Wrx vs Turbo Prelude
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wrx vs Turbo Prelude within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Driving down the highway, I see a ricer looking old body style prelude (97-98?) I slowly pass him doing the ...

Wrx vs Turbo Prelude

Driving down the highway, I see a ricer looking old body style prelude (97-98?) I slowly pass him doing the speedlimit, and get in the right lane infront of him. He immediately gets in the left lane and passes me back. We soon come to a light, and I pray it turns red. It does. (yes, there are lights on the highway around here for intersections.) He revs, i hear a BOV. I yell to him and ask him if he's turbo'd, and he shakes his head confirming my suspision. At that point I begin to sweat.

He was alone in his car, I had 3 passengers (4 of us total).

Light turns green... I get a good launch and jump almost a car length on him off the line. He slowly walks me down, and by 115 he had a few lenghts on me.

After the run, he got off at the next exit and I didnt feel like chasing him down to talk to him.

Turbo Prelude =

How would I have done against him if I had kicked all three of my passengers out of the car?
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Wrx vs Turbo Prelude

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    How would I have done against him if I had kicked all three of my passengers out of the car?
    You would of done much better without those 3 people in your car. I wouldn't even try to race if I have 2 more people in the car, and the other person only have one.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

yeah, you would have done much better, probably made up for 3 or so carlengths. not sure you would have beaten him though, turbo preludes are nuts

turbo hondas are amazing when tuned right and not just the greddy t-25 kits because we all know a t-25 is pretty beat
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by j-style
    turbo hondas are amazing when tuned right and not just the greddy t-25 kits because we all know a t-25 is pretty beat
    only greddy kit with t-25 is for the D series engines... B series come with a 18g tdo5
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    only greddy kit with t-25 is for the D series engines... B series come with a 18g tdo5

a lude isa an h serious inless the swaped for a lesser motor .... it has happened before
    if its not fast it better be a show car

I have a video of me beating the piss out of a turbo prelude in my WRX. According to the owner, I didn't stand a damn chance but I raped the hell out of him. He had a huge turbo, a T62 or a T3/T4 hybrid, I'm not to knowledgable about these. It was much larger than my V34. His car obviously was not done right or in proper tune.
    02' WRX

cool... id kinda like to see that vid if you want to post it. What kinda mods you have when you ran him?

My problem probably relates back to the fact that my rex is basically stock, and i had 4 people in the car.
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

So youre stock except for the BOV?

BOV, Enkei rims/yoko tires

...that all so far
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

that is a pretty slow prelude. You would have faired much better without the passengers
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    cool... id kinda like to see that vid if you want to post it. What kinda mods you have when you ran him?

My problem probably relates back to the fact that my rex is basically stock, and i had 4 people in the car.
    If someone wants to host...it's a poor vid.

Power Mods:

Cobb Stage 2.5
    3" TBE
    K&N
    VF34
    STi Injectors
    Gutted up pipe

3 People in my car.
    02' WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.