Celica GT - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Celica GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, I don't see how VVTi would have anything to do with not allowing boost. Now weak internals......

Yeah, I don't see how VVTi would have anything to do with not allowing boost. Now weak internals...
    02' WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know the exact differences, but isn't vvt-i generally the same thing as vtec... having to do with cam lift? hmm.

I haven't seen any gts' turbo'd myself, but have heard of one in the area.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I might be wrong, but I believe the major difference is that VTEC engagement is rpm based, and vvti (variable valve timing with intelligence) is based on throttle...
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Celica's arn't very impressive and they don't like to feature them to much in magazines cause who really wants to see one. As for this whole little fish messing with big fish theory, i dunno y but people with slower or even slow cars always like to mess with fast cars. Just the other day some early 90's late 80's mazda 626 with the weirdest muffler and loud ass exhaust leak was reving at me with his gf in the car and all i could do is laugh, hah i also blew kisses at his gf though she was fat and actually eating krispy kreme while he was driving(not kidding).

thats just disturbing...
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by BassMan097
    It must just be the celica engine then, because the IS300 has the vvti and guys are boosting them left and right.

very true, but you gotta remember they are 2 completely different engines... plus the whole 3sg(t)e series engines have always been turboed in someway... their designed for it... as while the 2zz and 1zz are not... so i don't think turboing it would do any good

oh yeah and as someone mentioned earlier the vvti has completely different basics compared to Vtec.... so its extremely hard to tune something like that

then again might not be seeing any 1 and 2zz motors being turboed because they are such new motors or its just so complicated to do so...
    Last edited by EvilCerealBoX; 03-08-2004 at 10:48 PM.

i have actually raced a gt once....right off the line it got quite a jump on me...in second gear he was about six xars ahead of me...in 3rd gear i lost considerable speed because one of my claws got in the way of the pedals...i hit nos in 5th but he still pulled a bit..he gave me thumbs up and i waved my giant lobster claw in response...dang i respect those cars...their enourmous wings are completely tasteful...i also love their non functional hoodscoop thing...it goes right with their essentially non functional engine

Yeah i dunno what it is but for some reason non functional stuff really bothers me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.