srt-4 extreme
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on srt-4 extreme within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; All I have to say is holy sh#$. If mopar plays like this then Ill never beat this srt... They ...

srt-4 extreme

All I have to say is holy sh#$. If mopar plays like this then Ill never beat this srt...

They claim to have an extreme model. I'm not sure if its coming
    out but its stats differ like this:

500 lbs lighter due to carbon parts, etc...
    280bhp...at the "crank"...just like the 223 now right ????

what a monster that will be if it can have some sort of traction...
    I read about it in the HCI compact mag...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My grandfather once told me "Competitoin is good for all but the weak". He has his own business and has raced many different vettes and MG's back in the day. Well all I'm saying is if wrx is in the same class as the srt then it's only time before they step up the wrx with stage upgrades and what not. Look at the small sport truck market...Cyclone and Typhoon then lighting....then lighting again then SS and now the SRT-10...if one car push's the market the others will step up. Viper zo6 vette GT-40...see the pattern...
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    My grandfather once told me "Competitoin is good for all but the weak". He has his own business and has raced many different vettes and MG's back in the day. Well all I'm saying is if wrx is in the same class as the srt then it's only time before they step up the wrx with stage upgrades and what not. Look at the small sport truck market...Cyclone and Typhoon then lighting....then lighting again then SS and now the SRT-10...if one car push's the market the others will step up. Viper zo6 vette GT-40...see the pattern...
    this is true, look how the sport compact scene blew up after the wrx came on the scene with its popularity. everyone is trying to do what makes the money and competes. no company wants another to have an upper hand on it.

the thing i dont understand is how in gods name will that srt4 hook up. it was having problems origionally, then the added LSD package. but with that much power, and 500lbs lighter, i cant see it hooking up on the street very well at all.

what if dodge made it allwheel drive

(not likely)

Interesting

Damn, this is the first i here of this. They have to do something about this hooking up thing though, because I really have no 1st gear when I floor it, it just spins, plus i still have factory tires and wheels. I just ordered some Dunlops FM901's on RO_JA Formula 5's, so I hope this will help some. From a roll It's a different story though.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

No offense to srt owners but I never want to ever lose to an srt...I just dont think my pride could handle it...I havent lost to one yet and Ive raced stage 1 +'s...NO bigger turbo ones yet. I hope I have my bigger turbo when that day comes w/my new engine/tranny setup...Ah well... something is always faster
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Had the chance to run my first SRT-4 on Tuesday. I'll make a post about it. Nice little cars for what they are. I love the engine.

Btw, if you can link us to something about this extreme i would appeciate it. I am a finance manager at a Dodge store and this is the first I've heard of it.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

(not likely)
    they sort of did that... remember the Eagle Talon? or the plymoth lazor? eclipse GSX or whatever version it was... i have no idea what they are gonna do with the new eclipse and such ... but ya know...

Originally posted by silverscooby

Btw, if you can link us to something about this extreme i would appeciate it. I am a finance manager at a Dodge store and this is the first I've heard of it.
    It debuted at SEMA: http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow...1/page020.html

03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I have seen this car in person twice, First at NAIAS and then Last Friday at Autorama. It is not a ready for the street/dealership car. It is just a lightening experiment by Mopar. The interior is totally gutted with only one seat remaining. Dash/radio is all gutted too.
    Looks like a decent attempt from the outside with the CF hood and nice rims. The inside looks like it got parked in Detroit (gone)

Not like you will see them rolling past you anytime soon.
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    The thing i dont understand is how in God's name will that srt4 hook up? It was having problems originally, then the added LSD package. But with that much power, and 500lbs lighter, I can't see it hooking up on the street very well at all.
    How about some wheel spacers and huge a$$ racing slicks? Now that would look pretty damn silly.
    2002 WRB 5-spd: K&N drop-in, silencer hack, Samco IC hoses, Godspeed uppipe, Bosal downpipe w/stock 3rd cat, Tanabe RM catback, TB Racing crank pulley, Tanabe GF-210 springs, Koni Sport strut inserts, Group N tranny & motor mounts, Whiteline rack bushings, Kartboy rear-sway endlinks & shifter, Goodridge ss brakelines, Akebono ProACT front pads

They did the ACR before, they'll do it again. But just the standard stuff. No radio, A/C, etc. I'd say weight saving in the neighborhood of 200 lbs. are more realistic.

VV

The SRT Extreme was built by Stephan Zweidler of PVO for the show scene, and for his road racing. It's seen the track many times, and is not just a for show trailer queen. The car has carbon fiber front and rear bumpers, front quarter panels, hood, trunk, and all 4 doors. The interior panels are all carbon fiber also. All seats besides the driver are removed and a roll cage is installed. He's running Stage 2 upgrade, stoptech front breaks, a custom side exhaust dump, Mopar/KW stage 3 coilovers, and 16" SSR Comp rims w/Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires.

It weighs in at 2300lbs, and will put 280hp to the ground. It runs super low 13's without DR's or slicks on. It should start showing up in C&D and Sport Compact Car Mags soon. It won't be built, however a lot of the carbon fiber panels are being reviewed to be sold as Mopar Performance parts. All the engine and suspension upgrades are available now at your local dodge dealer.

Oh, we've got one more year with this SRT-4. The 05 model should go out with quite a bang. We can only hope that Dodge will up the game once more by bringing out an ACR
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

This may be a bit off topic but the new Grand Am's are gonna be all wheel drive with a new V6 I heard. Looks like everyone wants a little piece of heaven in there stable.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    [B

(not likely) [/B]
    I'd opt for rear wheel drive
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Im going to come out and say it right now... if money allows, I may skip another WRX and go for the Neon... Ive always been a mopar fan and have always wanted to build a 1G Neon with a turbo 2.4 as a strictly track car (the build quality isnt up to my standards on the interior, especially with the 1G)... but I may be a new SRT owner when the money allows.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.