Eclipse GTS vs. WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Eclipse GTS vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok. I work with a girl that ownes said GTS. She and all of the people that work in her ...

Eclipse GTS vs. WRX

Ok. I work with a girl that ownes said GTS. She and all of the people that work in her area feel that she could take me in a race. Now I never take any car for granted in a race, BUT this car is completly stock, and I have a BOV. I still consider myself stock. Basically I just want to know who would win this contest. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

put your stock bov in and race her. your car runs like crap with a bov. ive raced a gt not s with intake and exhaust and beat him from a roll. if youre a good drive you should have no problem beating it.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

Have even more fun with it, by volunteering not to go until you see her move, giving her the hit/crack/leave (whatever streetracer lingo you prefer ). If you can launch your car well enough to get a 1.8-1.9 60' time, you'll reel her in by the time you hit 30 mph, if not sooner, and then you'll be pulling away beyond that. If she's attractive, compliment the way she drives and offer to console her by taking her out to dinner sometime next week.

Agreed, that you should put the stock BOV back on, and drive around for 100 miles to let your car relearn (or reset the ECM).

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I will try that, but not the 2nd part. I have a girl thank you .

damn that makes bet with all the fools who "think" she'll win then crush her.... GTS eclipse are dogs.... thats a EASY win...
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

They are a mid 15 second car from what I remember...so even an automatic WRX should give them a run for their money, let alone a well driven manual car....I raced my friends tip-tronic (a sport shift, whatever it is) completely stock and walked him from a roll.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

you will own her.

I know you said you have a girl, but is the GTS girl attractive?

you should race and loser buys dinner. either way you have dinner and can work your game on her.

Originally posted by SERacing
    They are a mid 15 second car from what I remember
    Some are high 14's. I ran a 14.9 with an intake. But i had a GT. The GTS is supposed to have 10 more HP/TQ.

...so even an automatic WRX should give them a run for their money, let alone a well driven manual car....
    The auto is .2 slower than the stick stock. Its not like the manual chimed in at 14.2 and the auto was 16.2....

I raced my friends tip-tronic (a sport shift, whatever it is) completely stock and walked him from a roll.
    Those are truly ****ty. Not sure what your mods are but race a manual from a roll. You wont be walking it if your stock.

I've raced manual tranmission GT's from a dig and completely walked them with my mods, so I have a hard time believing that a GTS is going to give you any issues at all if you know how to drive.

They are mid 15 second cars - once in a blue moon, they might hit high 14s stock, but that would be an exception to the masses.

In conclusion, you should walk all over this car.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.