smoked by a talon TSi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on smoked by a talon TSi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok most of you probably looked at this figuring it was a wrx or sti got smoked, but it was ...

smoked by a talon TSi

Ok most of you probably looked at this figuring it was a wrx or sti got smoked, but it was my 03 dodge ram hemi...big surprise huh lol. I'm just a wannabe STi owner....soon though

Anyway I was pulling out of the local wallyword and a ugly-as-sin early 90's purple talon tsi or eclipse (debadged) goes by and I hear a loud BOV sound, I pull out behind him and notice he has a licence plate that says 'V8GRVDGR' ...v8 grave digger I guess...
    So at this point I decided I had to at least see what he could do ...when we got the green and turned left I pulled onto his ass pretty close and he layed on it a little and took off for about 100 yrds, leaving me a little bit. His fumes reaked like aviation fuel or something....
    I was still behind him at the next red and it was clear running. He took off quick and pulled at least 10 car lengths on me to 85 lol...yah I got smoked but I didnt expect much more, my truck only runs low 15's.
    I wanted to stop and talk to the guy and find out about his car but he kept going and I had to turn off, I wanted to tell him he had the ugliest fast car i'd ever seen but i'm not sure how that would've gone over...
    As AWD turbo car enthusiasts I thought some of you might know what these cars potential performance is......I dont really know anything about what I got smoked by. I know its probably hard to say but do you guys think a stock STi would run with (or beat) one of these modded Talon Tsi's....I think when I have my Subi over the summer I might just go hunting for this guy.......
    Thanks all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

awd talons and eclipse are one of the biggest threats on the streets these days... they take good to mods, they are cheap and can be deadly fast nothing to knock of 12's with less that 2k spent.

i had a awd talon and boy do i miss it sometimes.... don't get me wrong the EVO holds it down but the talon was just a monster. i was running 18 lbs low 24 high. man i miss that. noting like the look on the other guys face when you burn them out the hole.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

turbo talon is fast

That is exactly what I did, I used to have a TSI AWD with a 50 trim, boy did that thing piss off so many cars, it looked liek a stock 2G, with all season tires and stock 16 inch wheels, it was fast.

Evo now....
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Ike
    Fully modded they are probably faster than we will see any STi at least for a couple years. We're talking 8s with a manual and I think some of them with built autos have dipped into the 7s, we're talking the cream of the crop here, but you get the point. FYI, considering you drive a pickup and may be driving an STI, I would watch what you go around calling ugly.

Ugly is a matter of opinion but I'll bet the bank alot of people think my brand new pickup looks a hell of a lot better than a 50$ purple paint job and some cheesy black rims......

FYI heh

Oh BTW I dont think these cars are ugly in general, actually I like them alot..this was just a particularly ugly specimen....

Ike
    Got yah, I thought you were reffering to the stock paint that was kind of a purplish burgundy like color.

Re: smoked by a talon TSi

Originally posted by WannaSTi04

His fumes reaked like aviation fuel or something....
    I

most likely b-20 race fuel
    if its not fast it better be a show car

or no cat on it.....
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes DSM's are very unexpecting to those that don't know any better. But even LS1's need to be on the lookout for DSM's. You can make them VERY FAST for cheap.

Example: My brother and I went to the drag races. We were chillin in the car, and a 2nd gen Eclipse pulled in. It was black with flames coming from the font back. It had a huge FMIC. My brother, being the car newb he is, started talking all kinds of ricer crap about the Eclipse. I told him to watch his mouth, and told him they are capable of very fast times. And most of the time, DSM's with FMIC's mean business. Well that black Eclipse pulled up the line. All kinds of people were talking a lot of mess about the paint job. All of a sudden, it launches HARD, and runs a 12.4 at Infineon. That is an AWESOME time for that track. And all of a sudden, it got real quiet because they all got shut the h3ll up.

Re: Re: smoked by a talon TSi

Originally posted by j-style
    most likely b-20 race fuel
    most likley a S#!t load of Air+fuel coming from the rear

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Yes DSM's are very unexpecting to those that don't know any better. But even LS1's need to be on the lookout for DSM's. You can make them VERY FAST for cheap.
    i can definatly agree w/ that

Originally posted by Ike
    Fully modded they are probably faster than we will see any STi at least for a couple years. We're talking 8s with a manual and I think some of them with built autos have dipped into the 7s, we're talking the cream of the crop here, but you get the point. FYI, considering you drive a pickup and may be driving an STI, I would watch what you go around calling ugly.
    Yup, a few in the 8's still running AWD and manual tranny, the people running 7's are RWD conversion running power glide auto tranny setup.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.