My STi vs LT1 Firebird Formula
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My STi vs LT1 Firebird Formula within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I hadn't posted any kills lately so I thought I would put one in. To make a long story short, ...

My STi vs LT1 Firebird Formula

I hadn't posted any kills lately so I thought I would put one in.

To make a long story short, this LT1 Formula got right next to me as I was leaving the gas station. I didn' t think to much of it but I was ready just in case. I had it in 2nd gear just waiting. Sure enough he nailed it. He got about a 1 car jump on me and then I nailed it. It didn't take long before I was walking by him very hard. I pulled about 4-5 cars on him by 90mph or so and then let off.
    Then about an 1/8 mile down I see him coming up real fast in my rear veiw. So I quickly downshifted into 3rd gear (50 mph or so) and nailed it. He got to within about 2 cars of me because of his momentum but I quickly started to pull on him. I made sure he got the point this time and didn't let off until he was waaay back.

The car had at least some mods. It was running aftermarket wheels and exhaust. What else I don't know.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 03-08-2004 at 06:52 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeh the lt1's are easy kills....i took at 93 with i/e by about 5 cars with 7 psi untuned......

id love to run a ls1 when i get my car done
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Originally posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    yeh the lt1's are easy kills....i took at 93 with i/e by about 5 cars with 7 psi untuned......

Yes, most LT1's go down pretty easy. The main reason is because they are getting up there in miles ( over 100k) and not running their best.

But some are definately fast.

I had a 94 z28 A4, 3:23 gears, with basic bolt ons (headers, exhaust, intake, throttle body) it ran basically dead even with stock LS1's up to 110mph or so. After than they would start to walk away from me.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    some LT1s are still very strong, and will surprise you, but most are stockish and arent better than mid 13s...

I used to pick on them when I was NA in my last Stang...

Good kill, watch out for the l S 1s...
    2003 SRT-4

really?
    1997 z28 a4
    Cam, stall, long tubes etc...

Heads in two weeks

Originally posted by TenaciousZ
    really?
    I ran one when I had around 230-240whp in a 2800 pound car....figure it out for yourself

I ran one when I had around 230-240whp in a 2800 pound car....figure it out for yourself

Calm down, I wasn't calling bs on the lt1 kill just that lt1's are easy, there are ALOT that will suprise you.
    1997 z28 a4

Heads in two weeks

Good kill

Calm down, I wasn't calling bs on the lt1 kill just that lt1's are easy, there are ALOT that will suprise you.
    Theres civic hatches running around with 10k under the hood that suprise me daily.....name a modded car that wouldnt suprise someone?

Theres civic hatches running around with 10k under the hood that suprise me daily.....name a modded car that wouldnt suprise someone?

modded civics don't suprise me, I usually don't take any car for granted that instigates a race with me. considering lt1s are easy kills then a modded one that has been taken care of and driven properly will probably suprise you.
    1997 z28 a4

Heads in two weeks

modded civics don't suprise me, I usually don't take any car for granted that instigates a race with me. considering lt1s are easy kills then a modded one that has been taken care of and driven properly will probably suprise you.
    yeh they would suprise me - most of them ive seen are falling apart or just do run like they should.....cant really explain that phenomenon

yeh they would suprise me - most of them ive seen are falling apart or just do run like they should.....cant really explain that phenomenon

although you do have a turbo which I just noticed in your sig so I really can't see a stock lt1 beating you.
    1997 z28 a4

Heads in two weeks

Ok, but have you tried racing a new GTO with the LS1? Sure they are heavy but I think you would have your hands full with its 350HP and if it had a few mods like the one I saw in LA that was pushing damn near 500HP, I don't think you would have a prayer

aren't the new GT0's just about as quick as an lt1? trap speed wise? don't they trap 100-102? i'm pretty sure a turbo'd RSX-S is 104 plus mph
    1997 z28 a4

Heads in two weeks

Haha, I meant the LT1 engine, not LS1. The new GTO's have an LT1 engine, its the old base Vette engine 5.7L V8 350Hp, its just too bad the dam thing weighs close to 3800 pounds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.