WRX vs. GTP-anyone here?

This is a discussion on WRX vs. GTP-anyone here? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just curious to see if it was anyone here. I have a silver '98 GTP with a few mods, and ...

WRX vs. GTP-anyone here?

Just curious to see if it was anyone here. I have a silver '98 GTP with a few mods, and was on my way from Seattle to Phoenix last night on I-5. This was a little south of Stockton, southbound (obviously). Anyways, I was messing around with a 2k2 Maxima, and a blue WRX with personalized plates that said "SBY DUDE" came up. He had a butt ton of gauges, exhaust, and obviously some other stuff. I figured he'd be a lot better competition than the Maxima, so I got behind him and we went at it a few times. I didn't get creamed, but the guy was pulling on me a little bit, usually about 90 to 130+ he'd get about 4 or 5 cars on me. I was pretty impressed and just wanted to say nice runs. I figured I'd get beat, and he got me every time. Anyways, I was just curious if it was anyone here.
    '98 GTP
    3.2/3.4" Mod Pulley System, HD FWI, DHP PCM, TOG Headers, RT DP/Cat, TS Cat-back, 160* t-stat, MAP TB Spacer, MAP EHS, TEP Shift Kit, ZZP F&R STB's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    http://www.subydude.com/
    Wow, if that was him, I don't feel bad at all. Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
    '98 GTP
    3.2/3.4" Mod Pulley System, HD FWI, DHP PCM, TOG Headers, RT DP/Cat, TS Cat-back, 160* t-stat, MAP TB Spacer, MAP EHS, TEP Shift Kit, ZZP F&R STB's

Wow, He must have been heavily modded to pull on you like that......Look like you should be running mid 13's at 102-103MPH.

Greg
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Heavily modded == 12s? I think we have different ideas of what is heavily modded
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I think 325whp (off the other site) is pretty decently modded, plus a lot of the good 1/4 WRX is going to run is going to be thanks to the launch. GTP's are the same way, though not quite to the extent. I'm moderately modded, and have some tuning issues (7* of KR), plus the car was full of stuff as I'm in the process of moving. Would that have made a difference, hell no, he would've still walked me, obviously he's got a pretty quick WRX. I would imagine he could run better than 12's with his setup, though I don't know enough about WRX's for an educated guess. Those numbers will get a 3450lb. GTP into the 12's without the benefit of AWD though, so I would only assume.
    '98 GTP