Mazdaspeed Miata
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed Miata within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anyone seen the 0-60, 1/4 stats for the mazdaspeed miata? I've seen 178 hp but I was just curious what ...

Mazdaspeed Miata

Anyone seen the 0-60, 1/4 stats for the mazdaspeed miata?
    I've seen 178 hp but I was just curious what some of these can do.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it doesn't matter cuz it still a miata
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by j-style
    it doesn't matter cuz it still a miata

HEY I OWN A MIATA.

Originally posted by spooln
    HEY I OWN A MIATA.

i am so sorry ... sell it before you get burried it because a ford ranger rear ended you
    if its not fast it better be a show car

While a stock or even a mazdaspeed miata can be laughed at, be careful, that engine can take lots of modding. My old man has a blown miata with a twin-screw supercharger pushing 10psi and it puts 230-240 to the wheels! It's actually scary sometimes, it breaks loose way too easily. That's a lot of power for such a little car, it hauls ass. Kills me from a roll, although from a dig I can get him.
    I must admit, I love my rex, but that little miata is probably the most fun car I've ever driven (it has lots of other goodies too)
    catless Cobb stage 2

"That's only a v-4! My v-6 will beat you anyday" - dumbass

Thumbs up mazdaspeed miata

Wow. a great handling, small displacement machine with boost getting bland reviews here.

The Miata pays tribute to great Brittish sports cars from a classic period. But it's dry and reliable too. To offer an affordable one with a power-to-weight ratio on par with a Z-4 is very cool. Unless it's seriously boosted, it's not about straight line performance. Instead, it's about owning the twisties. Of course, when the Elise arrives, it'll need to do much better than a Z-4. It remains, however, a step in the right direction.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Impressive how they fit all that under the hood! (turbo, FMIC, etc)

It's even more impressive how they fit that HUGE fart-can under the rear bumper. Sharp car...except for the can of rice hanging off the back.

I think I would be scared to drive that...it might take off!
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Don't knock the Miatas. I got schooled by a modded one (probably for Auto-X) on a transitional ramp on the highway. It was some guy in his mid forties, it wasn't riced but it was obviously well loved.

I'm on stock tires, but I've got a Cusco rear sway bar, and this guy totally walked me on a decreasing radius ramp while my RE-92s were screaming for mercy. Hooah, no contest.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

they miata is probaly one of the most fun cars to drive cause its so little. its like driving a turbocharged go cart. i'm only running 8 psi and i get no tracking from my launch. the miata has a really weak rear end i've blown mine and had it replace with some rx-7 parts so it won't happen again. great handling car. i think the mazdaspeed won't be to great but i've seen some miata's get over 300 whp and thats scary considering they weight a lil under 2000 pounds

Miatas are fun as hell to drive. My friend and I took one out for a few hours. They're very nice little cars with great handling. Very underpowered though, but that's why they made the Mazdaspeed.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

i had the magazine around here somewhere. i think it was car and driver. but if memory serves correctly it ran like 15.3 and a 6.9 0-60.

not impressive at all IMO. i was expecting mid 14's. but i guess the tunability is awesome, and the handling is beyond excellent

Some of us focus way too much on sheer power output and drag racing...the Miata is an autocrossing beast. Autocrosses I go to, I see nearly HALF the cars are Miatas. Of course, our courses are a bit Miata biased in their design but still...great for autocrosses.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by spooln
    they miata is probaly one of the most fun cars to drive cause its so little. its like driving a turbocharged go cart. i'm only running 8 psi and i get no tracking from my launch. the miata has a really weak rear end i've blown mine and had it replace with some rx-7 parts so it won't happen again. great handling car. i think the mazdaspeed won't be to great but i've seen some miata's get over 300 whp and thats scary considering they weight a lil under 2000 pounds
    Miata? weak rearend? what planet are you from?
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast