should i get a WRX or get an STI??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on should i get a WRX or get an STI?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is the thing... i want a STI but they are not that cheap especialy eith the stuff i want ...

should i get a WRX or get an STI??

This is the thing... i want a STI but they are not that cheap especialy eith the stuff i want in it lol or should i just get the WRX and "hook it up" little by little?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How about you buy my car? It's a lot faster than a stock STi and costs 10k less!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

If you can afford it get the STi. You start off with a much better engine, transmission, and suspension set up. Plus you have a factory warranty to go with it.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Originally posted by aheineken
    If you can afford it get the STi. You start off with a much better engine, transmission, and suspension set up. Plus you have a factory warranty to go with it.
    I am 14 and my name is David.

Re: should i get a WRX or get an STI??

Originally posted by wrx89
    This is the thing... i want a STI but they are not that cheap especialy eith the stuff i want in it lol or should i just get the WRX and "hook it up" little by little?

buy an srt-4

im leaning more toward the STI because its alot faster and i realy like the seats the way they come with the blue and black... but isnt 6 gears alot!!! every 1 keeps telling me it will get very annoying changing it wut do u guyz think?? ??

im leaning more toward the STI because its alot faster and i realy like the seats the way they come with the blue and black... but isnt 6 gears alot!!! every 1 keeps telling me it will get very annoying changing it wut do u guyz think?? ??
    hmm my wrx gets annoying when theres only 4 gears cause 1st gear exploded

i would prefer the STI like they said its a stronger car to start with. just my $0.2
    gvr4 464/2000

Originally posted by TurboLobster
    hmm my wrx gets annoying when theres only 4 gears cause 1st gear exploded

Lol.

Yah.. shifting sucks, why get a sti tranny when you have to shift an extra time?

If you buy a wrx, you could possibly blow up two gears if you really try. That way you could get going in 3rd and only have to shift in 4th and 5th.
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

but isnt 6 gears alot!!! every 1 keeps telling me it will get very annoying changing it wut do u guyz think?? ??
    Don't be lazy man! I'd take the sti 6 speed any day over the wrx 5 speed.

If you plan on doing a lot to your wrx, buy the sti. If money is an issue and you be satisfied with a slightly modded wrx, buy wrx.
    Oh yeah and imo, 6spd can be a big pita. You better drive hard and fast to take advantage of the sti
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

I really like the STi's shifting. It shifts so smoothly, and you have so much availible power in any gear. If I could change it, I would prefer 1st and 2nd to be a bit longer, but it's still very fun to drive.

STi > WRX.

some of the pros and cons that I used in my reasoning.
    PROs:
    - larger displacement
    - stonger engine and internals
    - larger stock turbo
    - 6-speed tranny. Way stronger than the stock WRX 5-speed. The case are stronger and so are the gears.
    - stock Brembos
    - stock BBS rims
    - stock summer tires

CONs:
    - can be beat by a slightly mod EVO.

Who cares about the seats...just slap in some Sparco or Recaros and it'll be better than any stock seats.

I don't understand this at all. if you can afford a STi, then that's the obvious choice. most people don't have the option, or they would bought it. be it money or they bought their car before the STi was released.

just my thoughts on it.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

If shifting a 6 speed is considered too much hassle compared to a 5 speed, you probably shouldn't be considering a manual transmission vehicle in the first place. The shifting becomes second nature anyway, regardless of it being a 4,5, or 6 speed. I'll admit that I've went to put my WRX in fantasy 6th a few times on the highway if I've just gotten out of my TransAm, for example.

Besides, the torquier (sp?) motor of the STi would allow you to skip gears and upshift from 1st to 3rd during normal acceleration in traffic (and going from 4th straight to 6th), or only dropping down to 2nd/3rd for rolling starts and tight turns (versus dropping down to 1st or 2nd in a WRX).

Had the STi been out when I was shopping for my WRX, I wouldn't have hesitated to spend the extra amount on it.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast