STi vs. EVO
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STi vs. EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The now classic rivalry. My car having only a Blitz SUS intake. The EVO had turbo-back exhaust, intake, SAFC (dyno ...

STi vs. EVO

The now classic rivalry.

My car having only a Blitz SUS intake.

The EVO had turbo-back exhaust, intake, SAFC (dyno tuned), BOV and a couple extra pounds of boost. The driver only admitted to being dyno tuned, he denied any mods. The night before a friend of his told me his mods and, although he didn't pop the hood, most were pretty obvious.

First, a few runs on the highway from a roll. We did 4 or 5 runs going from rolls between 20 - 50mph. I beat him by at least a car every time. We'd run up to around 125 or so.

Next we went twice from a standing start. The first run I let the clutch fly at approx 4000 rpm. He pulled one car lenght right out of the hole. After 2nd gear, I started pulling him back in. We shut off a little short of a 1/4 mile and he was still half a car ahead. The second run I launched at 5000 rpm and he pulled out half a car on me. As I was reeling him in, he missed 4th.

In conclusion, I was pretty happy considering his mods. I was surprised I took him on the roll. I suppose I could of launched at 5500 or 6000 and probably would have gotten an even launch but I just didn't want to do that.

A Godspeed Downpipe is on the way and I have an MBC sitting in the garage waiting, then I'll be looking him up again .
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice runs with two great cars! I still don't understand why some people lie about their mods.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

Nice
    Pretty impressive scince you are 99.9 % stock and he had quite a few mods.

good one... you STI guys are the only street rivals us EVO owners have.... i have yet to run one but i can't wait ...good job.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

good race, he's gonna need an ecu flash before he'll beat ya
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.