2002 WRX stock VS. 2002 Altima 3.5SE who would win? - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX stock VS. 2002 Altima 3.5SE who would win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I epecially like it when 2001S4 goes to other fourms and defends the WRX. He's a good man with a ...

I epecially like it when 2001S4 goes to other fourms and defends the WRX. He's a good man with a very level head.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude this is getting ridiculous. I am not posting in this thread again.

FACTION

Like your moms panties on a Friday night, I'm off!
    /:

Talking the race

i'd put my money on the wrx.....every time
    2002 Blue WRX
    -STi short shifter
    -BPM GT Turbo Back Exhaust
    -AEM short ram
    1969 Chevelle SS

Originally posted by Verdugo
    I'd just like to point out though, as a regular, frequent poster on here...2001S4 is one of the most level-headed, unbiased, non-WRX owners who post here (just like Tan). I really appreciate the fact that he can share his insight on here and I've learned a lot more about S4s than I ever did, partly due to his posts. If you read any of his past posts, he does not bring an "S4 is the best car in the world' attitude whatsoever. I'm glad he visits us as often as he does.

My $0.02...
    I epecially like it when 2001S4 goes to other fourms and defends the WRX. He's a good man with a very level head.
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate your support. I was starting to think the whole world was against me . You have renewed my faith.

This thread has gone to complete sh|t and I'm going to close it soon, but I wanted to add.

The WRX is faster on paper. The Altima 3.5 is a wicked-fast family hauler. The WRX can be made a great deal faster cheaply. The Altima is really fast enough the way it is.

This doesn't change the fact that ANYTHING can happen at the light. The WRX might bog badly, either driver could miss a shift.

OR...

The Altima could have a blue bottle in the trunk and smoke your ass with a 50 shot.

Sorry guys, but your really never know.

-Jim

Re: I agree with you, to a point

Originally posted by FACTION
    You are right. A really good driver in an Altima racing an O.K. driver in a WRX might win. But to say that it is a 'formidable foe'?

Two words "Family Sedan."

But to each thier own. Se La vie

FACTION
    where do you live? I'll race your WRX in my "Family Sedan" and we can post the results here if you want

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    This thread has gone to complete sh|t and I'm going to close it soon, but I wanted to add.

The WRX is faster on paper. The Altima 3.5 is a wicked-fast family hauler. The WRX can be made a great deal faster cheaply. The Altima is really fast enough the way it is.

This doesn't change the fact that ANYTHING can happen at the light. The WRX might bog badly, either driver could miss a shift.

OR...

The Altima could have a blue bottle in the trunk and smoke your ass with a 50 shot.

-Jim
    That is all I was getting at in the first place. Thanks for agreeing platinum

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

OR...

-Jim
    I've played with quite a few WRX's around here and you're right, you never know. People think my car is too heavy to kick some ass but they get suprised. The fact is if you're racing from light to light or just from a stand still, if you don't get a good launch you lose all advantages of AWD in a race situation.

Plus my 1-2 shift in autoshift is a lot faster than in a manual.

I didn't register here to flame or fight but if that guy is local, I would make him rethink his cocky attitude.

so......if i was a betting man.....are you saying that if my dinky wrx pulled up to a Lingenfelter Corvette I should not put my money on the corvette handing me my ass on a silver platter just because anything can happen. Sorry even if he blew all four tires, droped his trasmission, lost a cylinder, and ran out of gas at the same time right off the line, i still think he could coast to the victory.
    I am just kidding that would never happen (for those who take things too literally). Instead of thinking what might happen, think what probably will happen.

my $2.39
    2002 Blue WRX
    -STi short shifter
    -BPM GT Turbo Back Exhaust
    -AEM short ram
    1969 Chevelle SS

Re: no question

You wont walk away from one, but you will definatly beat one. Those things are tanks, and they are FWD. A stock WRX will have no problem with one of those. I say race him, bet him some money too 'cause your gonna win.

FACTION
    Damn you people are thick headed. I said STOCK. 50 shot, CAI, whatever, stock vs stock, my money is on my car. EVERYTIME.

FACTION

Like a fat girl in dodgeball, I'm out.

Do us all a favor and close this thread.
    /:

Originally posted by 69ChevelleMan
    so......if i was a betting man.....are you saying that if my dinky wrx pulled up to a Lingenfelter Corvette I should not put my money on the corvette handing me my ass on a silver platter just because anything can happen. Sorry even if he blew all four tires, droped his trasmission, lost a cylinder, and ran out of gas at the same time right off the line, i still think he could coast to the victory.
    I am just kidding that would never happen (for those who take things too literally). Instead of thinking what might happen, think what probably will happen.

my $2.39
    the point of most of the posts in here is

"there is no such thing as a "sure thing"

why does everyone have such a hard time understanding that?

Plus, you're talking apples/oranges, we're talking about people "magazine racing" and generalizing "family sedans" are slower because they're bigger. We're talking about 2 cars with comparable numbers and that there is no sure winner expecially when tallking FWD vs AWD in a launch. When 2 cars are that close in numbers it comes down to driver skill.

Remember, the WRX numbers are listed with professionals driving and in the case of the WRX, dropping at RPM's that normal owners would never do if they plan on keeping the car.

Just trying to keep things level here. You're post sounds like your looking to start an arguement where there isn't one- especially if you read the whole thread and think for a minute what is being discussed.

Re: Re: no question

Damn you people are thick headed. I said STOCK. 50 shot, CAI, whatever, stock vs stock, my money is on my car. EVERYTIME.

FACTION

Like a fat girl in dodgeball, I'm out.

Do us all a favor and close this thread.
    this topic had a semi-decent conversation going on here until you started posting again, it should be kept open and you should be locked out of it since you add nothing but immature babbling and childish one-liners.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by 2000TL

the point of most of the posts in here is

"there is no such thing as a "sure thing"

why does everyone have such a hard time understanding that?

Plus, you're talking apples/oranges, we're talking about people "magazine racing" and generalizing "family sedans" are slower because they're bigger. We're talking about 2 cars with comparable numbers and that there is no sure winner expecially when tallking FWD vs AWD in a launch. When 2 cars are that close in numbers it comes down to driver skill.

Remember, the WRX numbers are listed with professionals driving and in the case of the WRX, dropping at RPM's that normal owners would never do if they plan on keeping the car.

Just trying to keep things level here. You're post sounds like your looking to start an arguement where there isn't one- especially if you read the whole thread and think for a minute what is being discussed.
    That about sums this up nicely.

Moving pointer over to the lower right hand corner.

Hasta la vista, stupid thread.

-Jim

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.