WRX v. GTI - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX v. GTI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrxaddicted riiiight, My car was modded. His WRX had a catback. It was about 70 degrees out, ...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted

riiiight, My car was modded. His WRX had a catback. It was about 70 degrees out, opposed to the 97 when I had it dynoed.

My car dynoed 181.9 whp and 234 ft/lbs of tq. With it being not almost 100 degrees and having the 3" turbo back instead of the catback (allowing it to spike at 21-22 psi instead of 19) it's probably putting down about 190-195 whp and 245-250 ft/lbs of tq.

Please explain to me in detail how a wrx with 185whp/185 ft/lbs tq -at the most- is faster than my car? Oh wait, you can't...all you can do is make up **** because you can't handle the fact that a jetta could be faster than a wrx...sorry to burst your bubble and all, but if you want to keep telling yourself a lie, it's all good. I promise I won't try and correct you too much.

oh, yeah...and it weighs less...about 300 pounds or so less....soooo....that would make it even that much more faster...
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wrx weighs 3085, jeta weighs 2785?

anyway despite that with a lightly modded jetta that has 180hp stock vs a wrx with just catback it is possible, i've seen it done with my own eyes. But i 've seen a fully bolten on jetta way in my rearview with my old stage 2 wrx. lets not take this thread off topic lets just confront the stupid liar speedster
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    wrx weighs 3085, jeta weighs 2785?

anyway despite that with a lightly modded jetta that has 180hp stock vs a wrx with just catback it is possible, i've seen it done with my own eyes. But i 've seen a fully bolten on jetta way in my rearview with my old stage 2 wrx. lets not take this thread off topic lets just confront the stupid liar speedster

my mistake, I thought they were about 3300. That's just a sport wagon with auto and a lot of groceries...
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    My friend in his wrx with a catback lost by about 4-5 cars from my 1.8t jetta. Some one else was driving my can and I was riding in the wrx at the time...
    I raced my buddy in his 1.8t wolfsburg and killed him repeatedly. I'd pull about 3-4 car lengths in a pretty short time, slow down to give him another go, and go ahead and do it again. It was a 5spd with a decent driver behind the wheel. Is your friends an automatic? if its a clutch, Is he missing his right arm? Or his left leg? I think the average dude with a 1.8t jetta would be hard-pressed to beat a WRX. Meet in the curves there ol' chap?

And that's real!

Edit: 180whp is a slightly different story I suppose... I wasn't paying attention, just trying to cut through all the bullsh!t in this post and get down to brass tacks! Ima try and race my buddies GTi VR6 sometime soon, and put this volkswagen business to an end. Hopefully my car will be stage 2 so I can make my victory that much more sweet.
    Last edited by E-Wrex; 10-04-2005 at 12:05 AM.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

newer 1.8t's have 180hp stock, i think his has 180hp stock. The wolfsburg you raced was a 2000 like my friends and those are slower also have a different turbo(150hp crank version). 180hp crank 1.8t with turboback intake and some sort of boost controller (diode with simple mbc or a reflash) wouldn't have a problem with a wrx with only catback. In fact a chipped 1.8t should be able to take a stock wrx or a wrx with catback BUT after wrx gets slight mods its a lot more difficult for 1.8t( mods that actually give good power). I've posted in another thread a chipped 1.8t with mbc downpipe intake vs my 03 bugeye wrx with only downpipe and mbc boosting 16psi (stock uppipe, yes i was stupid) and i took that gti pretty easily.
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 10-04-2005 at 12:03 AM.

I was editing that post, meeza retard.

Mods

haha yeah, i just saw the edit. Stage 2 is the best upgrade, have fun with that.

When did you get the STi? I thought you had a wagon o sumthin....

Mods

i've had 03 wrb sedan, i've had the sti for about 10 months now.

Just raced 1.8T Jetta with exhaust. I was 1-2 car behind and I put about 2-3 car on him (30-90) on highway.
    My wife was yelling at me, so I could not go on. Then typical ricer fly by.
    It must have been 150 hp.

Watch out for GT28RS or T3T04 turbo'd GTI.
    Last edited by rexmaster; 10-05-2005 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rexmaster
    Just raced 1.8T Jetta with exhaust. I was 1-2 car behind and I put about 2-3 car on him (30-90) on highway.
    My wife was yelling at me, so I could not go on. Then typical ricer fly by.
    It must have been 150 hp.

Watch out for GT28RS or T3T04 turbo'd GTI.

you mean krauter

people need to learn the true definition or rice...or atleast stop using it.

I had an '02 GTI 1.8T before my STi. My only mod was an APR chip and I was running mid-14s (held back by major tire spin). From a roll, the car felt almost as fast as my STi (although I'm sure that it's not). It's the VR's that are slow! I'm not sure what he said that was such B/S.
    Last edited by STI-51; 10-08-2005 at 11:55 AM.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Quote Originally Posted by chiroc10
    I Raced my friend in his WRX last night and once we hit 100 I was pulling on him with ease.
    Anything over 100 is testosterone filled stupidity. Hope you dont plug a minivan filled with kids.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41
    Anything over 100 is testosterone filled stupidity. Hope you dont plug a minivan filled with kids.

so the guys on the tradk should limit it to 99 mph?

was this on a tradk?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast