WRX vs. Ford Focus SVT (or whatever thier fast Model is)

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Ford Focus SVT (or whatever thier fast Model is) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; All I can say is...not even close. WRX Rules....

str

WRX vs. Ford Focus SVT (or whatever thier fast Model is)

All I can say is...not even close.

WRX Rules.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah-not close in a race,
    I test drove an SVT focus, though, and would say that I was impressed. I would choose that over the Mustang GT and Civic Si I test drove, just because the handling was very crisp. Even more responsive than the WRX. But it could use more power.
    02' WRX Platinum Silver
    I like my car!

str
    Yeah, I read that they are great cars for the buck but not in the same leauge as the WRX. They are pretty quick though just stock and have a good top speed. I took one off the line easily however by a few car-lengths.

Why would you want to pull on a Focus? Reminds me of the time that a mustang wanted to race me in a Cavalier. A '94 2.2L CAVALIER-

isn't that sick!?!
    02' WRX Platinum Silver
    I like my car!

Originally posted by wildnuts
    Why would you want to pull on a Focus? Reminds me of the time that a mustang wanted to race me in a Cavalier. A '94 2.2L CAVALIER-

isn't that sick!?!
    Could've been like the time I "raced" that brand new ZR-1 vette in my '89 Beretta (2.0L). Not even close! I did get to see that vette take off though!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Yeah,

Focus SVT apparently has great handling and performance for an $18,000 vehicle, but this does not mean it's comparable to our +$5000 machines. for that extra 5 grand we basically get AWD, 57hp and an extra door. What's impressive is how much performance this translates to. A Focus SVT does 0-60 in a bit over 7 seconds, better than a civic si or sentra se-r but nowhere near us

Yeah-the AWD prolly took it,
    Yet, I don't know when I'm really getting the advantage of the AWD. I've driven it down a couple dirt roads, had some fun drifting, but don't have a similar experience in a FWD or RWD car to compare that with. Hasn't snowed yet either, but I've never felt uncomfortable with FWD in snow (cept for the time a car edged me over into a snowbank on the side of the road-*******, can't stay in his lane!-) In what kind of situation will I get the most effect from the AWD?
    02' WRX Platinum Silver
    I like my car!

Originally posted by wildnuts
    Yeah-the AWD prolly took it,
    Yet, I don't know when I'm really getting the advantage of the AWD. I've driven it down a couple dirt roads, had some fun drifting, but don't have a similar experience in a FWD or RWD car to compare that with. Hasn't snowed yet either, but I've never felt uncomfortable with FWD in snow (cept for the time a car edged me over into a snowbank on the side of the road-*******, can't stay in his lane!-) In what kind of situation will I get the most effect from the AWD?

12 or more inches of snow and an empty parking lot.