i raced a ferrari.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on i raced a ferrari. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, kind of. i was driving alongside a new ferrari 335 or 355 convertible, (i couldn't read the badge and ...

Exclamation i raced a ferrari.

well, kind of. i was driving alongside a new ferrari 335 or 355 convertible, (i couldn't read the badge and i don't know much about ferarris), but anyway...we were playing around a little on the freeway, he would pull forward, then i would pull forward, he was basically screwing with me. then suddenly he went for it, he took off. i was ready for this, so i was already in 3rd gear, and i took off at maximum speed.

i do not know how, but somehow i caught up to him. his car was SOOOOO loud, i could not believe it. i did not actually pass him, because he took off again when i got close. obviously, he was playing with me, but i was loving it. just to drive fast near that thing was special. anyway, i caught up to him again, and i could tell he was getting ready to take off again, but i looked down and noticed i was going about 125 mph. at that point i slowed down and so did he. we had our fun. obviously i'm not comparing my rice rocket to a ferarri, but i'm sure the guy doesn't get a lot of people who ever try to keep up with the guy. it was fun, and i'd do it again. i'm not ashamed to lose to any car that costs over 10 times as much as mine. the guy even gave me a thumbs up after we both slowed down, which is the only reason i'm posting this.

by the way, my car isn't super fast, just a wrx with vishnu stage 0.
    -eric m.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    i've never raced a ferarri before
    i was tooled like that by a porsche 911 turbo - after he took off he slowed down for me, and then he took off again and left me behind.

so how do u like the stage zero kit? i gotz me one too
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

That reminds me of messing with a riced out non-vtec prelude on the highway. I would pace him at half throttle and let him pull a bit and then pass him. Then I put the car in 5th gear at 55 and he got the jump and I reeled him in around 90 or so. The funny thing is that he probably actaully thought he kept up/beat me and is posting it on the honda boards. It so fun messing with ricers.
    '03 STi killer

Originally posted by wrXXX
    That reminds me of messing with a riced out non-vtec prelude on the highway. I would pace him at half throttle and let him pull a bit and then pass him. Then I put the car in 5th gear at 55 and he got the jump and I reeled him in around 90 or so. The funny thing is that he probably actaully thought he kept up/beat me and is posting it on the honda boards. It so fun messing with ricers.
    i'm sorry but you can't compare a non vtec prelude to a ferrari or a 911. that's like saying you messed around with a postal jeep.

anyway, it's still fun.
    -eric m.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by wrXXX
    yeah, its fun to mess w/ them and feel like ur car is the best...

...then some porsche or ferrari comes along and smokes your ass then you get put back in your place.

such is the "food-chain" of cars - honda gets eaten by WRX gets eaten by ferarri. that is, until i get stage 1, then we'll see whos the big dog now
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Need more like aTurboXS stage 4 to keep up with 911's and ferarris even CLOSE on the highway

Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    did i say stage 1? i meant stage 1.....err.....10!
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I Support ClubWRX
    One day in my Firebird, a few years back, I was coming home from my lady's house down through Woodside hills and I seen this silver sports car. Didn't know what it was. Then he passed me. No plates. And then I said OH S*it. It was a Mclaren F1. The reason why I know is because the badge on the back was the same one from the video game I had. So I tried to speed up to get a better look from the side. And as I sped up, he sped up. I got up to about 80mph on Woodside road, and then finally he straight took off. And then turned right towards Atherton, one of the most prestigious and wealthy areas to live in the US. It was probably Larry Elison, CEO of Oracle, since he lives in Atherton. And yes I know, there is VERY few McLarens to ever be shipped to the US. Probably like under a total of 5. That's the reason he probably didn't have plates. He probably shipped it here illegaly. But this is what I saw.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL

he was probably in the 5th gear the whole time while you are downshifting to 3rd. lol.

I raced a Ferrari F-40 LM. I blew by him like he was standing still (in fact he was driving in the opposite direction ) It was just so cool to see and hear a F-40, and not just a plain-jane F-40 (of which there were several 100 made) but a F-40 LM!
    WR Blue WRX

Like I always say, its all about the driver.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Originally posted by Nexus6
    Like I always say, its all about the driver.
    What the heck does that have to do with anything in this thread?

Gosh you guys are lucky. All I ever see are John Deere, Allis-Chalmers, Case-International, and the occasional New Holland.

Originally posted by eric m.

i'm sorry but you can't compare a non vtec prelude to a ferrari or a 911. that's like saying you messed around with a postal jeep.

anyway, it's still fun.
    you missed the point.
    '03 STi killer

Originally posted by RobPA
    Need more like aTurboXS stage 4 to keep up with 911's and ferarris even CLOSE on the highway

Rob
    I still don't think thats enough power to keep up with those cars on the highway. Stoplight to stoplight, wrx will own them but not on highway with our gearing and aerodynamics.
    '03 STi killer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast