Mercedes e55 Kompressor
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mercedes e55 Kompressor within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I didn't know these things existed, but the other night while I was driving home, a slick looking silver sedan ...

Mercedes e55 Kompressor

I didn't know these things existed, but the other night while I was driving home, a slick looking silver sedan passes me by while I've got the cruise on about 85. The road was deserted, so I caught up with him close enough to read the badges on the car, and sure enough it was an e55 Kompressor. Anyway, we got a long deserted straight and he let it rip, I kept up until about 120ish when he started to pull away, and by the time I hit 130 he was pulling away as if I were dragging a ton of bricks behind me. I let off and let him go, but It was kindof cool to hang with him for a while, even though he was probably giving it just enough to keep ahead of me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    is the "kompressor" badging just another designation for the e55, or is it a faster model? cause it seems like something like slk kompressor, htat was just its official name. i've only heard of the e55 as just that, no extra wording

maybe he just added "kompressor" to make it look cool
    hehe, u never know - my friend drives an ML320 and he added AMG badging so it says "ML 320 AMG"

^ Euro-rice?

btw at 130 the wrx tops out cause of gearing - e55 is electronically limited to 155mph
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Kompressor is Mercedes wording for Supercharger. I have not heard of a E55 Kompressor. I am pretty sure they are Normally Aspirated, but not positive that there is no Kompressor. The E55 is a REALLY fast car. It competes with cars the likes of the M5. If that car came in manual, BMW would lose some sales to it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Kompressor is Mercedes wording for Supercharger. I have not heard of a E55 Kompressor. I am pretty sure they are Normally Aspirated, but not positive that there is no Kompressor. The E55 is a REALLY fast car. It competes with cars the likes of the M5. If that car came in manual, BMW would lose some sales to it.

WHY WON'T MERCEDES give their performance cars a manual trans option???? is it b/c of tradition something? or is it b/c to do so would involve too much redesigning n costs? WHY??? they would have so many more customers if they did
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by Penguinking

WHY WON'T MERCEDES give their performance cars a manual trans option???? is it b/c of tradition something? or is it b/c to do so would involve too much redesigning n costs? WHY??? they would have so many more customers if they did
    I know what you mean. The AMG cars are beautiful. They are classy, sporty, really powerful. If they came with manual trannies, I bet people would be buying these things up instead of being put on waiting lists for M3's and M5's.

^ Euro-rice?
    Actually, you're right, to some degree. I like to call German rice "Kraut" seems a little more appropriate

To answer your question though, there certainly is no E55 Kompressor, the only Kompressor models are the C230 sports coupe, and the SLK 230. Kompressor refers to Mercedes supercharged I-4 engine, which puts out 192hp. Well, 192 aint bad for a 4, but an E55 makes 349 out of a V8, so why somebody would slap a Kompressor sticker on an E55 beats me. Chances are, it's an E320 with both Krauted badges on it . I say this for two reasons:

1) Nobody with an E55 krauts out their car.
    2) If it were an E55, there's no way you could ever dream of keeping up with it to 120. The E55 will pull on a rex from a dead stop, and at 65+ our cars are a complete joke compared to one. Unless he was going 1/2 throttle, you would have been dusted instantly unlessy you're running a MUCH MUCH bigger turbo than stock.

You should be happy, however, that some retard in a fake E55 got found out for thinking he could get E55 performance from just the badging!

If you see this guy again, just point and shake your head, and tell him he should be ashamed of himself

Just too throw in my $0.02. From the looks of it Kompressor is ONLY used on the 2.3L 4 cyclinders as previously mentioned. BUT AMG badging on a 320 or 430 class usually indicates its supercharged from the factory.

I know of another company called Kleemans that supercharges the 320's, 430's, and yes even the 550's!! The respective hp out of each is 320hp, 430hp, and 550hp!! I have driven in them and they are QUICK... even at 6000ft. above sea level.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Originally posted by davidm_sh
    Just too throw in my $0.02. From the looks of it Kompressor is ONLY used on the 2.3L 4 cyclinders as previously mentioned. BUT AMG badging on a 320 or 430 class usually indicates its supercharged from the factory.
    Actually, this isn't quite correct. AMG badging on a 320 or 430 Merc simply means that the car has the sport package (AMG wheels and suspension). It's the same way if you buy a BMW with sport package you get M-wheels and suspension and an M on the steering wheel. Audi does this as well. Mercedes, however, also puts an AMG badge on the back of the car to denote the presence of a sport package. In addition, no 320 or 430 comes supercharged from the factory, you're absolutely right about Kleemans, however, they do make some insane cars! Brabus, Lorinsor, and a bunch of other tuners also take the mercedes engines to extreme levels of performance, at extreme price levels.

-Michael

I Support ClubWRX
    two things

1.) what type of SC does AMG put on their performance cars?
    is it Karmann?

2.) kleemann? Kleeman - are they kinda like Brabus in what they do to MB's?
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

two things

1.) what type of SC does AMG put on their performance cars?
    is it Karmann?

2.) kleemann? Kleeman - are they kinda like Brabus in what they do to MB's?
    1) I believe AMG and Kleemans use fairly similar products. AMG uses a screwtype compressor supercharger with an air-to-water intercooling system. I KNOW Kleemanns uses a autorotor lsyholm screwtype supercharger with a laminova air-to-water intercooler setup.

2) I am not familiar with Brabus but I found out the correct spelling is "Kleemann". Here is a link to the US site... they have the 320 for sale currently. http://www.kleemannusa.com/
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

I Support ClubWRX
    when i said karmann i mean the company that made superchargers

(same guys who made the Karmann Ghia for VW)
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

there is no AMG badging on the sport package... you can get an E430 with AMG wheels obviously and those say AMG on them but there is no other badging anywhere. The only cars that get AMG badging are infact the cars that have stroked and bored engines and suspension, interior, brakes to match.

I believe the next AMG tuned E is going to be a 55 kompressor. I read somewhere that the car unlimited would be able to do nearly 200 mph which is quite a statement although believeable. Then there is the SL55 which has got a similar engine to the next E55.

If it was a current body, then there's no reason why he couldn't have one from a German tuner or whatever, but it wasn't factory just say that

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ellisnc

I believe the next AMG tuned E is going to be a 55 kompressor. I read somewhere that the car unlimited would be able to do nearly 200 mph which is quite a statement although believeable. Then there is the SL55 which has got a similar engine to the next E55.

how interesting....the audi S4 is twin turbo, and the next model will be a big ass V8, while the V8 e55 will get forced induction in the next model
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by Schaf100

Actually, you're right, to some degree. I like to call German rice "Kraut" seems a little more appropriate

To answer your question though, there certainly is no E55 Kompressor, the only Kompressor models are the C230 sports coupe, and the SLK 230. Kompressor refers to Mercedes supercharged I-4 engine, which puts out 192hp. Well, 192 aint bad for a 4, but an E55 makes 349 out of a V8, so why somebody would slap a Kompressor sticker on an E55 beats me. Chances are, it's an E320 with both Krauted badges on it . I say this for two reasons:

1) Nobody with an E55 krauts out their car.
    2) If it were an E55, there's no way you could ever dream of keeping up with it to 120. The E55 will pull on a rex from a dead stop, and at 65+ our cars are a complete joke compared to one. Unless he was going 1/2 throttle, you would have been dusted instantly unlessy you're running a MUCH MUCH bigger turbo than stock.

You should be happy, however, that some retard in a fake E55 got found out for thinking he could get E55 performance from just the badging!

If you see this guy again, just point and shake your head, and tell him he should be ashamed of himself
    Hey shaf, did you race a guy in a TL a fwe weeks ago in Stamford?

No I didn't, should I look for somebody with a TL in Stamford though? I'm there all the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.