What's with Eclipse guys? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's with Eclipse guys? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by uke Hey! I resemble that remark ! So...who wins?...

Originally posted by uke
    Hey! I resemble that remark !

So...who wins?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You never know what your going to get into racing an Eclipse.

I got beat buy a very stock looking one in my Stage 4 WRX.

Two days ago a guy with a very modded looking Eclipse - large front mount IC, exhaust etc , raced my STi. I pulled him hard racing from a 4th gear roll.

same problem here, every eclipse i see revs at me and shows me their blow off valve. i could care less how loud it blows off

no disrespect to those of you with Mitsu's - it just seems that every Eclipse I come across wants to race (there's no doubt in my mind that some of them would dust me).

I've got a decently modified 95 GSX and I'd like to think of myself as a nice guy. I hardly rev on people and only run when I feel I've been called out. Of course my car looks pretty much stock (down to the factory wheels) with the exception of the big FMIC. I've yet to lose to a WRX and I destroy my friend's built, FP Green WRX all the time.
    95 GSX - GT30R

Originally posted by HighPsiAwd
    I destroy my friend's built, FP Green WRX all the time.
    Youre car sounds cool. Sleepers are the ****, they are anti-rice. All power, no show. But, I think your friends wrx need a checkup or somthing. Is the trans built? No race gas? What gives.
    I created my avatar.

Thumbs up

He is around 290-300 at the wheels. It is a stock tranny and a built bottom end. He runs it on 19psi but his ecu cuts it to 17psi on freeway rolls but not from a stop - I think he needs a reflash. I'm on 21-22 psi all the time now (on cenex 94 octane) His turbo is def. bigger than mine but the tuning is not there yet
    95 GSX - GT30R

I sold my '98 GST because I didn't want a Subaru to kick my a$$.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

"I sold my '98 GST because I didn't want a Subaru to kick my a$$."

---> same here...dumped the '95 Tsi. Besides, the damn thing never ran...that was a major reason I went with the WRX instead of an EVO.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    He is around 290-300 at the wheels. It is a stock tranny and a built bottom end. He runs it on 19psi but his ecu cuts it to 17psi on freeway rolls but not from a stop - I think he needs a reflash. I'm on 21-22 psi all the time now (on cenex 94 octane) His turbo is def. bigger than mine but the tuning is not there yet
    Is he running a Green with the stock ECU? That would be pretty dumb.

i'm from a small town in connecticut, and we have ALOT of rice but come to think about it alot of pretty quick cars, group of DSM kids with cars in the 11-12range. Pruven Performance is located in my town (they work on alot of rex's). anyway this kid has a 2en Gen??? Eclipse turbo AWD with hubcabs, highly modded and everyone ****s with him its great hes a cool guy, i think your talking more or less about rice car drivers i know its a sterotype but i think kids honestly think if they do a wing and body kit it makes they're car go faster. I've been Rev'ed at so many times its sad. i remember a civic revving and launching, while i'm there just pulling away like i would from any green light and still killed it by like 6-7 cars...sad

guys drive eclips's?!?!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    early DSM's are teh win.
    Gotta love em. Especially the sleepers cuz sleepers are the ****. It'd be nice to have a sleeper rex, but that might b difficult.
    "Wait this is butter yellow. Therefore I'll call it the Smoov Mobilie because it's as smooth as butter."

I've got a decently modified 95 GSX and I'd like to think of myself as a nice guy. I hardly rev on people and only run when I feel I've been called out. Of course my car looks pretty much stock (down to the factory wheels) with the exception of the big FMIC. I've yet to lose to a WRX and I destroy my friend's built, FP Green WRX all the time.
    Your friend needs to get his car tuned.

*Edit* Saw your second post. I see you agree! :P
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I have always loved dsm's. Before i bought the WRX, i was looking for a GSX, but heard too many times that they are very high maintaince, especially the crankwalk issue. Crankwalk is not as common as it seems, the dsm forums just make it seem very common, but.... for the money they cost and to mod, they are fast! But this is just my .02
    JT
    2006 OBP STI
    WANTING STI trunk/lid for my WRX trunk and lid!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.