God this was great
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on God this was great within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I pull up to a redlight, and Im first in line in the right hand lane. Up ahead about 1/4 ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Exclamation God this was great

I pull up to a redlight, and Im first in line in the right hand lane. Up ahead about 1/4 mile is a freeway onramp. EVERYONE that is in the right lane on this 2 lane hiway gets on the freeway, as its the main artery into San Francisco...So Im sitting there alone at the busy intersection and I see in my rearview a BMW vert, newest model year, manuevering through traffic and gets to be right behind me...then he decides that he can just get in front of me, lmfao, so he pulls around and gets into the left hand lane and lines up with me. I look over at him and just grin from ear to ear. It's some older guy 50? and his wife. Top down, just enjoying being rich and cocky. He's creeping up more and more and more as we're waiting for green...I was getting really excited because I knew I wasnt going to let this guy get on the freeway. Light finally changes and I dont launch or anything...just take off kinda hard, and he does the same, chirping his tires. I stay about 65% on the throttle, just to remain at his side. His engine is screaming next to me, and I keep looking over at him and he's wearing this frantic look and his wife is yelling at him! I am planted right next to him, jumping on and off the gas, toying with him, and then he starts to slow to get in behind me...but I was going about 75 at this point, and I cant take the onramp at that unsafe speed, so I had to brake also Well, by the time I got down to a reasonable speed, the turn came and he missed it

Am I a **** or was this as funny as I thought it was?

(even if you say I am a jerk, i'll still think I'm funny )
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ha ha... Nice kill/annoy. I hate people that start inching forward before the light turns... I think its my pet peeve...

You are a jerk

but he was planning on being a jerk first so chop it up to bad kharma.

What were you driving at the time?
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

That was perfect! I think we all would have done the same!

We'd all have done the same, I think.

My favorite sport used to be trying to run "baseliners" into parked cars in the city. They run up the right side turning lane at a light and try to skunk you when the light goes green. I really hate that.

Note "used to be." I'm a kinder, gentler person now.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

WRX
    you should've either let him go, or blown his doors off.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

In those situations, if it looks like the person won't get in my way if I let them go first, I'll let them go. I've also had people actually ask if they can go first. Because they know my car's fast and they don't want to get into an unsanctioned contest of speed with me or something.

But if it's some beater with a driver who just wants to be first and slow me down, he can get in behind me.
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

I had something similar happen the other day. This ricer in a rusted out 80's civic with huge aluminum wing cut me off really bad to get in front of me at the light. He ended up being a couple cars in front of me. Once the light turned i gunned it so i could get next to him. i was in the right most lane to take my exit and he was two lanes over. He moves over one lane so i figure he was trying to come into mine. He turned on his right turn signal (the first time I ever saw him use one) and I can hear his car giving all it had and i just paced him until i took my exit. He ended up having to take the wrong exit and put him the completely wrong way that he wanted to be. I could see he was pissed but he shouldn't have cut me off earlier.

one of my biggest peeve while driving, are these pricks who thinks they are special like that moron you just described

way to shut him out

now had he asked, that woulda been different
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

These people are more important than all of us. Don't you realize that?
    They are the ones that don't need to wait in the line for the proper exit. They can find a spot right up next to the exit and cram their 15 foot car in a 16 foot spot. We need to learn that they are far more important and begin yielding to their every move.
    When are you guys gonna learn?

Re: God this was great

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    I am planted right next to him, jumping on and off the gas, toying with him, and then he starts to slow to get in behind me...but I was going about 75 at this point, and I cant take the onramp at that unsafe speed, so I had to brake also Well, by the time I got down to a reasonable speed, the turn came and he missed it

Am I a **** or was this as funny as I thought it was?

(even if you say I am a jerk, i'll still think I'm funny )
    He was being a jerk. You were a ****. Either beat the person or get out of the way.
    2002 WRX WRB

I've learned...I just pretend to be one of those people.

(Kidding, by the way.) I hate people who keep looking over at me and edging forward on a red light, thinking they're gonna blast by me. I've let people in front of me when they asked but I don't appreciate people who are going to cut me off in order to take a sudden turn, which is dangerous. Thus far, not a single car has gotten by in such a fashion without me allowing them to.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

that's awsome, lmao! i'm so glad you just didn't floor it. annoying someone so much more fun those rich ppl in their bmw's and benz's think that status and money give them the right of way.

i say good job!

M
    6spd Bugeye

I once got puled over for doing EXACTLY what you did. The cop asked me why I did that and I said the guy in the right hand lane was being a jerk: he agreed and let me go!

You certainly get a big thumbs-up from me and at least one cop I've met.

Im sorry but that was definetly a champ move! Sometimes idiots just get so annoying and it makes you feel better to annoy them. While i was driving home a few days ago, i was on this residential road and this guy with his gf were driving in the opposite direction and right as he was about to pass me he swerved in my lane to scare me. At first i was like wtf whatever but then about 10 seconds of thinking i pulled the ebrake and got up on his ass and he was freakin out. His gf was lookn back crazy and i could see his eyes in the mirror. Now i didn't do anything dangerous really i just pissed him off cause at that time i was pissed but it made me feel a whole lot better to see him get scared in front of his gf. When somone rides on my ass depending on what mood im in usually i slow down just to pisst them off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast