Lost to a Cool EVO - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Lost to a Cool EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ford says 390 to the crank, but people have been getting 390 wheel hp on a dyno....

Ford says 390 to the crank, but people have been getting 390 wheel hp on a dyno.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah, for some reason i believe it, but when considering the ZO6 makes 405 to the crank, a cobra with 390 at the wheels should be able to pull decently hard on one, which i doubt but have never seen. ive seen runs with a cobra an m3 on freeway, an with 333 at the crank, the m3 stayed no more than a car an a half behind. but factors factors

take into account the cobra is extremely heavy. A cobra should be able to run mid-high 12's. M3 should be in the 13's. That's strange because an m3 has no top end.
    Mods

Originally posted by POLAR
    the 03's come with 390hp i believe, an even a stage4 wrx is only runnin upward 380hp at crank. it would be close at best. I imagine the v8 makes more torque an definately has the gearing and topend to take the any wrx using any sti turbo or anything smaller. assuming its the stock ej20.
    Yea, I'm fully aware of what the Cobra dyno's/runs. StoplightWarrior, who I was addressing, said he only was scared to run 3 cars in his LS1 - turbo Porshce's, Z06's and vipers. I was simply asking him how he'd fare against a Cobra.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

how about ferraris, lambos, pagani's etc..
    Mods

cobras 03 an up will bust no more than a low 13. atleast thats what all the mags say, an i havent seen a stock one prove otherwise, but rarely do people outrun the magazines times. my m3 will hop up to 150-160 no prob, geared for the autobahn, almost all german cars have massive top end. the problem is the first two gears.

cobras have pretty good top-end too, I've seen mid 12's on a stock cobra.
    Mods

well then someone is BSing you, maybe not, but id bet they had slicks, some remap or pulleys or intake, or no cats. i get people tell me alot theyre stock with all that

mm & ff also got a mid 12 in one issue.
    Mods

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    very often guys will throw on some mods and brag about their wheel hp without having a real dynoslip to prove it...

and in these cases, a dyno would deflate their egos greatly
    Or they dyno at 320 HP on race fuel and 24 lbs of boost and still quote that number to people when they are currently running on pump gas and 19 lbs of boost and giving up 50 HP due to these factors...

Right now, I have my pump gas dyno sheet of 332 HP on a dynapack AWD dyno on 20 psi. But the gas station F'ed up and currently I have a tank full of piss water (87 octane) and am running a whopping 13 psi of boost (lowest I can set it). Till this tank is empty I will NOT be getting into any races! ****, I probably am only running around 250 wheel HP at the moment

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.