should i get a WRX or get an STI?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on should i get a WRX or get an STI?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/540001 check it out its the tightest wrxez u will ever see ples funny pics on page 2.....

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/540001

check it out its the tightest wrxez u will ever see ples funny pics on page 2..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by wrx89
    im leaning more toward the STI because its alot faster and i realy like the seats the way they come with the blue and black... but isnt 6 gears alot!!! every 1 keeps telling me it will get very annoying changing it wut do u guyz think?? ??
    I'm guessing that nobody telling you this actually OWNS a 6 speed anything.... hell they probably have autos..

If you're worried about one extra gear, then you're shopping for the wrong car. If the STi is an option, get one

Or you could take the 6k you would save for buying a WRX and spend it on mods.. and make it faster then an STi

But I would still take an STi if I had the money.. but I hardly afford my wrx as it is. The thing just begs for mods =/
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

Originally posted by silverscooby
    How about you buy my car? It's a lot faster than a stock STi and costs 10k less!
    By the way, what car you moving to after you sell yours Jim
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

If you can afford the STI go for it

for the difference in price you couldn't upgrade the AWD system, tranny, brakes or suspension to the same place

then you get to the power differences

plus you get the great big goofy wing on the back

if you have the money to get the sti, do it. if you are strapped for cash and you already have the mod bug, then mabye go with the wrx and mod it up all you want.

bottom line; it will be rare when someone suggests the wrx over the sti when you can afford either.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Cameron
    By the way, what car you moving to after you sell yours Jim
    Not sure yet. Either a Supra or Sti.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

d00d! Shifting is the funnest! I have a 4 speed and it totally sucks cuz i love shifting and I cant shift enough! I love going through all the gear decelerating or accelerating!

Anyways on a more serious note, STi ownz j00 cuz of power with warranty, handling,wheels, the small things like: DCCD, and the cool little shift light/buzzer that tells you when to shift! And a wing that will get a 747 off the ground!!

alot of people say 6 speed is way 2 much but if u say so...

for certain people, yes. what they use the car for may or may not effect that.

for everyday use, it's up to the driver. I would rather have a 6speed then a 5speed. gearing wru.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

What I find so interesting here is that people say "if you can afford the STi buy it." That wasn't my case. I could afford an STi or basically any car for that matter, and I went with a stock WRX. In my opinion, the WRX and the STi are two totally different cars. The WRX rules in best all around vehicle. I needed a commuter car that was driveable in all four seasons without touching it out of the factory(i.e. snow tires). I prefer the WRXs quiet, smooth ride, over the STi's. Yes, I have driven the STi and I LOVE it!!! It offeres exceptional performance in every aspect, yet, on a daily driver basis I wouldn't like it, and even my Subaru Salesman agree. If you plan on modding a stock WRX, don't even bother, because the STi is a much more solid setup from the factory, bottom line! But, if you need a much more versitle car with what I would consider excellent performance (for what it is), the WRX is the way to go. I think that WRX, STi or even the Evolution, SRT-4 or RSX-S, you are making a great choice on a great car. It comes down to preferences, desires, personal taste. Good luck with the new car.
    -Marc
    Last edited by Mabf355; 03-16-2004 at 05:58 AM.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.