths behind, but that would not prove anything. The worst thing about it was that I picked the fight and lost. There is always someone faster, smarter and with more money.

Scene: Local cruising spot...tons of 16-20 year olds in their nice cars cruising around. Im at a light and next to a stock LS1. This is before I have ANYTHING done to my car. I know hace turboback, uppipe, and MBC at 16PSI in 4th.

But Im stupid enough not to launch cuz Im afraid of cops. But when we role off the line, I just couldn't resist the urge to punch it. Now that I look back on it I think he was happy that I didn't launch But anyways we were even through first but then we hit second and he WALKS me.

This was before I knew how to shift correctly, and new what cars I could take or not. I was pissed for about 3 days, and I still want to go with an LS1 from lower gears to see how much closer my mods will get me.
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.