Funny (and sad) vs. story

This is a discussion on Funny (and sad) vs. story within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been reading some of the vs. stories and figured I'd post one that happened awile back. On a warm ...

Funny (and sad) vs. story

I've been reading some of the vs. stories and figured I'd post one that happened awile back.

On a warm day last fall, when I had my TXS stage 2.5 WRX, I was cruising on a three lane highway in the middle lane. I am doing about five over the speed limit, so I am getting passed on the left, but there was very little traffic out. On my left pulls up a circa ~92 mustang convertable (boxy with the 5.0 badging on it.

In the driver and passanger seats are these two really really fat men. I swear, they must have had about 550+ lbs between the two of them. They get along side me, stare/smile at me, and begin pulling and dropping 1/2 car length.

Me with the "better than thou" attitude asseses the situation as "weighted down old crappy mustang driven by a guy who's thighs barely fit under the steering column." Boy was I wrong.

So I downshift and punch it and pull 1.5 cars on him. I can then hear him get on it and he reeled me in like a little minnow. I was shocked-I almost shat myself.

We do this one or two times (I had to be 100%sure) and each time they are looking at me and giggling. So by the end of the runs, I figured it was built or blown or something or other. I don't remember hearing any spooling, but then again, I was focused on what I was doing and my shifting.

We get to the stoplight and I nod my head, tell them it's a sweet ride, sounds good, etc etc...(gave him his victory), and drove on.

Wow, I was impressed. I wish I could meet him again and give it another go with the STi.

Jason
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

atleast you kept your composure.

5.0 = lots of potential.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just think how fast it would have been without those two fat asses in it.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

It wasnt a green one, was it? Were you any where in Dupage County? LOL, large overweight person driving a stang, sounds like my friend.
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold
    04 Black Forester XT - Nice

I can't remember the color, but it was early nineties, convertable and very fat man (not just fat).

Spanked me good (and they knew they would).

Jason
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

Originally posted by josnroh
    Just think how fast it would have been without those two fat asses in it.
    Needs some weight reduction...next mod: driver. I just HAPPEN to be very light...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    Needs some weight reduction...next mod: driver. I just HAPPEN to be very light...

RN

thoses are the best mods .... the light weight driver mod and the perfect driver mod
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by j-style
    thoses are the best mods .... the light weight driver mod and the perfect driver mod
    Let's hope they aren't mutually exclusive...need to combine them. So does that count as a third driver upgrade? Sounds expensive.

RN

last time i checked ... weight watchers wasn;t the cheapist mod for the buck
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by j-style
    last time i checked ... weight watchers wasn;t the cheapist mod for the buck
    Then outright replacement of the driver must be pretty expensive, given it involves a whole new person...

RN