2002 WRX vs 2001 M5 vs 2003 M3 vs 2003 EVO (vids inside) - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX vs 2001 M5 vs 2003 M3 vs 2003 EVO (vids inside) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im not sure if he ever took it to the track...it made 85x on c16 and 30 psi i think...another ...

im not sure if he ever took it to the track...it made 85x on c16 and 30 psi i think...another ride i took was in a t51R supra (500 whp), spun the tires at 80 mph
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kills. I ran an m5 once and I had it to 120 mph before we shut down. The cars are soo heavey its our advantage. I love them though I surprised the EVO didnt put up more of a fight. Im not looking forward to running into those this summer...Especially modded ones..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

fre
    holy.. I have the EXACT same setup. What kind of boost you running? I went conservative with an ECUTek tune and only did 16 psi. I ran into some sort of new mercedes but he wasn't game, he was just cruising steady at 95, but he did slow down when I slowed down to like 70 and he finally went around and I just got on it to see what would happen and I was catching him until he got up to his cruising pace (95). He leveled off so I just backed off and got some gas. I didn't want to harrass the poor guy. Oh I got to cruise by an sti for 40 miles or so on I17, but he wasn't game either, so we just made people do a double take as one rex passed and then the little brother came up right behind. Of course gave him the thumbs up as I passed him and waved as I got off.
    Last edited by fre; 03-09-2004 at 09:35 PM.

Originally posted by fre
    holy.. I have the EXACT same setup. What kind of boost you running? I went conservative with an ECUTek tune and only did 16 psi.
    I'm running 18lbs of boost. The car pulls very strong, and the lag is the same as when it was stock if not less.

fre
    Originally posted by AWD Turbo 4
    I'm running 18lbs of boost. The car pulls very strong, and the lag is the same as when it was stock if not less.
    Have you had your car on a dyno? If so what kind of dyno and how much power? Makes me wanna go retune it with 17 psi I'm only getting 252hp/221tq to the wheels on a dyno dynamics, which I think is pretty average, so I wonder what another psi will get me hrmmm. On a dynojet I think I would get like 270-275 hp and 240-245 tq. I wanna shoot for 260ish torque and 290 hp (dynojet) or 240ish torque and 270ish hp on the dyno dynamics

I Support ClubWRX
    fre, did you dyno that in Flagstaff?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by fre
    Have you had your car on a dyno? If so what kind of dyno and how much power?
    My car dynoed at 270WHP and 260WTQ on 91 octane on a dynojet.

great videos!!

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

AWD TURBO 4,

what exhaust and up, dp do you have. I really like how your car sounds. thanks.

Originally posted by fre
    I wanna shoot for 260ish torque and 290 hp (dynojet) or 240ish torque and 270ish hp on the dyno dynamics
    Those Dynodynaamics numbers you have quoted there will require the use of an 18G turbo or a PE 1820 turbo to be reached on pump gas. You won't get there with a VF30 turbo without race gas.

IIRC, 270whp on the dynodynamics = well over 300whp on the dynojet
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

fre
    Originally posted by Integra96
    fre, did you dyno that in Flagstaff?
    No dynos in flagstaff lol its a small town. I dynoed in Phoenix. And damn about that not being able to reach that goal Maybe I could get 260 whp and 230 ft-lb? I doubt it, but who knows. He did say running race gas will allow me to up the power without even retunning the car, but I don't have any race gas around here and I dunno about toulene
    Last edited by fre; 03-11-2004 at 01:36 PM.

Originally posted by ScstealthVR6
    AWD TURBO 4,

what exhaust and up, dp do you have. I really like how your car sounds. thanks.
    I have a 2.5" Strumong cat-back, 2.5" Bosal DP, and a STI uppipe. Thanks,

video doesn't work anymore....can someone else host it? btw I saw your car awhile ago when you posted a buncha pics and I love it...

Originally posted by BassMan097
    im not sure if he ever took it to the track...it made 85x on c16 and 30 psi i think...another ride i took was in a t51R supra (500 whp), spun the tires at 80 mph

lol. Well all I have to say is that you haven't lived till you've ridden in a rocket sled - those thing are often used to test the limits of the human body with regards to acceleration G forces
    '03 white rex

BDR
    links not workin!
    03 WRX Wht
    "Big Pimpin, Never Slippin"
    mods
    !PICS!
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=1#post1576677

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.