WRX v. GTI
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX v. GTI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, last night my friend let me drive his 04 WRX, and we see a GTI (current generation)next to us ...

WRX v. GTI

Ok, last night my friend let me drive his 04 WRX, and we see a GTI (current generation)next to us at a stop light. He keeps glancing over and moving up to the line. He definently had exhaust and A-pillar gauges which actually looked wicked nice. We weren't sure he was going to go for it because on the other side of the road, 2 cops were searching some kids' cars on the side of the road. So I basically let him go first, as the light turned green, we could hear the engine winding out in the GTI, so I let the clutch slip at around 3500 and took off. Here's the strange part, I blew by him like he was standing still at 35-40, and completely owned him by 3 car lengths. So I decided to slow down and see if he was still trying, and he was. So I just stayed neck and neck with him just inching ahead every so often, then I just pulled away. At 70 we were about 2 car lengths ahead and he was still trying. His tires would chirp everytime he shifted and we could hear his engine screaming. The thing is, I wasn't really trying but he was. At the next stop light he wouldn't look over despite us trying to talk to him. I thought it was very strange because first of all, I always thought GTI's were faster than that, and he couldn't have been a worse driver than me because I just learned stick last week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

na gtis are slow even modded my best time was a 11.9 on 25 psi on a 6 cylinder
    if its not fast it better be a show car

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by j-style
    na gtis are slow even modded my best time was a 11.9 on 25 psi on a 6 cylinder
    That better be a show car, then.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    That better be a show car, then.

yeah the fmic doesn't mean anything, its really just an fmINTAKE and the bov off is really just one of those elctronic ones

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by j-style
    yeah the fmic doesn't mean anything, its really just an fmINTAKE and the bov off is really just one of those elctronic ones
    teH hawtnesz!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

yeah its MEGA SICCCCC
    Its needs more NAWWWWZZZZZ though i need like a 600 shot

yeah GTIs aren't that fast, i think they're stock 1/4mile time is about 15.7 or so.

i guess u guys haven't seen the street racing chronicles .... they just amke fun of nos and ricers

Originally posted by Mr_Ginzo
    yeah GTIs aren't that fast, i think they're stock 1/4mile time is about 15.7 or so.
    your right GTI's aren't that fast off the line. take one on the highway and you'll see who's faster. It's not alway's about the sprint, it's about the marathon. I Raced my friend in his WRX last night and once we hit 100 I was pulling on him with ease. He has a full TB and CAI. I'm chipped and and intake so go figure a gti w/ my mod's are a little quicker than me.

Originally posted by chiroc10
    your right GTI's aren't that fast off the line. take one on the highway and you'll see who's faster. It's not alway's about the sprint, it's about the marathon. I Raced my friend in his WRX last night and once we hit 100 I was pulling on him with ease. He has a full TB and CAI. I'm chipped and and intake so go figure a gti w/ my mod's are a little quicker than me.
    i F with ls-6's on the high way and pul away from embut i have a vr--6 turbo

str
    GTI's are underated. I raced a 1.8 turbo when I had my Rex Wagon, with an mbc and when we raced from a roll I pulled on it only slightly. When we went from a stop up to about 70 I had a few cars on it. Still pretty quick nontheless.
    2004 Black Forester XT

GTI with a good driver bone stock can run 14.5(its been done). I ran a 15.0449 @ lacr in palmdale bone stock. With Chip, Turboback you can get 220whp(record is 248whp) and can run low to mid 13's.
    WWW.TUNER-STOP.COMCONTACT US FOR ANY PART!!

HID KITS - $225 SHIPPED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster
    GTI with a good driver bone stock can run 14.5(its been done). I ran a 15.0449 @ lacr in palmdale bone stock. With Chip, Turboback you can get 220whp(record is 248whp) and can run low to mid 13's.
    dude shut up, we already proved your god damn lies, why the fawk do you have to sign up on this forum with ur bullsh!t now, alteast keep this immature sh!t on tunergarage so we can just laugh at it, seriously ur so fawkn annoying. U wish u ran a 15.0 stock at lacr with ur gti, you even admitted ur damn lies after we said it made no sense.

for the rest of you guys, i know this guy in person. His full of Sh!t and he lies way too much about EVERYTHING. We call him on his BS on a local forum we know. LACR isnt a great track, bone stock wrx best i've seen is my brothers which was a 14.5. Best i've seen from bone stock sti was a 13.4 (was my own with 1.7 60ft time and 99mph trap). Fawkn cobras do around my sti time at best. Its at 3000 elevation, horrible track conditions and last part of the 1/4 mile is uphill. This guy claimed he did 15.0 stock till we kept pushing him and he finally admitted his lies. go back to vortex and go sell sh!t that you never ship bro. koonar.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Your just a hater.So shut the **** up. I can join whatever forum i would like to.
    WWW.TUNER-STOP.COMCONTACT US FOR ANY PART!!

HID KITS - $225 SHIPPED!!

hater?? you want me to link them to the damn threads on tunergarage where your full of sh!t and everyone knows it? how about that vw r32 that you pretended to buy? papers magically got lost?? yeah right. 15.0 lmao, produce a fawkn slip of you doing 15.0 even with mods and i'll shutup, until then dont pollute this forum with BS. You also supposedly already sold your gti remember??

wtf would i be hating on anyway?? wtf do you have that i could want to hate on?? u want what I have, thats why your on this forum. Dont be a little B!tch. You dont talk all ballsy on a forum where everyone already knows your stupid sh!t now do you?? cause you know they will all tell you 2 stfu and call bs on ur crap cause they know you already. go away now, these guys on this forum are way 2 nice 2 tell you 2 stfu but they dont know you and i do so stfu.
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 09-30-2005 at 02:14 AM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.