Raced an Mercedes S500

This is a discussion on Raced an Mercedes S500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The other day I was crusing when I came along side a Mercedes S500 at a stop light. It looked ...

Raced an Mercedes S500

The other day I was crusing when I came along side a Mercedes S500 at a stop light. It looked new, it was all black, and had massive brakes with cross drilled rotors, and it looked pretty mean. I see the driver is with his wife or something, but I thought what the hell. The light turned green and I took of kind of slow and then punched it to see what he would do, He punched it and was about 3-4 car lengths back, I only took it up to about 70. We came to another light, and this time he knew what was up. Again the light turned green I did not attempt to launch what so ever, but this time he was about 1.5 carlengths behind me and by the top of third gear I was about 4 carlengths ahead, then I let off for him to catch up. He rolled along side of me with a big grin on his face, his wife was laughing and he gave me a big thumbs up. Seemed like a cool dude, I wish there was more people like that out here. I guess those cars have a 300 hp V-8, but I guess they are a little heavier then our cars! I'm sure if it was an AMG he would of smoked me.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahha or it didn't have a kompreser
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: Raced an Mercedes S500

Originally posted by jamie007
    [B! I'm sure if it was an AMG he would of smoked me. [/B]
    no doubt about that.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Yeah, I briefly toyed with an AMG on the interstate one day...damn thing had 5 people in it and it was just me and my wife in the stock wagon.....he still owned me BIG time.
    Pretty cool driver though...in his 40's and it looked lie his parents or in laws were i the back.

yea, amg on the highway= trouble. ive had the pleasure of running 2 c32 amgs on the street. one of the kids was all, "whatya got in there?" i said "just a 4 cylinder" he goes, "aw thats too bad", an mashes on the pedal. next light i owned him for 3 gears until shutdown. there was a new champaigne v12 mercedes at the track last night, quiet as hell an ran 11.9