i raced a ferrari. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on i raced a ferrari. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by junaitari Gosh you guys are lucky. All I ever see are John Deere, Allis-Chalmers, Case-International, and the ...

Originally posted by junaitari
    Gosh you guys are lucky. All I ever see are John Deere, Allis-Chalmers, Case-International, and the occasional New Holland.
    LOL, maybe I could pass you on my Deere! NOT, it's only a lawn tractor.

Yeah, you guys are lucky. We do occassionally see a Lambo, or Ferrari around Macon, but generally have to head to Atlanta to see anything.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Smaug
    I raced a Ferrari F-40 LM. I blew by him like he was standing still (in fact he was driving in the opposite direction ) It was just so cool to see and hear a F-40, and not just a plain-jane F-40 (of which there were several 100 made) but a F-40 LM!
    Plain jane F-40??! Where's my billy-club?!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

I beat an older Ferrari in my Vette, but it wasn't a great kill once I looked up the stats on it. It was a kinda weaky one... and it was still cooler than my Vette.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRXless
    I beat an older Ferrari in my Vette, but it wasn't a great kill once I looked up the stats on it. It was a kinda weaky one... and it was still cooler than my Vette.
    anyone up on ferrari knowledge?

someone tell me about the 308 - first ferrari w/ fuel injection or something- wasn't too fast, but it looked really cool, my friend's dad has one
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by jk147
    he was probably in the 5th gear the whole time while you are downshifting to 3rd. lol.
    no, he was in 4th and he downshifted to 3rd to get away from me. his car was SO loud!!! i cannot describe how loud this car was. he sounded like he was at 7 or 8000 RPM when he was accelerating. whatever makes that car goes fast is sure doing a lot of work, that's for sure. meanwhile my car is almost silent except for my BOV.

i am starting to think this guy didn't really know how to drive, or he would have wasted me right away. probably some rich guy with a new toy, and he's still learning how to use it. that makes the most sense. still, it was fun, and no one can take that from me.

as for turboXS compared to vishnu..that's a whole other discussion. there has been a lot of controversy over what is the best power improvement for the money. anyway...i think all the tuning companies know what they are doing, and for not a lot of money, you can make your wrx as faster than all but the top street legal cars on the road.

oh, and the VTEC comparison to the WRX...i'm sorry. i understand what you mean. like a civic Si racing a WRX? it's not really a race. however, the reason those guys race WRXs is because there is always the inevitable ricer fly by after they know they've been beat, and we slow down. there was NO WAY i was going to do a ricer flyby to that ferrari. that's so stupid. i would encourage any of you who street race to slow it down once you are done seeing who's car can accelerate better.

if you start weaving in and out of traffic, someone is going to get hurt eventually. probably because the slower drivers aren't paying attention, but it's still our responsibility to be a little sane when driving, and not involve other cars in our foolishness. also keep in mind that a lot of the honda/acura/DSM ricer guys out there are riding on cut coils, cheap wheels with the wrong offset, generic tires and/or $150 coilovers, so do not get in a weaving contest with these fools. they can take it to an autocross if they want to weave in and out at high speeds. so can we, actually.
    -eric m.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    The 308 tends to be on the lower end of Ferraris, at least price-wise. This "Magnum PI" Ferrari is the model that I see the most often.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by Penguinking

yeah, its fun to mess w/ them and feel like ur car is the best...

...then some porsche or ferrari comes along and smokes your ass then you get put back in your place.

such is the "food-chain" of cars - honda gets eaten by WRX gets eaten by ferarri. that is, until i get stage 1, then we'll see whos the big dog now
    how can u make such a broad statement....actualy honda eats subaru from a role. i know that a RSX type S, Integra type R, S2000, TL type S, CL type S, NSX, and maybe even the newer vtec preludes are faster stock then a wrx is stoxk out on the open road. whats a sti run over in japan mid to upper 13's, i know skyline r34 do about 13.7 so a sti is right about there, well the US nsx will beat them both and the jap nsx is even faster.

no serious flames intended but u can't say something like that and expect others to sit back while your stepping on there toes all the while the things they are saying isn't even true

ok, ok. now let's bring it all back to reality.

what is the fastest car for the money? the fastest i can think of is the mustang GT and the subaru wrx. the other fast cars are much too expensive to even be compared to those cars. oh, and the handling on the mustang sucks. AND i can't even drive one because i'm too tall. so i like my subaru. plus, it's easy to work on and you can do a lot to it to make it faster.
    -eric m.

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by eric m.
    ok, ok. now let's bring it all back to reality.

what is the fastest car for the money? the fastest i can think of is the mustang GT and the subaru wrx. the other fast cars are much too expensive to even be compared to those cars. oh, and the handling on the mustang sucks. AND i can't even drive one because i'm too tall. so i like my subaru. plus, it's easy to work on and you can do a lot to it to make it faster.
    the fastest i could afford but i would realy have to stretch to pay for this thing is a s2000 or if a went with american muscle either a trans am or camaro (got to love ls1 power)

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RSXracer200

how can u make such a broad statement....actualy honda eats subaru from a role. i know that a RSX type S, Integra type R, S2000, TL type S, CL type S, NSX, and maybe even the newer vtec preludes are faster stock then a wrx is stoxk out on the open road. whats a sti run over in japan mid to upper 13's, i know skyline r34 do about 13.7 so a sti is right about there, well the US nsx will beat them both and the jap nsx is even faster.

no serious flames intended but u can't say something like that and expect others to sit back while your stepping on there toes all the while the things they are saying isn't even true

ok ok, but i can at least pretend, can't i? i mean, just for once, can't i merely say things like that to inflate my already humongous ego because i drive a wrx? or do i always have to be politically correct? hmm...
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Penguinking, i know what you mean about the ego...i got my wrx 5 months ago and i still have to smile every time i look at it

Back to the original topic about the McLaren F1. I have read at one point that there were a total of 7 McLaren F1's in the US. I read in the DuPont Registry that an owner in Florida who owned two of them was putting one up for sale. I have also read an article about an owner in Texas somewhere. I live in the Bay Area and havn't heard of one existing anywhere in CA, but with the influx of money into Southern Bay Area, I wouldn't doubt any possibilities of something like that hiding in someone's garage around here. I hope I might happen upon him one day...
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by jmussetter
    Back to the original topic about the McLaren F1. I have read at one point that there were a total of 7 McLaren F1's in the US. I read in the DuPont Registry that an owner in Florida who owned two of them was putting one up for sale. I have also read an article about an owner in Texas somewhere. I live in the Bay Area and havn't heard of one existing anywhere in CA, but with the influx of money into Southern Bay Area, I wouldn't doubt any possibilities of something like that hiding in someone's garage around here. I hope I might happen upon him one day...
    I thought they weren't street legal here because of their carbon fiber bodies?
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by Verdugo

I thought they weren't street legal here because of their carbon fiber bodies?
    Why would a carbon fiber body be illegal? I'm guessing it's from a safety standpoint, but it looks to me like a car of that nature is designed for the frame/bumpers to absorb shock and the body is merely there for weather protection, aerodynamics, and stunning good looks ( ). Am I missing something?
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Originally posted by WRXed

Why would a carbon fiber body be illegal? I'm guessing it's from a safety standpoint, but it looks to me like a car of that nature is designed for the frame/bumpers to absorb shock and the body is merely there for weather protection, aerodynamics, and stunning good looks ( ). Am I missing something?
    Maybe it's too modern.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.