98 mustang cobra vs 02 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 98 mustang cobra vs 02 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok this is pretty funny. I pull up to a light last night and a cobra pulled right next to ...

98 mustang cobra vs 02 WRX

ok this is pretty funny. I pull up to a light last night and a cobra pulled right next to me, i gave him a little rev and he started to laugh. when the light turn green i dropped the clutch at 6000 rpm and got an easy two car lenth then at the end of 2nd hes about 4 cars back then when i let off the gas at 75 he was prob 6 or 7 cars back then he pulled next to me at the light asked me what i had, i told him TOP SECRET hehe he was looking at his car like "what is wrong with this?" but then gave me a thumbs up which was cool.
    02 wrx Aspen white
    mods:
    stealth appearence
    VF22 upgraded turbo
    AEM CAI
    blow off valve
    piggyback unichip
    MRT innercooler
    slicone inlet hose from innercooler
    17.5 psi
    uppipe
    3"downpipe catless
    bigger pullies
    got it tunned
    Blitz digital turbo timer
    and an 3 pod gauge cluster with autometer boost, oil temp, oil pressure

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice Kill

Always good to hear about an (cobra, SVT, WHATEVER!) getting schooled. Especially by a 'sleeper.'

Nicely done.

FACTION
    Last edited by FACTION; 06-20-2002 at 08:34 AM.
    /:

sounds like you could definitely take an SVT also, but this was a regular Cobra, correct? nice kill... it puts a smile on my face...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

He wasn't racing. You were.

about an (cobra not SVT) getting schooled
    All Cobras are SVT's. With the exceptions being the mid 60's Cobra roadsters and the Mustang II's with Cobra badging.
    97 Cobra
    00 Wrangler
    83 Girlfriend - will trade for WRX

DOHCtor--
    yeah i thought there was a difference, but really have no idea. do you mind explaining the Cobra SVT thing a bit? hopefully i'm not the only one here that will learn from it... what does SVT stand for? what kind of numbers does it put out? etc... thanks a bunch
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Ford Special Vehicles Team (SVT) is the group of engineers at Ford that gets to have too much fun. They are responsible for the Mustang Cobra, F-150 Lighting, Contour SVT, and Focus SVT.

-Jim

Hey SVT THIS you have a pretty modded out scooby! What are you running for 1/4mi. times??
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Platinum pretty much nailed it. Much like a M series BMW, an AMG Mercedes, or an STi it's an in house tuned version. In one of the previous issues of MM&FF they swapped the blower on a Lightning from the stock Eaton to an Autorotor from Kenne Bell and did minor mods besides and produced 520+ hp. I'm just hoping the new Cobra has as much potential. Rumors I've been hearing state that swapping in a Lightning pulley and an exhaust system really wake the car up. We'll see, I'm going to Maple Grove tomorrow and Sunday hopefully I'll see one run. On a side note the local Subie dealer just got 2 new WRX's in WR Blue and a silver. I'm really fighting the urge to go look at the WR Blue one.
    97 Cobra
    00 Wrangler

Go for it dude, you wont be disappointed.

FACTION
    /:

Originally posted by DOHCtor_C
    Platinum pretty much nailed it. Much like a M series BMW, an AMG Mercedes, or an STi it's an in house tuned version. In one of the previous issues of MM&FF they swapped the blower on a Lightning from the stock Eaton to an Autorotor from Kenne Bell and did minor mods besides and produced 520+ hp. I'm just hoping the new Cobra has as much potential. Rumors I've been hearing state that swapping in a Lightning pulley and an exhaust system really wake the car up. We'll see, I'm going to Maple Grove tomorrow and Sunday hopefully I'll see one run. On a side note the local Subie dealer just got 2 new WRX's in WR Blue and a silver. I'm really fighting the urge to go look at the WR Blue one.
    DOHCtor_C, what's your Cobra run?

A friend of mine had a Kenne Bell Supercharge on his 98 Cobra. 475HP Viper eater!

Test drive a WRX and remember, it's soooooooo much faster with a few mods!

-Jim

DOHCtor_C, what's your Cobra run?
    I haven't run it yet, my friends and I go to the track a good bit but I still haven't run it. It's totally stock right down to the airfilter, I only have 9000 miles on it. I've already made up my mind that I will have a WRX sooner or later, I have to finish paying off my Jeep first then I'll be able to afford it.
    97 Cobra
    00 Wrangler

I just read last night in my May Popular Mechanics (yeah, I know, I'm way behind) that the new Saleen Mustang is pushing around 450 hp with similar torque numbers! Of course, they said it'd cost you about $50K, I believe. I little nuts if you ask me, but pretty impressive numbers. Oh, they said 1/4 mile in under 13 sec.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

i actually ran my car yesterdy at LACR (Los Angeles County Raceway) it was at the NOPI finals and i ran in a bracket i got a 12.95 and that was at a 98 degree weather so hopefully i can run a mid to low 12's at Pomona Raceway with a lower altitude i will keep you guys posted
    02 wrx Aspen white
    mods:
    stealth appearence
    VF22 upgraded turbo
    AEM CAI
    blow off valve
    piggyback unichip
    MRT innercooler
    slicone inlet hose from innercooler
    17.5 psi
    uppipe
    3"downpipe catless
    bigger pullies
    got it tunned
    Blitz digital turbo timer
    and an 3 pod gauge cluster with autometer boost, oil temp, oil pressure

Originally posted by SVT THIS
    i actually ran my car yesterdy at LACR (Los Angeles County Raceway) it was at the NOPI finals and i ran in a bracket i got a 12.95 and that was at a 98 degree weather so hopefully i can run a mid to low 12's at Pomona Raceway with a lower altitude i will keep you guys posted
    Nice times, real nice. Are you running the stock wheels and tires? Just curious.

-FACTION
    /:

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.