WRX vs. Ford Focus SVT (or whatever thier fast Model is)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Ford Focus SVT (or whatever thier fast Model is) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; All I can say is...not even close. WRX Rules....

str

WRX vs. Ford Focus SVT (or whatever thier fast Model is)

All I can say is...not even close.

WRX Rules.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah-not close in a race,
    I test drove an SVT focus, though, and would say that I was impressed. I would choose that over the Mustang GT and Civic Si I test drove, just because the handling was very crisp. Even more responsive than the WRX. But it could use more power.
    02' WRX Platinum Silver
    I like my car!

str
    Yeah, I read that they are great cars for the buck but not in the same leauge as the WRX. They are pretty quick though just stock and have a good top speed. I took one off the line easily however by a few car-lengths.

Why would you want to pull on a Focus? Reminds me of the time that a mustang wanted to race me in a Cavalier. A '94 2.2L CAVALIER-

isn't that sick!?!
    02' WRX Platinum Silver
    I like my car!

Originally posted by wildnuts
    Why would you want to pull on a Focus? Reminds me of the time that a mustang wanted to race me in a Cavalier. A '94 2.2L CAVALIER-

isn't that sick!?!
    Could've been like the time I "raced" that brand new ZR-1 vette in my '89 Beretta (2.0L). Not even close! I did get to see that vette take off though!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Yeah,

Focus SVT apparently has great handling and performance for an $18,000 vehicle, but this does not mean it's comparable to our +$5000 machines. for that extra 5 grand we basically get AWD, 57hp and an extra door. What's impressive is how much performance this translates to. A Focus SVT does 0-60 in a bit over 7 seconds, better than a civic si or sentra se-r but nowhere near us

Yeah-the AWD prolly took it,
    Yet, I don't know when I'm really getting the advantage of the AWD. I've driven it down a couple dirt roads, had some fun drifting, but don't have a similar experience in a FWD or RWD car to compare that with. Hasn't snowed yet either, but I've never felt uncomfortable with FWD in snow (cept for the time a car edged me over into a snowbank on the side of the road-*******, can't stay in his lane!-) In what kind of situation will I get the most effect from the AWD?
    02' WRX Platinum Silver
    I like my car!

Originally posted by wildnuts
    Yeah-the AWD prolly took it,
    Yet, I don't know when I'm really getting the advantage of the AWD. I've driven it down a couple dirt roads, had some fun drifting, but don't have a similar experience in a FWD or RWD car to compare that with. Hasn't snowed yet either, but I've never felt uncomfortable with FWD in snow (cept for the time a car edged me over into a snowbank on the side of the road-*******, can't stay in his lane!-) In what kind of situation will I get the most effect from the AWD?

12 or more inches of snow and an empty parking lot.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.