Raced a Ferrari F50

This is a discussion on Raced a Ferrari F50 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nah....J/k but on my way to work I drove behind it for 10 minutes. It had to have been the ...

Raced a Ferrari F50

Nah....J/k but on my way to work I drove behind it for 10 minutes. It had to have been the most impressive car I've ever seen in person. So low, tires so big, so wide...So envious. I couldnt even disrespect it by trying to race him. I just followed in suit like I should....man..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would a goaded the guy, just to make him run. What are the numbers on the F-50 anyway?

Edit: Did a quick Google search and came up with this, from fanatasycars.com....

"The 12-cylinder, 4.75-liter, rear-mounted engine slams out 520 horsepower, flashing the car from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 3.7 seconds and taking the carbon-fiber body to a top speed of 203 mph."
    Last edited by Salient; 03-07-2004 at 07:50 AM.

I would've tried to get him to go just so I could listen to the engine. I drove alongside a f40 a while ago...totally different car, different motor, different sound, equally as intoxicating.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

so you did race him.... cuz thats what it would of liked like anyway haha inless of coruse you drive soem sort of srt-10 viper
    if its not fast it better be a show car

I had a vid of a 2x turbo F-50 running the 1/4.

Absolutely AWESOME sound... not to mention the asphalt melted behind it while it was ripping down the track.

I cant find that vid anywhere. Has anyone heard of this car? I really want to see some stats on that monster! I cant even imagine what kind of numbers it was putting out.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Here is a killer vid of a Ferrari F-50, Testarossa, 328 and the film car is a Ferrari as well.

LINK
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

definately filmed in a newer model...

355... 360?
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

nice...
    back in my pre-wrx days when i had my sebring i found myself sitting next to a diablo at a stoplight. when the light went green i took off briskly and then stomped on it to try and keep up with him... he effortlessly put buslengths on me (obviously). but the beautiful thing is that we were going through a tunnel and i had a solid 10 seconds of aural bliss hearing his engine resonating off of the concrete walls.
    still pushing my car hard at 90+ mph i finally caught up with him as he slowed way down to take an exit a few miles up the road. i was staring as i drove by, and he saw me and gave me a nod. i was amazed that a guy in a diablo was cool enough to give the nod to a guy in a sebring... that was a nice experience.
    exotics rock.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I found the Vid of the F-50 2x turbo. It's a hott mess.

http://www.fastdrive.org/download.php?view.90

you hafta join to see the vids, but its worth it. Some great vids on the site.

F50 twin turbo stats.

Hp- unknown
    0-100 km/h 3.0 sec.
    0-200 km/h 8.4 sec.
    standing 1/4 mile 8.0 sec.
    top speed 380 km/h
    Last edited by Hipswnger2; 03-13-2004 at 05:08 PM.
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

F50s are pretty quick, but a McLaren F1 is quicker and faster.

A guy in a 355 tried to race me a couple of weeks back. Not really a race (I think he thought he actually had a chance!) but it sounded wonderful!

The thing is Ferrari's as delivered to magazines and what you receive from the dealers are miles apart in term of horepower. That's why Ferrari ban you from performance testing any car they have not “prepared” themselves. They will flatly refuse to lend a magazine a car for instance if you let on that you intend to race it against a TVR...

Unlike Ferraris at least Imprezas all go like stink matching the claimed figures from Suburu...

Ferrari's are lovely cars, lovely to look at, and listen to. But they don't perform as well as the magazines say. I've driven a 355 round Thruxton race track, easily the best handling car I've driven – didn't feel very quick though. I don't really look upon Ferrari's as the ultimate performance cars. They are about beauty and handling to me. For outright (and usable) performance - look elsewhere. Saying that, at least you don't have to wait for the things to warm up before you can get it in 1st gear these days, so they are getting better. The 308 and 328s I've driven were dreadful until they had warmed up!