Celica GT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Celica GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just dont get it...I'm on my way back to my apt this morning, around 8:30 am, crusing in the ...

Celica GT

I just dont get it...I'm on my way back to my apt this morning, around 8:30 am, crusing in the middle lane, and this celica gt gets on my ass, and passes me in fly-by mode. I didnt think anything of it, so I just kept going. He pulls in front of me, and then starts pulling and slowing down, pulling and slowing down over and over. Now, with him being in front of me, he should have at least seen my FMIC, which leads me to believe he either a) doesnt know anything about cars or b) just wanted an ass whooping. So I obliged him, I was kinda in the mood anyway. To make a long story short, it was a real waste of time. As soon as I got on the throttle I was passed him. But here's the kicker...he kept coming back for more, doing the same **** over and over, and I kept walking him, blowing his gf kisses, etc. He just would not learn. After a while I finally came to my exit, and he didnt even look over. Maybe he was just a masochist, but I mean it was such a waste of gas.
    Last edited by BassMan097; 03-07-2004 at 07:01 AM.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This happened to me last night except i knew the guy in the car, it was an automatic too. Celica GT comming up on me fast, my passenger stuck his hand out the window and counted down to 3 and it was a massicre. I had a about 10 buslengths on him when i shut down. I am stock WRX too

Re: Celica GT

Originally posted by BassMan097
    I just dont get it...I'm on my way back to my apt this morning, around 8:30 am, crusing in the middle lane, and this celica gt gets on my ass, and passes me in fly-by mode. I didnt think anything of it, so I just kept going. He pulls in front of me, and then starts pulling and slowing down, pulling and slowing down over and over. Now, with him being in front of me, he should have at least seen my FMIC, which leads me to believe he either a) doesnt know anything about cars or b) just wanted an ass whooping. So I obliged him, I was kinda in the mood anyway. To make a long story short, it was a real waste of time. As soon as I got on the throttle I was passed him. But here's the kicker...he kept coming back for more, doing the same **** over and over, and I kept walking him, blowing his gf kisses, etc. He just would not learn. After a while I finally came to my exit, and he didnt even look over. Maybe he was just a masochist, but I mean it was such a waste of gas.
    I am going with (a. nobody want to be embarrassed in front of their g/f

of course nobody wants to be embarassed in front of their gf, but I kept beating him. In fact, one of the times i let him go, caught up to him, and while he was at WOT trying his hardest I was blowing kisses at his gf, then I waved goodbye and pulled away (this was about half throttle at the top of 3rd)...whatever, I wouldnt have sought out a race with a celica, but if they want it, they can have it.

Pics:

Re: Re: Celica GT

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    I am going with (a. nobody want to be embarrassed in front of their g/f

I would think that getting owned over and over again would be more embarassing than not racing at all

my point exactly...

BTW, nice avatar

Pics:

man.... stupid GTs aren't even that great powerwise...

I know...i raced a modded gts when I used to have an IS300. We were pretty even throughout. A gts turbo would be an interesting match, but I havent come across any as of yet.

Pics:

when i was big slow i'd F with cars just to see em pull on me its like if you see a viper on the highway you'll mess with it a little
    if its not fast it better be a show car

when you drive a slower car, it somehow gets really tempting to pick on bigger fish just to see what they'll do. At least the way I am when I drive some other cars. He was asking for a beating

i liked the part about blowing kisses
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Originally posted by jungdragon
    when you drive a slower car, it somehow gets really tempting to pick on bigger fish just to see what they'll do. At least the way I am when I drive some other cars. He was asking for a beating
    Agree 100%. Now you're the big fish in a WRX and he's a small fish in his GT.

This happened to me this Saturday. I was out with a few other cars; STi, WRX and 2 Evos and pulled into a Sunoco to fill out. This guy just got out from the shop and saw us. He proceeded to get into his GT (could of been a GTS)...counldn't tell from the side. But he had an exhaust on. He proceeded to peel out from his spot and also when turning out of the station. I thought it was the funniest thing.

haha, yeah. But I must admit, if I saw an f50 filling up i would surely chase him. Not to say that I am an f50 compared to a celica, but still...

Pics:

courtney day >
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by BassMan097
    I know...i raced a modded gts when I used to have an IS300. We were pretty even throughout. A gts turbo would be an interesting match, but I havent come across any as of yet.

its gonna be awhile before you see any GTSs with turbos...the vvti from toyota doesn't really go well with turbos ... it throws it off ALOT, so it'll just mess it up

It must just be the celica engine then, because the IS300 has the vvti and guys are boosting them left and right.

Pics:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast