2002 WRX stock VS. 2002 Altima 3.5SE who would win? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX stock VS. 2002 Altima 3.5SE who would win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A little clarification never hurt anyone! What a way to welcome me to this forum! FACTION...

Clarification

A little clarification never hurt anyone! What a way to welcome me to this forum!

FACTION
    /:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My best friend has an altima 3.5SE, but its an auto. I've driven it and its pretty dead under ~35 mph or so. We've never run, but I'm pretty damn sure that over about 70mph the altima will take the wrx, even the auto, but up to 70, my manual wrx will annihilate his Altima.

faction-- welcome to the forum! glad to have you here... i'm pretty sure "c'est la vie" means "thats life," it is pretty much a direct translation. i guess in the end it all gets across the same idea though...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Good to hear

Isnt it funny how tow different people could have two different translations of the same phrase, but yet the meaning is exactly the same?

FACTION
    /:

I hate magazine racing, but this is the only way to compare cars in this type of conversation.
    Altima 3.5SE manual can do 0-60 in 6.3 and 1/4 quarter in 14.7 (it also traps in at 97mph, compare to WRX's 96mph.) Which means they WILL pull on the wrx at higher speed. Driver will factor into this equation greatly. So I say, practice or get mods.

Originally posted by jk147
    I hate magazine racing, but this is the only way to compare cars in this type of conversation.
    Altima 3.5SE manual can do 0-60 in 6.3 and 1/4 quarter in 14.7 (it also traps in at 97mph, compare to WRX's 96mph.) Which means they WILL pull on the wrx at higher speed. Driver will factor into this equation greatly. So I say, practice or get mods.
    I feel the same way about magazine racing, but some times, that is all you have to go on.

FACTION
    /:

Re: I agree with you, to a point

Originally posted by FACTION
    You are right. A really good driver in an Altima racing an O.K. driver in a WRX might win. But to say that it is a 'formidable foe'?

Two words "Family Sedan."

But to each thier own. Se La vie

FACTION
    How about 'sport sedan'?That is the way I have always viewed them.If family sedan is used by those manufacturers,they're trying to help the guy whose wife won't let him buy a 'sport' or 'sporty' car .Great way to target the consumer.The altima though does strike me as being merely an import family sedan.It is most intriguing to see that it has that much capability.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

jk147 was is meant by trapping? like you mentioned in an ealier post about the Altima is trapped at 97 and the WRX is at 96. What do you guys think about the Acura CL. I heard the altima and the CL have very similar numbers. My friend has one and it's pretty fast, but I know I could take him off the line, but for high way racing forget it. He has alot of high end torque, 260 hp!

Thanks,
    WR Blue Perl WRX

str
    Yeah, that Altima has some serious power. I think it would be close.

Well first let me clarify about the race we are going to a track and racing from a dead stop. I'm new to stick shift and have never raced before and the altima he has is stick shift. I think it will depend on my start from the line and it will also depend on his shifter since the WRX already has a short throw compared to an Altima. Both will be stock except for new 18" rims and tires he already bought for the car. I let him try out my car and he loved it and was having second thoughts about getting the altima but decided that he would rather have the V6 then a turbo. I don't want to do any upgrades since I'm leasing the car rather then buying right now.

As far as from a roll he will win probably since he has a V6 and that can get more top end acceleration then any 4 cly even if it is turbo (NOS might change that).
    Also the altima hp is rated wrong because it has the exact same engine as a maxima and on the dyno apparently comes out with the same numbers. I think an interesting race would be a CL-s vs Altima SE with both having stick shifts.
    The Left lane is for those going faster then YOU!!!

My .02

I think you will win. To be honest I dont like to race people from a rolling start. I prefer from a dead stop to the speed limit, or little over . Once you have them off the line and you are approaching UNSAFE speeds on the street. Then its over. NO need to endanger other people.

Good to hear you are doing it on the track also. It is the best place. Make sure to let us know how it goes.

FYI: If he has those 18's on at the track, it will definatly slow him down.

FACTION
    /:

I'll bring a camera and tape it and get it on the computer so you guys can see. I'll probably race a few other cars that night also like my friends camaro and one of my friends mustangs (should kill me he has lots of mods).

The race I really can't wait for is against my friends probe cause even if I screw up the start I should still beat him easily.

Any advise on how to launch would be great.

Thanks for you comments everyone.
    The Left lane is for those going faster then YOU!!!

slip the clutch

Rev the engine up to 4-4500 RPMS, When the second yellow hits(track), slip the clutch and gun it. You should take off like a rocket if you do it right. It takes practice though, a lot of it. And make sure you are not holding the clutch in too long you car will smell like $hit and your clutch will suffer.

FACTION
    /:

Re: Re: I agree with you, to a point

Originally posted by subaruman

How about 'sport sedan'?That is the way I have always viewed them.If family sedan is used by those manufacturers,they're trying to help the guy whose wife won't let him buy a 'sport' or 'sporty' car .Great way to target the consumer.The altima though does strike me as being merely an import family sedan.It is most intriguing to see that it has that much capability.
    I guess the WRX world is smaller than I thought. I know you from the VIVID forums. Can you guess who it is?

FACTION
    /:

Faction - Welcome to the club!

You might like to consider putting your modifications in the appropriate sticky thread in the Engine Performance forum, which will allow you to trim down your signature as has become ClubWRX etiquette.

The thread is here:
    Comprehensive WRX Modification List

-Pace

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast