Mazdaspeed Miata - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed Miata within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice '93 OKsubaru. Hardcore Double Hoop rollbar? How did you lower it? FM springs?...

Nice '93 OKsubaru. Hardcore Double Hoop rollbar? How did you lower it? FM springs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Absolutely beautiful OKSubaru!!! I totally dig it!!! and uke, it could very easily be a modified Greddy kit, the stock bottom end will take 15psi nicely when tuned right. Might even be a flyin miata kit.. you should ask him sometime for a ride
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

^Infinity to the mentality that if a car is not the fastast evAr in a straight line it is crappy and slow.

Miata is an awesome car, the Mazdaspeed Miata will be a REALLY REALLY awesome car!!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

the car is on FM springs with Koni adjustable struts. The roll bar is a Hard Dog Duece.(actual roll bar, not just pretty to look at) turbo this summer.

I absolutely loved my RS, but after driving a couple of miatas and S2000's i got bitten by the RWD roadster bug really bad.

Maybe someday i can own a suby and a miata...
    93 Miata LE, #100/1500 Black

"I wrote a hit play!"

I read an article that reviewed the handling of several of the world's top sports cars and the miata won out! It was specifically referred to as superior to the Porsche GT3 in handling. Unbelievable.
    Also the last generation of miatas wran a 323 engine which also came in a turbo version - great motor to go FI with. When paired with RWD on such a fine handling chassis I have to give kudos to mazda.
    Last edited by scottigee; 03-11-2004 at 04:32 PM.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

Here we are....

sorry, I can't get the direct link to the article to work, but here it is

http://www.carpages.co.uk/mazda/news.asp

it's under November 2003 - "Mazda MX-5 Wins Autocar ‘Best Handling Car 2003’"
    Last edited by scottigee; 03-11-2004 at 04:32 PM.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

Wow... an article said a miata outhandled a GT3... that takes huge balls.

Sorry, but i have to say thats impossible IMHO.

Miata= economy sports car.
    GT3 = worldclass supercar.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

That may be true... at high speeds on one of the many high speed tracks, but on a more technical track.. id take the Miata... its more nimble and agile for the slower speed corners.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

fre
    Yea miatas are wicked in tight corners, I can't lose my dad when we go down the switchbacks and I have more than twice his power lol. He is right on my ass and could probably pass me I dunno though. I have driven it as well and those things corner like crazy. I have had a couple hondas try to stay in front of me and they are all cutting into the other lane and crap and im barely trying, while staying in my own lane. The thing has turn in like an evo. I still prefer my car for every day driving because I can always just crank the wheel if I want to take a corner fast *scccreeeeeeeech*
    Last edited by fre; 03-11-2004 at 06:34 PM.

Miata is fun to drive... it lacks power that my WRX has, but it shines in handling~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123