Wrx Vs. Mustang Cobra
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs. Mustang Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so here's the deal. Driving down the highway and see a Circa 95' Mustang Cobra... I pull up next ...

Wrx Vs. Mustang Cobra

Ok so here's the deal.

Driving down the highway and see a Circa 95' Mustang Cobra...

I pull up next to him and pace him (he had 30 day tags on it... so i knew he would probably want to play... test out his new ride)

We slowed to about 50 mph... both dropped to 3rd and went at it. I pulled about a car ahead, and we stayed steady at that point. We shifted to 4th and he crept up on me until we were about bumper to bumper. We shifted to 5th and i pulled half a car length again. I shut down at about 115 with a half car length on him.

I definately beat him... and he was definately racing me.

I say he was a really bad driver (new car and all... new to him at least). What do you think?

Another theory I have is that it was a fake cobra. He has the cobra bumper, hood, and emblems. ( i couldnt see the rims... we were moving.)

What do you guys think?

I have a basically stock wrx... rims, bov. (more to come very soon)

(i wanted to talk to him/ keep playing, but he got off at an exit soon after. )
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1: the engine is not being taken care of
    2: old cobra is fast, but not crazy fast like the new ones
    3: he can't drive
    4: GT debagded cobra
    5: It was raining out
    6: you are full of it.

one of these on top can be a good reason!

my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

I pulled a 9x something cobra by a car length through first gear, and a couple car lengths by second gear, but I have a few mods...

Well.. i think we can count #6 out of it...

but i was just wondering if this is possible?

I dont think so, but then again it was a new car to this guy... and he possibly didnt know how to drive it yet.

A passenger in my car swears that it was a real cobra... not a rebadged GT. He owns a mustang GT and claims he can tell the difference... but who knows.

Im just posting to see what you guys think?

I think I have narrowed it down to the fact that he couldnt drive his car.

Edit: ... and it was raining ever so lightly out... roads were wet... but i dont think that would make that much of a difference from a roll.
    Last edited by Hipswnger2; 03-06-2004 at 03:07 AM.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

if he was stock then i dont doubt it. i raced an 02 cobra with exhaust from a 40 roll and we were dead even until 80 when he started to pull on me. and the 02 is faster than the 95's.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    if he was stock then i dont doubt it. i raced an 02 cobra with exhaust from a 40 roll and we were dead even until 80 when he started to pull on me. and the 02 is faster than the 95's.
    you race and beat a lot of fast mustangs dont you

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    Um, they didnt make cobra's in 02...

And the 99,01 cobras trapped 103-105 bone stock...With exhaust, gears, simple mods, low 12s are possible NA...And forget about the 03 cobras...even I dont gun for them...well, alright, I do, lol, but you know what im getting at...

But the 94-95 cobras, stock, are no beasts...and if it wasn't in the best repair, a stockish WRX could definitely pull one (I had a 94 cobra)
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.