What's with Eclipse guys?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's with Eclipse guys? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why is it that every single clapped-out Mitsubishi Eclipse guy I see or pull up next to on the street ...

What's with Eclipse guys?

Why is it that every single clapped-out Mitsubishi Eclipse guy I see or pull up next to on the street feels the need to give me the rev-up?

News Flash: even with a 5" muffler tip and a coffee table bolted to the hatch, it's still a beat-down Eclipse. I know some modified Mitsu's are fast, but something tells me that they don't have plastic hubcaps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: What's with Eclipse guys?

Originally posted by ZipZip
    but something tells me that they don't have plastic hubcaps.
    sleeper

I dont really have that problem. I havent had any official challeneges from randomn people but the occasional right hand pass at a light that i quickly shut down.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Banned

Re: Re: What's with Eclipse guys?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    [B]sleeper

I'd second that
    I know a guy with a DSM that runs low 11's and he's got those spinner hub caps just so people feel even dumber when they lose

Everytime i get lined up with one, even before i have a chance to rev them they look over and turn off. I've been thinking about badging myself a 2.5 rs just so people think they can own me. I live in grand forks right now, the competition is pretty pathetic.

I always see people infront of me driving around like complete dumb asses and when i start to catch up to them they will do a couple little quick "i'm game pulls". But once they see what i am and we line up they puss out, oh well keeps my ass from being busted.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

most modded eclipses are fairly fast. atleast the modded turbo ones, and almost all others (non-turbo) are driven by girls.

be cautious towards them, for they can be made very fast for very cheap, but you have to remember that most eclipses are cheap now. cheap turbo car with lots of aftermarket support = lots of kids buying them. which then = a tendency for less maturity. (not trying to generalize since i am only 18, but its happening with lots of cars now adays.)

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, 1st generation Eclipse/Talon can be made quick for VERY little money. I'm not a fan of the ergonomics, at least of the first gen cars, and I've always heard that the suspensions were very soft from the factory.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

eclipse are sick I don't really have a problem with the car I just have a problem with the driver (the ones with turbos). A lot of them think they're the fastest sh*t out there probably because they have a turbo or awd. The ones that give me a lot a sh*t are mustangs, they always try to race me, probably because wrx looks like a ***** but runs like a beast

I ran a turbo 95 white eclipse.

Really cool guy, I wish I could run him again, but this was in NJ.

So far my impression of DSM guys are
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

early DSM's are teh win.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by rlunatic
    eclipse are sick I don't really have a problem with the car I just have a problem with the driver (the ones with turbos). A lot of them think they're the fastest sh*t out there probably because they have a turbo or awd. The ones that give me a lot a sh*t are mustangs, they always try to race me, probably because wrx looks like a ***** but runs like a beast
    Mustang gt's won't even race me from a stop, but they try from a roll. Its pretty sad cause i'm still mostly stock. I can't wait to have some nice pull from a roll and see there faces as a pull by them. I get alot of pontiac 3.8 supercharged boats that try to race me, they are fun to **** with, even from a roll
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by zapman
    Mustang gt's won't even race me from a stop, but they try from a roll. Its pretty sad cause i'm still mostly stock. I can't wait to have some nice pull from a roll and see there faces as a pull by them. I get alot of pontiac 3.8 supercharged boats that try to race me, they are fun to **** with, even from a roll
    whats wrong with racing where you're advantaged? You'd want to race from a dig, right?

Also, I know of a certain 123mph trapping GS-T owned by a guy on my site...I love running into eclipses cause they're like beatdown Fox body stangs, you never know if youre next to a rust bucket or a real runner...you just have to try it and find out!
    2003 SRT-4

I find that the more hardcore the mods are, the friendlier the driver.
    Last edited by CKxx; 03-15-2004 at 01:39 PM.
    I created my avatar.

uke
    Originally posted by zapman
    Hey! I resemble that remark !

So...who wins?

hey im a nice dsm owner... if a wrx or anyone else revs on me on the street i usually just give thumbs up and don't street race. i dont believe in it after seeing too many accidents from friends and such. but the times i do run, im nice to whoever beats or loses to me. im on stock turbo and run a 13.8 with 126k miles
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Re: Re: Re: What's with Eclipse guys?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scoobyseller
    [B]
    Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    sleeper

I'd second that
    I know a guy with a DSM that runs low 11's and he's got those spinner hub caps just so people feel even dumber when they lose
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast