STi vs. EVO

This is a discussion on STi vs. EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The now classic rivalry. My car having only a Blitz SUS intake. The EVO had turbo-back exhaust, intake, SAFC (dyno ...

STi vs. EVO

The now classic rivalry.

My car having only a Blitz SUS intake.

The EVO had turbo-back exhaust, intake, SAFC (dyno tuned), BOV and a couple extra pounds of boost. The driver only admitted to being dyno tuned, he denied any mods. The night before a friend of his told me his mods and, although he didn't pop the hood, most were pretty obvious.

First, a few runs on the highway from a roll. We did 4 or 5 runs going from rolls between 20 - 50mph. I beat him by at least a car every time. We'd run up to around 125 or so.

Next we went twice from a standing start. The first run I let the clutch fly at approx 4000 rpm. He pulled one car lenght right out of the hole. After 2nd gear, I started pulling him back in. We shut off a little short of a 1/4 mile and he was still half a car ahead. The second run I launched at 5000 rpm and he pulled out half a car on me. As I was reeling him in, he missed 4th.

In conclusion, I was pretty happy considering his mods. I was surprised I took him on the roll. I suppose I could of launched at 5500 or 6000 and probably would have gotten an even launch but I just didn't want to do that.

A Godspeed Downpipe is on the way and I have an MBC sitting in the garage waiting, then I'll be looking him up again .
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice runs with two great cars! I still don't understand why some people lie about their mods.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

Nice
    Pretty impressive scince you are 99.9 % stock and he had quite a few mods.

good one... you STI guys are the only street rivals us EVO owners have.... i have yet to run one but i can't wait ...good job.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

good race, he's gonna need an ecu flash before he'll beat ya
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS