WRX vs Honda Hatch? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Honda Hatch? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a run with my buddies 93 hatch, GSR swap, skunk2 intake mani, skunk2 stage 2 cams, built head ...

I had a run with my buddies 93 hatch, GSR swap, skunk2 intake mani, skunk2 stage 2 cams, built head w/ springs valves retainers blah blah blah, JDM 4-1 header, intake and catback with highflow. We raced from a roll..2nd gear, by the end of third he had about 4 cars on me. I was stock! Don't underestamate swaped hatches!
    2006 OBP STI
    WANTING STI trunk/lid for my WRX trunk and lid!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't worry from a stop, but from a roll a swapped hatch has a chance, particularly a 1.8l vtec swap.

I drive a GSR hatch and the best 0-60 I've gotten is 5.7. The WRX is supposed to do what...5.4? Launches definitely arent my car's forte though. Dropping to 3rd and deep into vtec and IAB at 75mph, however, is.
    If anybody is in the Thousand Oaks or Woodland Hills area and wants to try it out I'd like to see what really happens.

My powerplant is essentially stock (CAI and 2.25" cat-back) so it would be a good baseline comparison against a fairly stock WRX.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

t

Re: WRX vs Honda Hatch?

Originally posted by MengHang
    How would a 02 WRX with intake/full turbo back/boot controller go against

a Honda Hatchback (90's) with only intake, exhaust, fuel rail, and Swapped b16 engine?

I know a TXS stage 2 will beat it, but will my modes fair??
    It will get murdered....the only way a honda motor really comes close is if its turboed so your comparing modded to stock which is pointless because any vehicle modded or swapped can be faster than a stock car that is faster

- not knocking Honda either some of the best made cars IMO -

my co worker has an eg hatch w/ b16, intake, header, cams and hondata; the car was gutted to hell and w/ slicks he pulles 13.8 up here in the mile high. on another note hondas arent nothin to look down upon because like me you might come to one and git walked by 8 car lengths (by the way, ive seen this honda pull 10.9s at test n tune) no bitterness here

I raced a crx with a b16. It had a spoon ecu, intake, exhaust, s-afc, drag setup suspension and a lsd with an upgraded clutch. He also had a 9000rpm redline and had been calling cars out to race all night. I am sure that the crx is a few HUNDRED lbs lighter than a hatch. Anyways from a 40mph roll I pulled all over him at least 3 cars by the top of third. He couldn't accept the defeat so he wanted to run again but from a stop. I don't know why he wanted go from a stop but I walked him real bad this time in front of a VW enthusiast meet. All in all the car was quick, I say you should not have a problem. My car has the same mods as you listed. I ran a 13.1@101.5 at the track FYI.
    2004 psm WRX

you gotta watch those hondas man serioulsy i know a guy who is in the 11 sec club with 2 allmotor hondas and in the low 12s with anther one all motor he is str8 baller he betas pretty much anything on the street he said his crx only weighs about 1800
    if its not fast it better be a show car

I raced a crx with a b16. It had a spoon ecu, intake, exhaust, s-afc, drag setup suspension and a lsd with an upgraded clutch
    that set up is good for low 14's on street tires in a crx if he can drive good. you run 13.1 not much a challange for you

A friend of mine has a 98 hatch with a B20 being built as we speak, he has a Turbonetics T66 t4/t4, the car is just about done, just waiting on the motor to be finished, car has a 99 SI front end, 18in Volks, Tein's, and a nice black roll cage, can't wait to post some video on here.

By the way, i'm making the switch back to honda to build a hatch of my own, all motor though.

steve
    2002 SRP WRX Sold .......i need another wrx
    13.3 @99mph with a mbc

03 Honda Element
    1992 Civic hb W/B20 SOLD

WRX easily. That setup in a hatch is only good for mid-high 14's.
    '05 Obsidian Black STi (my dream has come true)
    '93 SE-R (JDM SR20DE waiting...)
    '69 Camaro SS (project car)

This scenario - WRX all the way....

I had 240 to the ground proven graph... I called out a hatchback that was blowing off... Yeah turbo - Needless to say I got my ass kicked... I kind of missed 2nd and he beat me by only 4 car lengths or so - So I called him out again later and he wouldnt run..

Hondas can be fast - Be weary of the rusty looking ones with drivers wearing a goodwrench hats. or shirts with their name embroidred BUD.. LOL

Originally posted by 300whp02

Hondas can be fast - Be weary of the rusty looking ones with drivers wearing a goodwrench hats. or shirts with their name embroidred BUD.. LOL
    I used to own a '00 ITR and then I built up a '92 Civic hatch with a GSR swap. I liked both cars a lot. Too bad modified Hondas seem to have a ****ty image.
    '05 Obsidian Black STi (my dream has come true)
    '93 SE-R (JDM SR20DE waiting...)
    '69 Camaro SS (project car)

Originally posted by WRXRATED7
    I used to own a '00 ITR and then I built up a '92 Civic hatch with a GSR swap. I liked both cars a lot. Too bad modified Hondas seem to have a ****ty image.
    i agree. I really like my modded GSR. although i would rather have a rex, its still a great car. good power, quick revs, and handles with the best of em.
    they truley are awesome cars when done the right way.

Hondas are great but severely limited. I find myself saying things like
    "That's pretty good for 1.6 Liters"
    or
    "That's pretty good for N/A"
    or
    "That's pretty good for FWD"

Why not just cut to the chase and get displacement, 4wd and a turbo right out of the box??
    There are just so many restrictive strings on a Honda. They're great cars for what they are...but "what they are" is less than what a wrx is.

Originally posted by scottigee
    Hondas are great but severely limited. I find myself saying things like
    "That's pretty good for 1.6 Liters"
    or
    "That's pretty good for N/A"
    or
    "That's pretty good for FWD"

Why not just cut to the chase and get displacement, 4wd and a turbo right out of the box??
    There are just so many restrictive strings on a Honda. They're great cars for what they are...but "what they are" is less than what a wrx is.
    "cut to the chase and get displacement" ??

wrx only has 2.0L which is only .2L more than a b18 honda.
    and they are not severly limited at all. there are several motor swaps out there, and several more turbo upgrades. and considering most weigh under 2500lbs their potential is almost "unlimited" and higher than many cars.

take a civic hatch, throw a used b18C1 in there (gsr engine) with a t/3 t/4 turbo and supporting mods. you have yourself a 12sec street car and an 11 sec on slicks. when you start getting really deep into heavy mods, a civic hatch of something has more potential than a wrx.

you're preaching to the choir buddy; I drive a GSR Civic and I"m telling you that if you're going that deep into your wallet on mods you're better off putting the power to 4 wheels instead of the fronts and on an engine built for boost.
    If it wasn't true I'd be driving an 11s hatch right now. It just isn't the ideal platform to work on. It has its plusses....but the rex has it beat hands down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast