2002 WRX stock VS. 2002 Altima 3.5SE who would win?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX stock VS. 2002 Altima 3.5SE who would win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought my WRX earlier this month and already i'm past the 1000 mile break in my friend is planning ...

2002 WRX stock VS. 2002 Altima 3.5SE who would win?

I bought my WRX earlier this month and already i'm past the 1000 mile break in my friend is planning on getting a new altima later the year and wants to race. Who do you think will win? Both will be manual.
    The Left lane is for those going faster then YOU!!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it will depend on the driver. By the numbers, the WRX is faster. IT is not fast enough however to simply run away from the altima. If you are equal drivers and have equally good runs, you should win. If you have a bad run though, he could take you.

my guess is that from a stop you'll take the Altima, but from a roll at higher speeds you wont be able to keep up. be sure to let us know the outcome when you find out in person
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

no question

You wont walk away from one, but you will definatly beat one. Those things are tanks, and they are FWD. A stock WRX will have no problem with one of those. I say race him, bet him some money too 'cause your gonna win.

FACTION
    /:

Re: no question

Originally posted by FACTION
    You wont walk away from one, but you will definatly beat one. Those things are tanks, and they are FWD. A stock WRX will have no problem with one of those. I say race him, bet him some money too 'cause your gonna win.

FACTION
    I have a feeling you will lose a lot of races

you think so?

What makes you think that?

FACTION
    /:

Re: you think so?

What makes you think that?

FACTION
    You think that a car that is close in performance will not have a chance against a WRX. There are so many factors, that a car close in performance can easily win. Driver skill alone could give a win to an Altima. DO NOT race by numbers alone. The Altima is a formidable foe and can and most likely will take out some WRX's.

I agree with you, to a point

You are right. A really good driver in an Altima racing an O.K. driver in a WRX might win. But to say that it is a 'formidable foe'?

Two words "Family Sedan."

But to each thier own. Se La vie

FACTION
    /:

Re: I agree with you, to a point

You are right. A really good driver in an Altima racing an O.K. driver in a WRX might win. But to say that it is a 'formidable foe'?

Two words "Family Sedan."

But to each thier own. Se La vie

FACTION
    You are right, to each their own. How about a Mercedes AMG E55? Maybe a BMW M5? Heck, how about a mid 90's Chevy Impala? The fact that a car is a "family sedan" does not illiminate it altogether. I don't particularly like the look of the new altima yet, but then again, it took a while for the WRX to grow on me. I do agree with you though, to each their own.

Re: Re: I agree with you, to a point

Originally posted by 2001S4

You are right, to each their own. How about a Mercedes AMG E55? Maybe a BMW M5? Heck, how about a mid 90's Chevy Impala? The fact that a car is a "family sedan" does not illiminate it altogether. I don't particularly like the look of the new altima yet, but then again, it took a while for the WRX to grow on me. I do agree with you though, to each their own.
    Come on AMG E55 or an M5!??!! Yeah they have four doors but they are not family sedans. THEY ARE SPORTS CARS! Thats saying your car is a 'family sedan.' And I am not ruling them out but the cars you listed and the one you drive do not even compare(to an altima). They are on a completely different level. Thats like comparing RSX's to E46 M3's, well they both have two doors!

Come on bro lets play nice. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Se la vie

FACTION
    EDIT: grammer
    /:

Re: Re: Re: I agree with you, to a point

Come on AMG E55 or an M5!??!! Yeah they have four doors but they are not family sedans. THEY ARE SPORTS CARS! Thats saying your car is a 'family sedan.' And I am not ruling them out but the cars you listed and the one you drive do not even compare. They are on a completely different level. Thats like comparing RSX's to E46 M3's, well they both have two doors!

Come on bro lets play nice. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Se la vie

FACTION
    You're right, they are in a different league. However, any car with that much space is a family sedan in my eyes. Especially the E55. Any car that ONLY is offered in automatic tranny is not a sports car, sorry. Furthermore, what does the fact that the Altima is classified as a family sedan have to do with the fact that it can compete with a WRX? People compare the WRX to the RSX. That car is in a completely different class. Two doors coupe, FWD, N/A. It is not a rally car. The comparison is made however. What makes it any different?

yawn.........

SE LA VIE

"What will be, will be"

FACTION
    /:

i play nice, but i dont agree with you faction. fwd wont matter if you start the race from 30 or 40 mph. like i said earlier, it will matter what kind of race it is-- from a roll or from a dead stop. i'm sure the altima is better on top end, but not from a stop. and i'm still playing nice, but i think it is "c'est la vie" (that's life).
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Could be, I would have to brush up on the french, its been awhile.
    I was speaking from a dead stop. Not in terms of a rolling start.

FACTION

P.S. My spelling is wrong, and it translates to "Life is like that."
    Last edited by FACTION; 06-19-2002 at 06:59 PM.
    /:

I was speaking from a dead stop. Not in terms of a rolling start.
    FACTION
    Races happen from a stop and a roll, so there are different circumstances there. Even from a stop, it is possible for an Altima to win. A WRX is easy to bog (same with my car). If you do not get a good launch, all your advantages of AWD are gone and the Altima with a close enough 1/4 mile time will most likely be ahead of you (unless he spins the tires. See so many factors). My biggest point really is that you can not say never. There are a lot of factors and the Altima is indeed a powerful car that is not much slower than a WRX.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.