Lost to a Cool EVO
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lost to a Cool EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last Friday, I was heading off to Regal Delk 10 theaters, Marietta. I had 5 people in the car, including ...

Thumbs up Lost to a Cool EVO

Last Friday, I was heading off to Regal Delk 10 theaters, Marietta. I had 5 people in the car, including myself. I was waiting on a red light heading north on US41, and I heard this yellow EVO revving on my right. He was about 2 cars back on the right lane. My wife looked back and told me that he was signalling to me.

So off the red light, I slowed down, doing about 30 in 2nd, waiting for it all to start. I wait till he lines up to my right and go off. The first one was too hard to call, I just did 2nd and 3rd gear, and we hit the next set of cars.

I gave him the thumbs up, and notice he had his girl friend by his side. The traffic opened up and he had 1/2 car on me this time. He wanted to cut me off, but he didnt have enough space. We slowed down and I turned onto Delk road( read deserted! )

I was all excited and we do a second gear launch again and were pretty even. We came to red light and he signals me to lower the window asked me if I wanted to race on I-75. I told him, I had to catch the movie. He points to the 3rd car on the intersection on the otherside, says watchout, and it was a cops car !

I just had time to ask him one last question., his wheel HP. He said, "hp is 320". I shout back, "crank or wheel ?". He said , "modded evo with 320 at the wheel".

We give the thumbs up and depart.

Now I'm wondering, with 5 people in the car, on a stage 2 wagon, that was pretty darn impressive... It might not be quite the same without all the load

All this time, my eclipse driving friend in the back seat proclaims that evo is gods gift to man !!!
    Last edited by flyingace; 03-09-2004 at 01:22 PM.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats reall tight at least he was cool awd respects awd ... when i step to anther german car owner and i beat them or other they are ussaly pricks about it.... i don't like DTM owners i need a jap import F these german beaters serioulsy i am just saving for a wrx wagon right now
    if its not fast it better be a show car

sounds fun, i dont think he had 320whp tho, good race
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Not doubting you but doubting him. Do the math 320 whp in a car that weighs 3250 lbs w/one passenger unless the girl weightd 300 lbs vs your wagon at 3165lbs w/stage 2 from cobb your no more then 250-270whp and 4 passengers at 150lb a clip it doesnt make sense...I think he was 320whp in his own mind...Good race though.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    very often guys will throw on some mods and brag about their wheel hp without having a real dynoslip to prove it...

and in these cases, a dyno would deflate their egos greatly
    2003 SRT-4

Yeah, 320 @ the wheel is a bit optimistic for said EVO, if he was trying to outrun you, he woulda walked ya pretty hard. WRX's need a big turbo to get into the 300+whp range. I've got a VF30, and it blows LOTS more air than the stocker, and my @ wheel numbers are 30-40 hp shy of 300 hp. Toss in the passengers you were hauling around....he woulda bolted if he had 320 @ the wheel.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

yeah thats ridic. why do pepole say all that, when its so obvious there full of isht. i run 240 to the wheels right now an absolutley pull on this guys evo with an intake, lineage, and no cats, but he still says he smokes z06's on the freeway. but id say you are closer to 190whp. wich will run with an evo until 4th gear when your turbo dies out.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by POLAR
    yeah thats ridic. why do pepole say all that, when its so obvious there full of isht. i run 240 to the wheels right now an absolutley pull on this guys evo with an intake, lineage, and no cats, but he still says he smokes z06's on the freeway. but id say you are closer to 190whp. wich will run with an evo until 4th gear when your turbo dies out.

hahah z06s are one of like 3 cars I would never claim to smoke...

them and vipers and turbo porsches...if you have actually seen any of those 3 run from a roll, even when stock, you'll know true acceleration!!
    2003 SRT-4

I test drove a viper, I wasn't that impressed with it. I've also ridden in 11 sec 240 sx, 10 syclone, 11sec rx7, etc....

My wrx is too slow....
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Yeah, I mean geeze, only 122-123 mph traps off the showroom.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

if he is making 320...he spent some $$$.. but ima tell you now.. i doubt it and if he did.... and you stayed with him.. his next mod should be driver upgrade.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    hahah z06s are one of like 3 cars I would never claim to smoke...

them and vipers and turbo porsches...if you have actually seen any of those 3 run from a roll, even when stock, you'll know true acceleration!!
    What about '03 Cobra's? Just curious as to how well you do with those (if you've run any).
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

the only way that fairly stock evo is smokin a z06 from a roll, is if it's raining out, and the Z06 kicks sideways into a tree, and starts on fire.

120+traps is just too much power
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

he was toying with you or getting detionataion
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by smokey
    What about '03 Cobra's? Just curious as to how well you do with those (if you've run any).
    the 03's come with 390hp i believe, an even a stage4 wrx is only runnin upward 380hp at crank. it would be close at best. I imagine the v8 makes more torque an definately has the gearing and topend to take the any wrx using any sti turbo or anything smaller. assuming its the stock ej20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.